No show at port question

Floridadude

1 minute ago, Floridadude said:

I am sailing on the Apex in the spring.

Already made final payment.

Husband not going now, so I am cruising solo.

Do I need to let Celebrity know or just tell them during check in at the port?

Thanks for any info.

Find a friend and change a name of the reservation. Or just call and let them know to see how that impacts the reservation.

• Like 1

I am actually excited about having a huge bed and cabin to myself, friends from another state are flying to Florida to cruise with me.

I got a great price when I booked almost 2 years ago, so a solo fare or solo cabin would be a lot more expensive than I paid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Floridadude said:

I am actually excited about having a huge bed and cabin to myself, friends from another state are flying to Florida to cruise with me.

I got a great price when I booked almost 2 years ago, so a solo fare or solo cabin would be a lot more expensive than I paid.

I believe you can just change it to a Solo booking since you have already booked it.   Just removing the second passenger.   Just ask to make sure it doesn't affect price.   That way you get the double points.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Is the assumption that Husband’s fare will not be refunded or used as a future FCC?

Yup. If X doesn’t just accept the drop to Single and leave it as is, the OP would have to rebook as a Single, which usually is very close to what a couple pays for a standard SR. Maybe save on port fees for one person. 

den 

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Yup. If X doesn’t just accept the drop to Single and leave it as is, the OP would have to rebook as a Single, which usually is very close to what a couple pays for a standard SR. Maybe save on port fees for one person. 

den 

For a no show don't you get port fees back anyway?

4 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

For a no show don't you get port fees back anyway?

Not sure with No Shows, but what I’ve read on these forums, when someone calls and cancels their ‘roommate’, they don’t pay the 2nd port fee….just as someone who books a standard SR as a single, pays port fees for one, not two. That’s why I think the ‘wait till you show up at the ship’ isn’t a good idea at all.

den