An announcement on Monday!

PEMCO007

Hmm - due to pay the balance shortly for our Arcadia cruise in March. Will be interesting to see if any statement affects that.

But, historically,  P&O make announcements on a Tuesday,  so I'm taking this rumour with a shovel full of salt.

Perhaps the OP could tell us where these rumours are circulating - I'm assuming they are not being overheard in a pub in Shropshire !

Edited by wowzz

If there is genuinely anything important, I would **like** to think P and O would get their backsides in gear and announce as soon as they have an an announcement to make……….gotta love the tease of a rumour.

Edited by Camberley

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Hmm - due to pay the balance shortly for our Arcadia cruise in March. Will be interesting to see if any statement affects that.

But, historically,  P&O make announcements on a Tuesday,  so I'm taking this rumour with a shovel full of salt.

Perhaps the OP could tell us where these rumours are circulating - I'm assuming they are not being overheard in a pub in Shropshire !

Just on several threads on another social media site.  Some people are claiming their TA's have notified them of said announcement.  Like I say they are rumours and may not hold any weight, hopefully as we are due to go on the 17th xx

• Like 1

I have just had a text from a friend who is due to sail next weekend.

She has been on the phone to P&O this morning and she says that "due to the latest covid news they have, from yesterday changed their policy, you can now change your cruise up to 48hrs verfore departure at no cost or loss."   and  has changed her's to July.

I wonder if that is what Monday's announcement is about?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PEMCO007 said:

There are rumours circulating that P&O are making an announcement on Monday. Anyone heard anything? I will hold off packing until then 😞

Isn't that the date that the launch offers cease? So presumably it will just be to announce the replacement offers, with higher prices but higher OBC to offset them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

So you can move a cruise even if you've paid the final balance.  That would be interesting and a great relief to some!

Jean - this is only internet gossip, and we know how accurate that can be !

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Nice typing. So many predictive text errors in " shovel full of salt"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

So you can move a cruise even if you've paid the final balance.  That would be interesting and a great relief to some!

We had paid our final balance for Feb 2022, P and O allowed us to change to 2023 as I explained to them we are spending more on the new cruise, they replied no problem.

2 hours ago, Holidayfun141 said:

We had paid our final balance for Feb 2022, P and O allowed us to change to 2023 as I explained to them we are spending more on the new cruise, they replied no problem.

We are due to cruise on 19th Feb 22, Iona to Canaries. We have paid our balance and under their terms ATM, I would lose 50% if I cancel and no option to change. I just want an honest answer, did they allow you to change to 23 under similar circumstances ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

We are due to cruise on 19th Feb 22, Iona to Canaries. We have paid our balance and under their terms ATM, I would lose 50% if I cancel and no option to change. I just want an honest answer, did they allow you to change to 23 under similar circumstances ?

In an earlier post I quoted what my friend sent me in a text. She was due to sail next weekend and has moved their cruise to July after having been on the phone to P&O.

Just now, purplesea said:

In an earlier post I quoted what my friend sent me in a text. She was due to sail next weekend and has moved their cruise to July after having been on the phone to P&O.

I believe this is a Christmas Market cruise, which, because there are no visits allowed, are being allowed to be changed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

we sail tomorrow Sat 11 ( G139 Iona Christmas Markets cruise) We had Hamburg removed a few weeks back and substituted  with Le Harve. Will be interesting if we have any more diversions now. Belgium changed how they feel about us yesterday and we are supposed to be in Zeebrugge on Sunday.

Steve

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I don't understand why you want to cancel ?

You will be cruising with fully vaccinated passengers, all of whom will have been tested before boarding.  What is your concern ?

We are off to the Canaries in March and looking forward to it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

We’re on this one to bob and the one before doing a btb , still looking forward to it and I’m sure things will be a little bit improved by then hopefully 🙏