Rotterdam in Yellow right now why ?

nimiq

Hello all,

is anyone on this chat board on Rotterdam now it’s seems the CDC is reporting this ship

in a yellow colour. Do we know why ? Any announcement on cases onboard ?

Thanks

Sea Ya

Eric  

• Like 1

@nimiq

See this Thread here. It has chronicled all of the color-code changes for HAL ships under CDC protocols since the re-start for the record. Reasons can vary, but the CDC page here and the flow chart on Page 6 of the Thread give criteria. HAL doesn’t usually announce cases, so most of the reasons behind the coding has been a bit of a mystery.

Edited by syesmar

9 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’m pretty sure the koningsdam was in yellow for a least some of the time I was on it in November.  Never heard a peep.  I’m not sure why they would say anything unless it was a large outbreak such as on the rc ship.

Sorry to ask this, and tell me if I am out of line, but did RC not require everyone to be vaccinated? 

1 hour ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

Sorry to ask this, and tell me if I am out of line, but did RC not require everyone to be vaccinated? 

They did not. Everyone age 12 and up has to be vaccinated on Royal Caribbean, but they do allow unvaccinated children onboard (link). 

Edited by syesmar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

As noted, there were unvaccinated children onboard.  That being said, even vaccinated people are getting the omicron variant.  So it may not have been an unvaccinated person that brought COVID onboard.

The  lines are only required to report to the CDC, they are not required to discuss this publicly with the media nor the public. They may be the only common carrier that has such a requirement.    The NCL ship "outbreak" was disclosed by the city of New Orleans, I guess they don't want cruise ships.  

10 hours ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

vaccine does not mean not sick - you still get this stupid virus !!!!!

7 hours ago, esimon said:

vaccine does not mean not sick - you still get this stupid virus !!!!!

Sorry but this virus is anything but stupid.  It continues to find new ways to infect and disrupt the best laid plans.  I agree though.  We may be vaccinated and tested only to be infected hours later.

Edited by Damcruiser
Sphelleng
  • Like 2

We are on the Rotterdam now. The BB King band has been off unexpectedly for the past few days, but supposedly back on tonight. The dance company was just cancelled tonight “due to unforeseen circumstances”. They are now telling us to wear masks in fitness center as of today. I was asked to wear mask when ordering food at Dive-in yesterday which is outdoors. We just don’t know really what’s happening but people are talking. 
I haven’t seen anyone appearing sick or anything, but keeping us in the dark creates more suspicions. But saying that, we are enjoying the cruise and just trying to take precautions as needed. We’ve had a great 20 days on the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bethcb said:

We are on the Rotterdam now. The BB King band has been off unexpectedly for the past few days, but supposedly back on tonight. The dance company was just cancelled tonight “due to unforeseen circumstances”. They are now telling us to wear masks in fitness center as of today. I was asked to wear mask when ordering food at Dive-in yesterday which is outdoors. We just don’t know really what’s happening but people are talking. 
I haven’t seen anyone appearing sick or anything, but keeping us in the dark creates more suspicions. But saying that, we are enjoying the cruise and just trying to take precautions as needed. We’ve had a great 20 days on the ship. 

Prayers for you all @Bethcb! I can tell you the tighter mask restrictions are due to CDC and cruise lines' concerns over the omicron variant. RCCL and NCL both tightened their official policies over the last few days (here). You may not be aware since you're sailing, but RCCL's Symphony of the Seas disembarked Saturday with 44 SARS-CoV-2 positive cases (story here). The official number has risen to 48 but I have personally read posts of passengers who disembarked and have now tested positive within the last day, so that number will rise.

I hope you continue to enjoy your time aboard the new ship! Have a great sailing and be safe out there.

Edited by syesmar

We are also on Rotterdam. We had our Covid tests today. (We're staying on for 4 more weeks) I asked the nurse about the yellow code. She said there's no code yet to call, as passengers were just now being tested?

I wonder if people report to medical with symptoms and are tested and it's reported? 

Now I'm interested and will ask around!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, travellovers2 said:

We're in the process of booking the Rotterdam for mid February.  We received the list of the inside cabins that are available in the section we chose and it was all of them. Are ships that empty or is everyone avoiding inside cabins? Should we stay with verandah? 

I think it is a bit of both but avoidance must be in play.  I booked a flight last month, business class.  The flight changed jets yesterday to a jet that has more business class capacity.  It indicated to me that people want a little space.

14 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We are also on Rotterdam. We had our Covid tests today. (We're staying on for 4 more weeks) I asked the nurse about the yellow code. She said there's no code yet to call, as passengers were just now being tested?

I wonder if people report to medical with symptoms and are tested and it's reported? 

Now I'm interested and will 

look at this link for codes. https://www.cruzely.com/cruise-ship-covid-status-tracker-daily-update-chart-news-and-possible-cases/

14 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We are also on Rotterdam…I asked the nurse about the yellow code. She said there's no code yet to call, as passengers were just now being tested? I wonder if people report to medical with symptoms and are tested and it's reported? Now I'm interested and will ask around!

Thanks. On previous sailings, passengers weren’t always given a straight answer, being told new crew quarantines could be a reason (but I believe the color coding status guide says otherwise). Yes, I do believe symptomatic patients with covid-like illness are reported even if they test negative, if they do not get a clear diagnosis for something else.

I’m curious what you find out, safe travels!

Edited by syesmar

Here’s more about the Queen Mary 2. 10 passengers are quarantined in NYC after testing positive during a Transatlantic sailing (en route to the Caribbean). There were 1,473 passengers  on board and cases were found during routine testing. Details here.

Edited by syesmar
  • Like 1

RCCL’s Odyssey is reporting 3 passengers and 47 CREW have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/12/22/covid-royal-caribbean-odyssey-seas/8990149002/

Earlier this week, the Odyssey disembarked one passenger who was positive, along with his family. More from this Thread on the RCCL forum. 

Edited by syesmar