Let the holiday countdown begin!

kjbacon

We leave tomorrow morning before sunrise to start on our holiday adventure and could not be more excited. We are driving from Philly to Vero Beach for a few days and then off to Miami to board the Explorer on December 20! It’s been almost 2 years since we were on that beautiful ship and cannot wait to be back onboard. Looks like we have a good group going so all the better for toasting. Cruise docs packed, check! Passports packed, check! Vaccine card lanyards packed, check! Hope we will be able to sleep tonight. 

• Like 1

KJ:  we got off the Explorer on 14 Nov and left her in good shape for you.  Enjoy the holiday cruise which should be a very special one. 
Z and TB

Edited by Zqueeze1
Corrected misspelling. Don’t want to get in trouble like Art did.

Good Morning, Kids!

Sounds like you're getting the party started early! Most excellent! I've got to get the rear in gear and dig out the bags. Most clothing is pretty much ready. Having laundry included is a big plus!  I looked again at our itinerary and if we don't make contact on Stirrup Cay day, we will for sure on Weds & Thurs. as those are sea days! Margaritas and Bloodies for everyone! I'll pay! (giggle!)

In the meantime, enjoy you pre cruise expedition!

L&J

38 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

Good Morning, Kids!

Sounds like you're getting the party started early! Most excellent! I've got to get the rear in gear and dig out the bags. Most clothing is pretty much ready. Having laundry included is a big plus!  I looked again at our itinerary and if we don't make contact on Stirrup Cay day, we will for sure on Weds & Thurs. as those are sea days! Margaritas and Bloodies for everyone! I'll pay! (giggle!)

L&J

Unless something changed, I think the group was also planning a pre-sailaway get-together at 1500 hours at the Pool Bar, with the Observation Lounge as a back-up in class of inclement weather.  The latter appears not to be a concern, however, as the forecast for south Florida looks great for the next week!

16 hours ago, kjbacon said:

We leave tomorrow morning before sunrise to start on our holiday adventure and could not be more excited. We are driving from Philly to Vero Beach for a few days and then off to Miami to board the Explorer on December 20! It’s been almost 2 years since we were on that beautiful ship and cannot wait to be back onboard. Looks like we have a good group going so all the better for toasting. Cruise docs packed, check! Passports packed, check! Vaccine card lanyards packed, check! Hope we will be able to sleep tonight. 

Wave beachside as you pass exit 188 in Florida!  Then hope to meet in person next Monday!!

16 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

KJ:  we got off the Explorer on 14 Nov and left her in good shape for you.  Enjoy the holiday cruise which should be a very special one. 
Z and TB

Thanks, Z! You are my trip report hero 😃

4 hours ago, Mudhen said:

Good Morning, Kids!

L&J

Hello! We are indeed off to a good start. We are at a charging station in North Carolina and have had a very nice trip so far with beautiful weather and reasonable traffic. Looking forward to arriving at the hotel in South Carolina later this afternoon and opening a bottle of red wine. And yes, don’t forget … pool bar … Monday 3pm!!

3 hours ago, loriva said:

Unless something changed, I think the group was also planning a pre-sailaway get-together at 1500 hours at the Pool Bar, with the Observation Lounge as a back-up in class of inclement weather.  The latter appears not to be a concern, however, as the forecast for south Florida looks great for the next week!

Wave beachside as you pass exit 188 in Florida!  Then hope to meet in person next Monday!!

We will def wave and def meet you on Monday afternoon, cheers! 🍷

23 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Cruising again after all this time and all of the tumult of these almost 2 years will be very, very special.  I hope that you every moment, I predict that you will!

Bob

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 9:30 AM, Back Roader said:

My husband and I live in Vero Beach and the weather has been lovely. Enjoy your time in Vero before your cruise. We have a group of 8 who will be on the Splendor in February, can't wait. Happy cruising. 

We arrived yesterday afternoon and are settling in. You are right , the weather is delightful! Who knows, maybe we are neighbors. Enjoy your Splendor group, sounds like great fun.

On 12/13/2021 at 4:56 PM, boblerm said:

Cruising again after all this time and all of the tumult of these almost 2 years will be very, very special.  I hope that you every moment, I predict that you will!

Bob

Thank you, Bob, and you are not wrong. Just the anticipation this time has been over the top special. We had a lovely trip down and are settling in for a few days before we sail … can’t wait! In the meantime, we are enjoying some delightful temperatures and walks on the beach. We are so fortunate!

• Like 2

We are now officially barcoded....pleeeeze, no more paper work, forms, numbers, codes etc! 

Guess it's the price we pay for cruising (oh, I thought that came on a bill from Regent...haha!)

Anyway, serious packing underway now....Looking forward to seeing everyone on either Sunday night at the MO or onboard at the pool bar/ob bar if bad weather on Monday.

10-4 on the paperwork. We're all set, DW has been working on packing for the last 2 weeks, hope it'll be done in time. Man, am I looking forward to living again! See John & Linda at MO bar Sunday evening.

Edited by dodgerdoug
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, dodgerdoug said:

10-4 on the paperwork. We're all set, DW has been working on packing for the last 2 weeks, hope it'll be done in time. Man, am I looking forward to living again! See John & Linda at MO bar Sunday evening.

DEAL!!

Just received new email from Regent updating cruise requirements.  It added need for an on-board COVID test prior to any excursions (organized or independent) in St. Lucia.  But nothing about the testing requirements for the previous port calls in Bonaire and Grenada requiring testing.  But, given the strange wording on the testing for the latter two ports, it would appear that a test in St. Vincent would cover all three.  Let's hope!

50 minutes ago, loriva said:

Just received new email from Regent updating cruise requirements.  It added need for an on-board COVID test prior to any excursions (organized or independent) in St. Lucia.  But nothing about the testing requirements for the previous port calls in Bonaire and Grenada requiring testing.  But, given the strange wording on the testing for the latter two ports, it would appear that a test in St. Vincent would cover all three.  Let's hope!

Actually, the email does mention testing for Bonaire and Grenada. It's under the section called Current Destination requirements (or something similar). It lists each port we visit and what, if anything special we need to do. It lists St. Lucia, Bonaire and Grenada as asking for a neg. covid test before disembarking in those ports. So far, only those 3 need the extra test.....lets hope that's the end of it!

14 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

Actually, the email does mention testing for Bonaire and Grenada. It's under the section called Current Destination requirements (or something similar). It lists each port we visit and what, if anything special we need to do. It lists St. Lucia, Bonaire and Grenada as asking for a neg. covid test before disembarking in those ports. So far, only those 3 need the extra test.....lets hope that's the end of it!

Sorry I was unclear.  Yes, it mentions the requirements.  Just not how we fulfill them--will Regent do the tests and when?