10:35 am flight

Usually I would say this is cutting it close, but we are doing the same thing for a 10:05 flight out of Miami on a Saturday morning. In the past we always end up at the airport about 45-50 minutes after getting off of the ship and then sitting around for hours waiting for our flight. So this time we are taking a chance but if all goes well we should be at the airport with enough time to spare. Good luck!

Too early for me . I made a rookie mistake once and booked a 9:30 am flight and i did make it . I only book flights after 12 noon now.

It only takes one mishap and you could be delayed disembarking.

Chances are in your favor , just depends on how much risk you can handle.

Have a plan B just in case .

Happy sailing!

• Like 1

Standard answer on every 'flight-time' thread:

If all goes well, you might make it early or you might make it barely.  If there's a glitch, you might be early/on-time/late for the next flight.  If there's a bigger glitch, you may enjoy the day in airport chasing flights on stand-by.  If you don't get on those, you get to spend the night and try again the next day.  All depends on your risk/reward/comfort level.

Some have been able to make an 0900 flight....others have missed the 1:00pm flight (ref Independence late arrival in to Pt Canaveral 3Dec).  If you're looking for a definitive answer - check your crystal ball.

Insufficient information to make a recommendation. What is the consequence of missing your flight?

If missing your flight means that you can change it for free to any one of 15 flights out of MIA on the same airline later that day, then by all means, go for it. Do self-embark.

If missing your flight means that it will cost you $800 in change fees, and you potentially won't be able to fly out until three days later, then I wouldn't chance it.

You are disembarking on a Monday.  Miami traffic is horrible at best on weekdays.  What would be 20 minute transit time with no traffic has just turned into an hour or more.  

Also, TSA will be a nightmare with Monday being a very popular travel day for business travelers.

I am a gambler and I don’t like those odds.

Another variable is immigration. While it normally goes so quickly that you hardly notice, those machines can and do go down. It still might not add much time, but that'll still matter if you're trying to cut it close.