Check-in on the App

Mark.Jules

Our upcoming cruise is the first in which we are using the X App for the check-in process.  I know much will be same as the traditional online check-in, however, I find knowing the requirements in advance beneficial.  My wife will be out of town when our check-in window opens and I would like to have her photo ready to go.  I cannot remember what constitutes an appropriate photo, but I know you all can help. 

Here are my questions

1. What does X require for check-in using the App?

2. What constitutes and appropriate passenger photo for check-in?

3. What other tips, tricks, or timesavers do you suggest?

Thank you for the answers. 

Mark

14 minutes ago, Mark.Jules said:

Our upcoming cruise is the first in which we are using the X App for the check-in process.  I know much will be same as the traditional online check-in, however, I find knowing the requirements in advance beneficial.  My wife will be out of town when our check-in window opens and I would like to have her photo ready to go.  I cannot remember what constitutes an appropriate photo, but I know you all can help. 

Here are my questions

1. What does X require for check-in using the App?

2. What constitutes and appropriate passenger photo for check-in?

3. What other tips, tricks, or timesavers do you suggest?

Thank you for the answers. 

Mark

1. You will need to post both sides of your CDC vaccination card. We store a copy of the front page of both of ours in each of our phone’s picture gallery along with one picture of the back side, as there is nothing uniquely different between the backsides of our 2 cards.

2. As far as a photo goes, we always use a “head shot”. So if you have a recent one stored in your photo gallery on your devise, you can use it.

3. That’s pretty much it. Of course, you’ll also need to pick your desired terminal check-in time on embarkation day. So if you want to check in early, and are not in a suite, don’t wait until the last minute.

Have a fun cruise!!

When  I checked in for our upcoming cruise on the app on my phone it wouldn’t let me upload a picture I had to take one right then. 

for time savers we found on our September cruise that printing out our XPress pass was quicker to get through the process of onboard check in. 

I am old school.. I usually check in on the computer at home and the data gets uploaded automatically to the app. I did not notice the vaccine card addition on the website..but I was made aware of it on the app. I don't recall that being there when we originally checked in..but I did see it several weeks before the cruise. you simply take a photo of the front and back... and then for several days..the app will note that your vaccine status is being validated... then at some point it will note that you are cleared.

Some photos work better than others. I would take you photo against a wall with a light background... take a few so that if one is rejected you have another to work with.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, cbfb said:

When  I checked in for our upcoming cruise on the app on my phone it wouldn’t let me upload a picture I had to take one right then. 

for time savers we found on our September cruise that printing out our XPress pass was quicker to get through the process of onboard check in. 

I do everything on the app but skip taking the photo.  Then I go to my computer and upload the photo using the web.   They used to let you upload a photo on the app not sure why they discontinued.

The other thing to check while on the web interface is your contact phone.  There has been a bug in the app which puts the emergency contact phone in as your contact phone number.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cbfb said:

I just asked my DW and she confirmed what you said. We had to actually take the picture rather than having the option to load one from the photo gallery, which kind of makes sense. Sorry for providing bad info.

43 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I just asked my DW and she confirmed what you said. We had to actually take the picture rather than having the option to load one from the photo gallery, which kind of makes sense. Sorry for providing bad info.

No worries! I just wanted to warn people because I was not make up ready for that! 🤣🤣

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 3:23 PM, cbfb said:

No worries! I just wanted to warn people because I was not make up ready for that! 🤣🤣

No worries, you probably won't be made up when getting on and off the ship in ports anyway and that's really the only time they use the photo on your sea pass card 😂

On 12/24/2021 at 4:57 PM, jalves said:

The above posts pretty much answers the question with one exception that I can remember (just did checkin on the app a week ago) and that was an emergency contact name/number.

Yes it only asks for emergency contact phone number but it goes and changes YOUR contact phone number.  I stumbled on this while onboard and Guest Relations was doing something for me and used my phone number from the reservation and it was the wrong number.

So when I checked in this time from the app.  I went back to the web checkin and low and behold it did the same thing so I corrected it on the web.   I have reported it as a bug through Captains Club but I doubt they will ever fix it.