Can kids eat at Solarium Bistro on Oasis of the Seas

53 minutes ago, Flygirl1999 said:

Hi,

We’ve never cruised on Oasis and wondering if  vaccinated  kids are allowed to eat Lunch or Dinner at the Solarium Bistro. My 11 yr old would love their food!
Thanks!

on Harmony Solarium bistro was vaxx only, so yes - if the kid is vaxxed, they are welcome to dine there. Don't know about Oasis, but on both Allure and Harmony the Bistro is just a small buffet during breakfast and lunch.

We sailed on the Oct 3rd sailing on the Oasis, our 12 yo son (vaxed) and I went to the Oasis Solarium Bistro one morning to grab a quick bite and coffee and we did suffer a lot of stares of him being out of place.  It was regrettable as the food was good and it the venue pretty much under utilized.   

Harmony has a large prominent sign at entrance to Solarium Cafe...Adults only.  

On that ship, your child probably wouldn't miss much.  The food selection has gone way down for choices.  Not sure if Oasis is following that pattern.  

Edited by island lady

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

On that ship, your child probably wouldn't miss much.  The food selection has gone way down for choices.  Not sure if Oasis is following that pattern.  

I think that on both Oasis and Allure the Solarium Cafe food has had a big evolution from how they started... and I don't mean this in a good way at all.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think that on both Oasis and Allure the Solarium Cafe food has had a big evolution from how they started... and I don't mean this in a good way at all.

Definitely odd to see it now.  Used to be 2 or three stations on Harmony, plus the one along the wall.  Now limited at the one on the wall, and only one station in the center.   

And yes...food really did not look that appetizing, IMHO.  

Edited by island lady

10 hours ago, Flygirl1999 said:

Hi,

We’ve never cruised on Oasis and wondering if  vaccinated  kids are allowed to eat Lunch or Dinner at the Solarium Bistro. My 11 yr old would love their food!
Thanks!

Just curious...what kind of food does your 11 year old look for?   The Wipe Out cafe (now called Mini Bites on Harmony).   Has some interesting food your child may want to check out, which is open to all.    

Just asking since selection is not the same in Solarium Cafe since restart after Covid.  

14 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

Can you clarify if your 12 yo was drinking coffee ?

Why, is it restricted like alcohol or is this going to become a parenting critique? If so then maybe a 12oz can of sugar and caffeine , I mean soda, would be a healthier choice and warrent less stares.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I believe, the sign at the Bistro said - VACCINATED ONLY, not Adults only. At least during our Thanksgiving sailing.  The Solarium itself is for adults only, but the Bistro is not.

Pre-covid we ate pretty much every breakfast and lunch at the Bistro on the Allure with our then 8 yo kid.

17 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

Not me become a parenting critique  Hun !!

I was merely trying to establish if all the "Stares" at the 12yo were because of his age, or  perhaps that he was drinking coffee ?

One needs a coffee maybe ??

I didn't mean to come across as accusatory toward you specifically but I can see how my post's wording could have come across that way. Sorry. People offering parenting advice and critiques is not rare around here. And I do have that cup of coffee right next to me, hun.☺

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Just curious...what kind of food does your 11 year old look for?   The Wipe Out cafe (now called Mini Bites on Harmony).   Has some interesting food your child may want to check out, which is open to all.    

true, the Mini Bites on Harmony (2021) was a lot better than the Wipe Out cafe on the Allure (2019). 

9 hours ago, daninwi said:

our 12 yo son (vaxed) and I went to the Oasis Solarium Bistro one morning to grab a quick bite and coffee and we did suffer a lot of stares of him being out of place. 

not sure why. Vaxxed is vaxxed. We'll use it on the Allure with our 11 yo in 5 months, unless WJ is less crowded than it was back in 2019.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I believe, the sign at the Bistro said - VACCINATED ONLY, not Adults only. At least during our Thanksgiving sailing.  The Solarium itself is for adults only, but the Bistro is not.

Pre-covid we ate pretty much every breakfast and lunch at the Bistro on the Allure with our then 8 yo kid.

That is how I remember Oasis and Allure. The solarium is for adults only but the cafe is not. Kids can transit through the Solarium, it happens on every ship.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Painter4me said:

I thought the Solarium area, restaurants included were 16 and over and vaccinated only?

The Solarium area itself (pools, hot tubs, etc.) is for 16+ and vaccinated only.  The Bistro is vaccinated only - so kids that are vaccinated can go there.  The entrances to the Bistro (at least on ships we've been on) was just inside the Solarium entrance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I remembered a prominent sign that said adults only...perhaps it was off to the side?  I am talking about Harmony though...not Allure.  

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

I remembered a prominent sign that said adults only...perhaps it was off to the side?  I am talking about Harmony though...not Allure.  

It was off to the side and for Solarium in general.  

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

It was off to the side and for Solarium in general.  

Sherri🙂

Thanks!  I knew I saw it somewhere upon entry.  Though with the toned down selection they offer now in Solarium Cafe (which used to be one of my favorites).  I did not dine there at all during the two weeks that we just came off of on Harmony.  

Plus we don't use the Solarium...just not my thing.  😉  Nice to walk through it on my deck explorations though.  

16 hours ago, LynnForestgate said:

Can you clarify if your 12 yo was drinking coffee ?

No he was not drinking coffee;  Pops needed a cup of coffee. He was with for the walk.  I don't think the stares had anything to do with his vaccination status.  It was more about a child near or boarding on the adults only zone.