Late dining availability

We have been booked on Odyssey July 23 in Europe for some time. Late dining is still not open as an option. I dont believe it is full since we have been booked for so long. Are there times it opens later? For similar cruises, late dining is open in May but not into June or later. 

Thanks in advance

21 minutes ago, harry0 said:

I am like you I enjoy having same servers every night. I am a traditional dining fan.  From what I am hearing the 2 options are all that is available since covid

That's strange because if I pull up the same cruise for May and go to check out, it lets me choose late dining 😞 Maybe it will open later. Thanks! The covid explanation would make sense!

We book Mytime exclusively at the same time each night and have the same waiters for the cruise.  Easy to do.  

Folks in Europe tend to eat late at night, so not surprising that late dining would be full.  But if you have early you could always check onboard when you get there.  

23 hours ago, firstsailor said:

We have been booked on Odyssey July 23 in Europe for some time. Late dining is still not open as an option. I dont believe it is full since we have been booked for so long. Are there times it opens later? For similar cruises, late dining is open in May but not into June or later. 

Thanks in advance

Ask if there is a wait list for late sitting.

9 hours ago, harry0 said:

I am like you I enjoy having same servers every night. I am a traditional dining fan.  From what I am hearing the 2 options are all that is available since covid

I had MTD on Oasis recently. I reserved the same time every night and had the same servers and table every night. 

10 hours ago, harry0 said:

11 hours ago, firstsailor said:

For me personally, I prefer to have the same servers each night so dont want to move to MTD. I have clients though who want late so I have suggested they move to MTD until late opens if it does.  

If you book the same time each night, the hostess will seat you with the same waiters. That's what we did on our two cruises this year. By the second night, the waiter and assistant waiter had our drinks, menu preferences (electronic vs. paper), and dining preferences down. And on Night 7, they received a nice gratuity.