Silver Nova - Suite Sizes

Stumblefoot

I hope I'm reading the forthcoming Silver Nova suite details incorrectly, or have miscalculated, but it appears this new "Evolution" class ship will have the smallest suites since the Shadow and Whisper joined the fleet 20-years ago! 

image.png.ec663070e5114dc473104dc3e44aa9a4.png

If my calculations are correct, the Verandas will be -8% smaller than the Muse class ships, while the Silver Suite is -14% smaller and the Grand Suite is a whopping -42% smaller.  It seems counterintuitive to shrink the size of the suites in what will be the largest ship in the fleet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I am reading the suite sizes on the web site properly the actual inside space is even smaller on Nova as the veranda has become bigger. For example on the Silver Suite the veranda is 129 sf on Muse and 179 sf on Nova. If true, that means the inside dimensions shrink from 657 sf on Muse to 506 sf on Nova.

• Like 1

A curious development inasmuch as Ms. Muckermann's presentation a few weeks ago emphasized that SS has recognized that guests spend a lot of time in their suites and that SS was focusing its future programs to enhance the in-suite experience.  Smaller suites but more luxury per square inch?

I must be in the minority.......I book a classic balcony on all my cruises.....will do the same on Nova and it will be all good😃.  Smaller by a bit?  Oh well, It is just me so will enjoy it as much as I always do.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

I must be in the minority.......I book a classic balcony on all my cruises.....will do the same on Nova and it will be all good😃.  Smaller by a bit?  Oh well, It is just me so will enjoy it as much as I always do.

Yes, when one sails solo (which is a minority of cruisers) , the "suite" not surprisingly  feels more spacious.

I have found that a luxury line base suite closet and drawer space is way bigger than I personally need (and unlike JP who only does carryons, I usually show up with 1-2 checked bags).  However, the mini-dining area is just right for one person, whereas with two people, there are plates and plate covers all over the place in awkward positions, sometimes including the floor if we have not cleared the desk space in advance. 

Edited by Catlover54
Typo

On the classic fleet including the Explorer we found the Silver suites our preference. Though if a Medallion suite was available we would book that.

Then a voyage on the Muse convinced us we could survive in a balcony suite. Not going to risk it on the Nova.

• Like 1