Pinned Topics?

kebrown

2 minutes ago, kebrown said:

Can someone please explain to me why some of the topics on the Celebrity board are "pinned" topics?  What does pinned mean?

They are deemed to be important threads and as such, are pinned so they stay at the top of the list of threads.

• Thanks 1

Personally I think the board would cleaner and better if about 1/2 of those pinned topics were unpinned.   At present you have to scroll through have a page to get to active topics.     Are people really reading the pinned topics anymore? 

• Like 3

Or maybe one pinned at the top of the main page which would be a pointer to a sub forum with all the pinned topics.   They do this with things like discussion with LPP etc.   Of course this sub forum should not allow general users to create topics, only moderators.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiseRQA said:

Personally I think the board would cleaner and better if about 1/2 of those pinned topics were unpinned.   At present you have to scroll through have a page to get to active topics.     Are people really reading the pinned topics anymore? 

Agree. I don't go to all of the boards, but for the ones that I do, this board has by far the most pinned topics.

There are 8 Pinned Topics. 3 provide SR info for each Class ships, 2 are guidances on posting, 2 are on subjects that have generated tons of individual threads (COVID/Move Up) and 1 is a ‘How you Doing’ kind of post. 

Is this really a problem? Many use the SR spreadsheets, many use the COVID and Move UP, all daily. I’d much rather have those at the top instead of the “ I hate AI and want it gone”, followed by a thread ‘I love AI and they’ve taken it away!”……both posted by the same person. 

Den

• Like 1

This thread has been closed since posts or threads regarding board management are not allowed on the forums. Please note the following from the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

"... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums..." 

"... However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com ..."

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com ..."

Please send your email with your questions/comments/feedback concerning board management to LauraS, Senior Manager, Community at community@cruisecritic.com. Also, please send the email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This is so your membership can be verified. If your current Cruise Critic email address of record needs to be updated first, please see the following: How to: Change your Cruise Critic Email Address or User Name

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation,

Host Kat emo32.gif