My experience with Trip Insurance Store

zitsky

Result of my experience with booking several trips' (land and sea) policies with Trip Insurance Store: 

I would never use any other business for trip insurance. 

2 reasons:  

1) It's simply SO rare to find staff that are as expert as they are, who are willing to talk through all the If-Thens, etc.

ex: 

I marveled at Steve Dasseos' July newsletter:
"Insuring Future Cruise or Travel Credits is an area that appears simple on the surface, but has ..."

; the way he addressed the question.

2) The many stories of how they have gone to bat for their customers when something does go wrong

Now that I've booked several times and they already have my info, I simply email them "hey Deanna, please book me with same type of policy as _previous trip___  for ___upcoming trip ____"   and include 

Departure, Return, locations, amount paid, amount anticipated, etc

(Not sure if I should mention that publicly - i hope that doesn't make it harder on the staff to create a policy like that.) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Thanks for this thread it has a lot of helpful info. 

Do you all purchase a policy for each cruise or do you purchase an annual policy to cover multiple trips?

I cover each trip individually.

Since I live in Washington State, I can’t buy GeoBlue Annual and the other annual policies don’t fit me very well.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for the great service from Trip Insurance Store.  Steve helped me with a policy for a long sailing.  He took lots of time and guided me to the best option for us geezers while saving us some money. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised to read so many glowing reviews.  I sent them an email with a simple (I thought) question about medical evacuation insurance (as in that's all we need).  I got no response at all, and yes I did check my spam file.  Very disappointed and not a good first impression.  

1 hour ago, Cruise NH said:

I'm surprised to read so many glowing reviews.  I sent them an email with a simple (I thought) question about medical evacuation insurance (as in that's all we need).  I got no response at all, and yes I did check my spam file.  Very disappointed and not a good first impression.  

Medical evacuation is usually part of a travel policy whether comprehensive or medical. If you want just transportation without any other coverage for medical expenses/travel risks, you need to look into a medical transport membership like MedJet Assist. It isn’t really insurance. You pay a membership fee to access services.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise NH said:

Did you try calling them?  If they don't answer right away (they usually do, but that can obviously vary with the timing of when calls come in), do leave a message and they'll call you back.

I obviously can't know what happened with your email inquiry, but it's worth another try, in my mind.

GC

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruise NH said:

So sad you are mad and just gave up.

they are SO good in the insurance industry.  You cannot do better.  Give them a call immediately!  And leave a message!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

So, another very positive experience with Steve and The Trip Insurance Store.

Actually, I had bought ALLIANZ insurance for my girlfriend and I for an upcoming cruise.  I ended up canceling it less than 24 hours later after posting a question about it in another thread and receiving a reply from CRUISE GEEZERS who urged me to call The Trip Insurance Store.

The happy outcome was that I ended up saving $132 over the Allianz policy with much better coverage.  I was amazed.

It's good to have an agent handle the particulars.  I suspect that if I have any issues with a claim, Steve will become a middle man in assisting me.

• Like 1