Anyone currently on the Allure of the Seas?

dogsdogs

We were just wondering if there is live music entertainment on the Allure.  We have been following the stories about the Symphony with no music entertainment and hope that isn't the case on our upcoming cruise.  The RCCL app isn't showing much in the way of live music. We would be interested in any info about the Allure this week. Thanks.

1 hour ago, dogsdogs said:

We were just wondering if there is live music entertainment on the Allure.  We have been following the stories about the Symphony with no music entertainment and hope that isn't the case on our upcoming cruise.  The RCCL app isn't showing much in the way of live music. We would be interested in any info about the Allure this week. Thanks.

When we were there a month ago , there was live music in a Latin club, guitar player in pub , piano player in schooner bar. Jazz band in jazz club, also live music in Central Park. 

2 hours ago, George C said:

When we were there a month ago , there was live music in a Latin club, guitar player in pub , piano player in schooner bar. Jazz band in jazz club, also live music in Central Park. 

We just got off on the 23rd - all listed above were there. Also an orchestra in Dazzles some nights.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WELDON said:

I was on the 12/11 sailing and the cruise director announced that beginning 12/19, they were expecting 5,000 guests.  This was going to be the largest capacity. Maybe due to school vacations?

I was on the 12/19 sailing. Tons of families and kids. Probably so popular because it was an unusual 4 night sailing on Allure. People could take their families on a Christmas week cruise, with kids out of school, without paying a premium for an Oasis class ship over the actual Christmas holiday.

6 hours ago, dogsdogs said:

The app will show entertainment, but it depends on when your cruise is. But it will not have the show times until you board the ship (Mama Mia, aqua show, ice shows, comedy shows etc). It will show the lounge entertainment like those in Schooners and Bolero's before your cruise. 

36 minutes ago, chiguy67 said:

The app will show entertainment, but it depends on when your cruise is. But it will not have the show times until you board the ship (Mama Mia, aqua show, ice shows, comedy shows etc). It will show the lounge entertainment like those in Schooners and Bolero's before your cruise. 

We cruise in in 12 days and no details at all for entertainment on the app. Shows the venues but that's it.

37 minutes ago, chiguy67 said:

Yes, it sucks as I said from my thread about the 12/11 sailing.  You can’t book or know the schedule of shows until you are on the ship.

Just and FYI shows are followed with an E and a V…. I had no clue.  The E shows are much smaller crowds due to social distancing required for non-vaccinated guests.  V are for vaccinated.  

Pain in the bottom

13 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yes, it sucks as I said from my thread about the 12/11 sailing.  You can’t book or know the schedule of shows until you are on the ship.

Just and FYI shows are followed with an E and a V…. I had no clue.  The E shows are much smaller crowds due to social distancing required for non-vaccinated guests.  V are for vaccinated.  

Pain in the bottom

What I do not understand is why does Royal think you can put more vaccinated guests into a room than unvaccinated in the same size room. Whether vaccinated or unvaccinated you can catch Covid just the same and pass it on to others. The vaccine is only to lessen or cover up the resulting symptoms.

18 hours ago, dogsdogs said:

We’re on the Allure of the Seas right now.  All of the music and entertainment is available.  The Tenors show and Mama Mia are the stage shows. Live music is being played throughout the ship.  Hope this helps!  

Words of advice - book your show times using the app on the first day.  There seems to be no overcrowding in any of the venues.  

Also, make sure to make reservations for all of your dining on day one, including Your Time Dining at the MDR.  Your Time Dining no longer means show up when you want.  If you do, you will be waiting for seating. 

Edited by tohono
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, golf4me2010 said:

Maybe the “E’ version shows are better due to distancing even if vaccinated. Hum. 

I would agree.  Vaccinated and unvaccinated can transmit Covid just the same so if the E version is adding distancing would feel safer.

5 hours ago, tohono said:

We’re on the Allure of the Seas right now.  All of the music and entertainment is available.  The Tenors show and Mama Mia are the stage shows. Live music is being played throughout the ship.  Hope this helps!  

Words of advice - book your show times using the app on the first day.  There seems to be no overcrowding in any of the venues.  

Also, make sure to make reservations for all of your dining on day one, including Your Time Dining at the MDR.  Your Time Dining no longer means show up when you want.  If you do, you will be waiting for seating. 

This is helpful information and we appreciate your response.  Our cruise doesn't stop at Nassau, but St. Thomas is one of them.  I don't love more sea days, but we are committed to going, so I guess we will see what happens.  I'm glad the entertainment is being offered.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Whats the current dining situation in regards to least crowded? I get the main dining room for vax travelers is very close. Both dining seatings the same?

How about other locations like WJ or Park cafe any spaces to have a meal and not be on top of everyone? Maybe to go and eat outside?

Assume for breakfast maybe the early bird gets the social distance experience?

How about booking all specialty dining dinners are those less crowded? 

Thanks.

Windjammer on the Allure Dec11-19 they Have everyone was their hands as you enter, there are plenty of was stations. Tables are cleaned after you get up and signs are placed on them that they have been cleaned. We never felt like someone was too close while eating there. Park Cafe had every other table not in use. 

It's a shame that this thread isn't getting updated by people on the Allure right now over C.C. People that are posting real time happenings on the Allure today, December 26th on Facebooks are saying that St. Kitts and St. Thomas have been scratched from their itinerary stop leaving St. Marteen as the only decent remaining island unless there's those that find Nassau a big attraction. What hasn't been mentioned is, if its Royal that's changing the itinerary out of precaution or the island's own Government that wont allow ships to doc. If that's the case, it wont be long before the Bahamian Government puts a stop for ships stopping at Coco-Cay if the virus increases. That will really put a squash on everything.

• Like 1