Celebrity Cruises- date change

WorldTraveler151208

Hello, 

I booked a cruise with Celebrity for next year (cruise with confidence terms no longer apply on this date). Is it possible to change to another date, without paying a penalty? I heard there is a fee for changing the date, but I can't find any specific information.

Thank you in advance for all responses

Saying you booked a cruise with Celebrity I am thinking you booked the cruise directly with them so there is no fee involved.   As others have mentioned if non refundable deposit you will lose the deposit.  You are basically canceling one cruise and rebooking another.   You will have to pay the current price for the new cruise you are booking and will not carryover any perks from the canceled cruise.  

If you booked using a Future Cruise Certificate transfer that booking to keep the certificate alive to keep the SBC involved using it.  Don’t know how that works with a non refundable deposit, you may also lose the SBC involved.  

If you went thru a TA  some charge a fee for any changes, including changing cabins to a different location when it became available.  I had one that did that and never used them again.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

5 minutes ago, miched said:

As others have mentioned if non refundable deposit you will lose the deposit.

No you don't lose the deposit.   There is a $100 pp admin fee.   Any remainder is applied to the new sailing.  If canceling the remainder (after the $100 pp fee) is returned as a FCC.

• Like 1

Good the OP has the info needed and thanked those for assisting. 

as to the comment about a TA charging a change fee, my TA got the cruise line to drop the fee to change, so yeah, there are TA’s, especially the online TA’s who I call Booking Agents not Travel Advisors, who find various ways of ripping their customer off. A long while ago I booked with whom I thought was the actual cruise company because the website name was so similar and when I cancelled, they kept the entire deposit. 

buyer beware. 

den

7 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

No you don't lose the deposit.   There is a $100 pp admin fee.   Any remainder is applied to the new sailing.  If canceling the remainder (after the $100 pp fee) is returned as a FCC.

You are right.  I always use a FCC and the cost is $100 each and that is also my deposit.  So if I ever cancel with a non refundable booked cruise it would be the amount that I paid for the FCC.  I didn’t think about those that book without one and forgot about it being just $100 and not the full deposit.  

Thanks for the clarification and reminder.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅