Using the Abbott tests before cruise

Taclin01

What I meant to explain to people who haven’t yet taken a test is that no one needs to worry about hours.  As long as your result page has the correct day you are allowed to take the test you are fine.  If you are sailing on a Sunday you can take the test anytime Friday, Saturday or Sunday before you board.

I agree with Helen with the exception of the OP's particular situation testing just after midnight.   If I took the test at the same time living in CA  (it would only be 9PM of the previous day and would not be valid).  

I did notice that when I checked in for my cruises they didn't even look at the date or time just that it said negative, which is probably a breach of Celebrity's own protocol.    They did take pictures of both the Vax card and the Test Results so may be reviewed by the documentation officer.

I took my test with a laptop so I never downloaded the navica app. I just logged into the mynavica website now and it has my test results in local time as others have posted. I had never even looked at that until just now.

It was the emailed results that had UTC as the time of the test/results. That’s what I printed and showed X prior to boarding. 

See the attached 2 photos for the discrepancy. 

0D7C0CC1-AD8D-4C35-A589-B2FB988AD8FE.png

28DCE9DC-CC9D-4019-941D-3BC7C5B096CB.jpeg

Ahh.. I see that -   UTC in the top but on the bottom that looks like on your phone shows EDT.

I also took mine on a PC.   I just looked on my record and doesn't show UTC at all.   Wonder if things changed since I took mine in September and October.

39 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Ahh.. I see that -   UTC in the top but on the bottom that looks like on your phone shows EDT.

I also took mine on a PC.   I just looked on my record and doesn't show UTC at all.   Wonder if things changed since I took mine in September and October.

I should clarify, the top screenshot with UTC time zone is of the pdf attachment that came with the post test email. 

9 hours ago, Taclin01 said:

Hi, we set sail on 1/3 we are going to test on 1/1. Our flights are at 6:30 on Saturday morning to Florida. We were going to stay up late on Friday to take our tests around 12:15 in case there was a wait for someone to proctor it. What time zone are the proctors in? I don’t want to take the test at 12:15 am eastern time but have them

but in central time or pacific time zone. I know this is a weird question we just wanted to have everything completed before we went to bed that night! Thanks! 

I've taken these tests 3 times and I have never had to wait more than 2 minutes for a proctor. Don't sweat it!

I took the test yesterday (Dec. 24).  Here's my experience.  First, I had an account set up with NAVICA and have the app downloaded.   Before the test I watched a couple of YouTube videos about taking the test.  I found it useful for a couple of reasons.. first it lets you see and hear exactly what they'll be asking and how to do the test.  So you know what to expect.  Second, it helped me decide to do the test with my laptop as the card has to sit stationary and in full view of the camera for 15 minutes.  Hard to accomplish on a phone, but very easy on the laptop.  Watch the video on using the laptop on YouTube...shows exactly how easy it is.

Anyway,  when I logged on I got on in about a minute.  The Procter took my info and checked my ID.  Turns out my ID has my middle name so he suggested I log off and change my name on my account to match my ID.  There is NO space for a middle name on the NAVICA account so I simply added it to my "first name" space.  That did the trick.  So make sure your account and your ID have the same name exactly.  

Other than that it was quite efficient and painless.  I did wear my hearing aids like others, and had to listen fairly carefully, but having watched a few videos on you tube I knew exactly what they were asking..so very easy. 

The results in both my online account and my NAVICA app have the times in EST.  So no problem at all.  

Very easy, very efficient, and the proctors are extremely easy to work with.  So don't sweat it.  I did find the bottle for the droplets was pretty hard to squeeze, so after my test was complete, my wife squeezed a few "practice" drops out of mine to get the feel.  

Anyway, easy as can be and simply no cause for any angst.  I'll do this every time.  Well worth the money to do it on my time, in the comfort of my home, and no hassle. 

• Like 1

We’re boarding on the 26th so had to test on the 24th. I’m sure that was a huge testing day in general with all the travelers and people testing before gathering with family. I did mine at 12:30 am CST and had virtually no wait. My husband did his test at about 8 am and had about a 10 minute wait. Others on my roll call reported much longer waits later in the day. It’s probably worth thinking about when US demand might be high when deciding what time to test. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Is this the same frequency range as my DW's voice?

Ha DW. The one that gives me trouble is hearing a waitress although I haven't been to a restaurant in almost two years.  I have used my aids very little since Covid.

20 hours ago, Taclin01 said:

Hi, we set sail on 1/3 we are going to test on 1/1. Our flights are at 6:30 on Saturday morning to Florida. We were going to stay up late on Friday to take our tests around 12:15 in case there was a wait for someone to proctor it. What time zone are the proctors in? I don’t want to take the test at 12:15 am eastern time but have them

but in central time or pacific time zone. I know this is a weird question we just wanted to have everything completed before we went to bed that night! Thanks! 

Not sure which ship you are on for January 3rd, but if on the Equinox, Nassau has added restrictions for entering.  You must have a negative test within 72 hours to get off the ship there.  The post I read specifically said hours and not 3 days.  

15 minutes ago, Pushkin said:

Not sure which ship you are on for January 3rd, but if on the Equinox, Nassau has added restrictions for entering.  You must have a negative test within 72 hours to get off the ship there.  The post I read specifically said hours and not 3 days.  

We are on the Apex. It will be well over 3 days after our testing when we go to Nassau so I don’t know what’s going to happen. 

• Like 1

In addition, right now they should allow you to bring your own (approved) at-home tests with you to the port at embarkation and then take the test right there.  Any approved test should be OK.  Have a team of proctors available at the port to review your results before you board.  But some might think this a bit like testing version of Russian Roulette.  😀

Edited by TeeRick

Yes.  The tests, regardless of who purchased them, can be used by anyone with a Navica account.  I gave one to a friend who just wanted to make sure they were negative before being around elderly relatives at Christmas.

However, people have reported some damaged or defective tests…so you might want more for backup.

• Like 1