The Daily for Tuesday December 14, 2021

richwmn

5 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Just read about the new Fare Upgrade Event. I called our big box TA and our fare for New Zealand Feb. 2023 is now $1160 lower. Yippee! Same cabin and all perks still included.

@SusieKIslandGirl Good that you obtained the lower fare .Which ship are booked on?

Hoping our NZ borders will be open in time for our 22/23 summer cruising season.

• Like 8

I always come back at the end of the day, to see what everyone has been up to.  I worked, and the yard guy called to see if we wanted the lawn mown.  DH said it hadn't grown since  they were here two weeks ago, but if he had the crew come clean off the roof (there was so much pine straw on one side of the house, it looked like thatch) they could do that.  So, at 4 this afternoon we got the roof and gutters cleaned out.  Yeah!

Happy camper.  I hate using the wood burning stove when the roof is covered with fire fodder.  Of course I see that we will be up to the 70's again by Friday, with rain for the weekend.  Again.  Tomorrow night's dinner will be shrimp massaman.  I think that is my favorite meal.  Love curry.  I will have to find an avocado tomorrow for the dish.  That's something else that has gone up in price, alot! Last week they were 89 cents, this week they were 1.69 each.  I'll check out the farmers market tomorrow.

Well Tuesday night the neighbor plays pool, and she asked me to let the dog out around 8:15, so off I go, and I get to take the trash down the hill to the street.   Have a great evening-see you tomorrow!

• Like 15

And here is my neurologist story. After Sam had his first stroke, his cardiologist wanted to put him on a blood thinner but wanted a brain scan first to make sure there was no bleeding. He had an appointment with the neurologist weeks away, so my daughter called his office 4 times to ask for a script for the scan from this MD who had seen Sam in the hospital. Long story short, he never called back. When Sam finally had the appointment, off he went for the scan. The doctor never called with the results so again my daughter called and the next day we had the results and he was started on the blood thinner. Unfortunately, it was too late and he had the second stroke 2 days later because the warafin levels didn't have time to build up.

And then there is my wonderful oncologist who I met 6 years ago and waited in his office for the first visit well over an hour. When he came into the exam room, he got down on one knee, took my hand, and said he was so sorry I had to wait so long. That man is a saint and I've never had a doctor like him before.

And here, in NJ we wait months for an appointment too. The doctors are very busy.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Good evening from a very windy,and wet Quartzsite.  We are under a wind advisory until 5 am tomorrow along with blowing dust.  We also gotten just less than 1/10th of an inch of rain.

I'm very late today.  I started looking at the Daily early this morning, but then got bogged down with year end bills and paperwork.  At least, all the bills are paid and the Christmas cards were mailed yesterday.  The tree is up and decorated as is most of the house.  The dough for the gingerbread cookies is made and in the refrigerator ready to be baked tomorrow.

Older DD  and DSIL are planning to drive out for Christmas, but this year, we may have a less traditional Christmas dinner.  We also told them, if the Omicron variant gets worse and they feel unsafe, we'd understand if they decided to stay home this year.

Another interesting collection of days.  I'll pass on the boullabaisse and chestnuts.  I like chicken Parmigian but not on as a sandwich.  I make it in the air fryer, and it turns out very well.  I'll also pass on the drink and wine.  

We have not been to today's port.

@smitty34877  Terry, again, I'll say how lucky Tana and her son to have you and your DD to help them, and I'm glad Tana will ask for help when she needs it.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, I'm sorry that your niece's DH is battling cancer.  Hope the surgery and chemo have the desired results.

@Sharon in AZ  🍾🎈 HAPPY 47th ANNIVERSARY 🎉🥂

@grapau27  Graham, I happy Pauline is feeling better.

@rafinmd  Roy, good news you are 2/3s through with the treatments.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I hope the antibiotics help your BFF.  Abscesses like that are no fun.

@57redbird  Great news that your DH's surgery went so well.  🤞for a good check-up 

@ger_77  Gerry, glad you had a good evening out.

@1ANGELCAT  Sorry you are not happy with the doctor, but hope he can help you.

@Vict0riann  Ann, your picture with the monkey reminded me of our visit to the monkey school in Phuket in 2000.  I was chosen to be tied up and to let the monkey untie me.  To this day, I'm sure the monkey had fleas since I had several small red places on me later.  🤣

P3070522.thumb.JPG.499dbbf73757b3c2fc959fe15b4802d5.JPG

P3070523.thumb.JPG.96a88692c9c72e45b8347fc17cadc9e9.JPG

P3070524.thumb.JPG.277e7fb48451fccfb270b6e148adca18.JPG

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

On 12/14/2021 at 1:12 PM, Sharon in AZ said:

Everyone -----  Thank you so much for all your Happy Anniversary wishes.  I couldn't ask for a better group of friends than those on the Daily!! 

Thank you!!  Sorry but I only just yesterday realized you were on our cruise!

Hmmmmm, yep, those crazy blue flowers!  I really wanted blue to be dominate in the wedding and I wanted blue flowers, but it was December and alas no blue flowers.  So.......  yep, those are fake.  Or as Elaine Benes would say.....  fake, fake, fake.  Blue is my favorite color.  (Sorry my Elaine Benes meme wouldn't post.)

Thank you!  I knew you were in Tucson then, so where was your wedding?  Ours was at a church we went to way back then, near the University, about Broadway and Highland.  I think it's a school now.

Such great news!!

We were married at Our Saviour's Lutheran Church on Campbell, just north of Speedway. Reception at the Greek Orthodox Church on Ft. Lowell near Mountain. We loved the space at St. Demetrios for a reception and wanted to serve food, wine and beer (no alcohol at Our Saviour's...). Both seem to be active churches 47 years later!