Explorer denied entry to Saint Lucia 16 December

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

No, they each get the exact same compensation, one days cruise fare.

I guess I don't understand what "one days cruise fare" means.  Is there a base daily charge on my booking for "cruise fare"? Is that the same for all passengers? This is something I'm not clear about.

15 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

One day's cruise fare in credit?  I've never heard of that.  So someone in a suite gets compensated more.  Interesting. 

Someone in a suite also paid more. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

I guess I don't understand what "one days cruise fare" means.  Is there a base daily charge on my booking for "cruise fare"? Is that the same for all passengers? This is something I'm not clear about.

The cost of one day on the ship of your price. So yes there will be a difference of amount between travelers but they all have the same value - X% of what you paid. so a 7 day cruise they would get 14.3% of their total cruise fare back. The amount dollar amount of that will differ based on what the person paid originally but everyone will get the same percentage of their fare back.

No different to paying X for 7 nights in a hotel - divide it by 7 and you get the average cost for one night.

For example:
$2000 for a 7 day cruise is roughly $285 a day therefore that person would get ~$285 back.

Oh my, I hope this doesn't happen to our January 9th cruise on the Explorer.  Getting a refund is nice for missing a port, but the ONLY reason this ship was booked was because of St. Lucia, which I have been blessed to visit twice before, and want 7 other people that will be with me, to SEE why I so enjoy visiting St. Lucia.  To me, it really makes me "wonder" how the crew could have contacted that as I understand RCL is very particular and cautious, but things do happen, and hopefully not to us on our upcoming cruise.