Vaccination proof check-in timing?

huberflomo

Hello! Scheduled for Adventure of the Seas on Dec 20th....delayed only about two years! 🙂 I'm using the RCI app (very nice) and have uploaded our vaccine cards for each of our family members. How long does it take for RCI to get me the green check mark? Been on "we are validating your record" for the last two days for all of our parties. Does it matter that we submitted a photo of TWO cards (ONE photo, but TWO cards in said photo, since shot 1 was on one CDC card and shot two was on another CDC card)?  Finally - while I am at it....we are getting our pre-cruise test at CVS on Dec 18. Once we get the results, do we just submit a screen shot in the app as well? Thanks in advance for your help!

1 minute ago, huberflomo said:

Once we get the results, do we just submit a screen shot in the app as well?

No, you show that at the terminal during check in. The vaccine card validation may never clear - they will check it at the pier anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, huberflomo said:

Hello! Scheduled for Adventure of the Seas on Dec 20th....delayed only about two years! 🙂 I'm using the RCI app (very nice) and have uploaded our vaccine cards for each of our family members. How long does it take for RCI to get me the green check mark? Been on "we are validating your record" for the last two days for all of our parties. Does it matter that we submitted a photo of TWO cards (ONE photo, but TWO cards in said photo, since shot 1 was on one CDC card and shot two was on another CDC card)?  Finally - while I am at it....we are getting our pre-cruise test at CVS on Dec 18. Once we get the results, do we just submit a screen shot in the app as well? Thanks in advance for your help!

it has taken about 3-4 days for 3 cruises for us for the vaccine card to be uploaded.  Just keep checking the app.  For the test results we used emed and had the printed copy with us in Galveston for the Adventure in November.  Just make sure you have that out with your vaccine card and passport.  

I have the below item I ordered off of Amazon to hold my passport and vaccine card.  It's much easier than risking losing it.  Comes with a plastic cover for vaccine card.

Screenshot_20211214-180404_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Edited by jean87510

The more from "ordinary" it is the longer it takes to get the green check. My guess is they have a computer program try to verify on the first round and if the computer can't then it moves on to humans looking at it. My card has printed out stickers for each shot and took only 3 days a week or so ago. My friend's is handwritten and took a couple days longer than mine - though they also had early dates since they were in the trial. I've seen people wait over a week or weeks for it on here though. 

As long as you actually have the correct stuff, it seems preuploading it just saves time because they don't have to take a photo as long as it matches what you show them in person. 

We were on the Harmony last week. We uploaded the photo of our vax card about a week before sailing and took less than 24 hrs for the system to validate.  At the pier, our physical vaccination card were checked against the uploaded photo at 2 different times before we can go into the terminal.

We just got off Harmony B2B and did not have any option to enter our cards when checking in on app prior to cruise.  No one mentioned anything at the terminal, agent downloaded both, took maybe 30 seconds.  At the beginning of the the 2nd cruise, everyone had to present their cards again, and they were downloaded again. 

We are all checked in for our upcoming cruise on Independence and, again, no option to download cards.  Sea passes are available, the only item not checked off as completed is the health questionnaire.

I don’t think I would stress over this approval.😂

Sherri 🙂 

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

It doesn't really matter -- they still look at (and take a photo of) the actual card when you check in, IME on four different ships in the last month.

We just boarded liberty this week and they didn’t take pictures of our card. The upload from the app took care of that. I imagine uploading it save this 90 seconds at check-in time.

36 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

We just got off Harmony B2B and did not have any option to enter our cards when checking in on app prior to cruise.  No one mentioned anything at the terminal, agent downloaded both, took maybe 30 seconds.  At the beginning of the the 2nd cruise, everyone had to present their cards again, and they were downloaded again. 

We are all checked in for our upcoming cruise on Independence and, again, no option to download cards.  Sea passes are available, the only item not checked off as completed is the health questionnaire.

I don’t think I would stress over this approval.😂

Sherri 🙂 

I leave on Harmony in a couple weeks and was having the same issue with the app not showing where I could enter vaccination cards. I tried for many days after first checking in. I went into app store and saw that my app had an update. I updated it and voila, the app now wanted my vaccination information. So I would suggest if anyone else is having the same issue, to try updating your app.

29 minutes ago, DamonG said:

I leave on Harmony in a couple weeks and was having the same issue with the app not showing where I could enter vaccination cards. I tried for many days after first checking in. I went into app store and saw that my app had an update. I updated it and voila, the app now wanted my vaccination information. So I would suggest if anyone else is having the same issue, to try updating your app.

Thanks, but I just updated it a few weeks ago.  Still not appearing on my checkin for Independence.

Sherri🙂