Should I reschedule?

I am set to sail in 6 days and I have a cold (tested negative fortunately).  Bad timing!  I should be done with it by then, but I’ve got a few more days of the cold still to go and probably not better until 2-3 days before sailing.  Obviously if I tested positive, this wouldn’t even be a question but what about a cold?  Would you reschedule at this point or plan on boarding?  I want to do the responsible thing and not sure if I’m being overly cautious.  Confusing times.

10 hours ago, Cruising Gal said:

I am set to sail in 6 days and I have a cold (tested negative fortunately).  Bad timing!  I should be done with it by then, but I’ve got a few more days of the cold still to go and probably not better until 2-3 days before sailing.  Obviously if I tested positive, this wouldn’t even be a question but what about a cold?  Would you reschedule at this point or plan on boarding?  I want to do the responsible thing and not sure if I’m being overly cautious.  Confusing times.

Go on the cruise.

I would go. A cold is not a big deal, and part of it might be that you are over analyzing things because you have a trip coming up. Good chance once you are on the ship your cold symptoms will disappear. This has happened to me before, even in the pre-COVID times I was paranoid about getting sick prior to a cruise. No fever and negative COVID test means go for it IMO.

You have time!  Medicate now.  You must answer the Health Questionnaire 24 hours before sailing.

You'll want to answer these questions honestly!!!!

In the middle of our November sailing on Symphony, I developed a sore throat (and later a running nose).  I visited deck 3 and I passed a PCR test.