Royal Rip Off Symphony Christmas 8 night

On 12/28/2021 at 8:54 PM, firefly333 said:

I havent been on this ship but wouldnt you book a broadway balcony at the end to see the diving show? That's what I'm doing on allure.

Is your cruise the one that got obc and a fcc? So it's not like you got no compensation.

I've never done a xmas cruise because my family doesnt cruise, but agree this would be a bit of a bummer. Sorry for your disappointment. 

Definitely no view of Aqua Show from Central Park balconies

• Like 2

I don't see any compensation coming our way.  But as I was sitting on the Boardwalk yesterday, I wondered if I would have a case (with my credit card) if I booked an Aqua Theater suite without an Aqua Theater show.  Its directly in the description for the room.  I would be a lot angrier than I am now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tcneal said:

I don't see any compensation coming our way.  But as I was sitting on the Boardwalk yesterday, I wondered if I would have a case (with my credit card) if I booked an Aqua Theater suite without an Aqua Theater show.  Its directly in the description for the room.  I would be a lot angrier than I am now.

Dissatisfaction is a reason for disputes but for big money you need better than I didnt get to see the diving show I was promised though I was able to sleep in my cabin which was beautiful. They might give you a good will credit out of their own pocket, not the merchants. And your value for future disputes is now less. Yes they give you a dollar value. Big spenders get more credits. Its life. I worked disputes and black cards and all that. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Dissatisfaction is a reason for disputes but for big money you need better than I didnt get to see the diving show I was promised though I was able to sleep in my cabin which was beautiful. They might give you a good will credit out of their own pocket, not the merchants. And your value for future disputes is now less. Yes they give you a dollar value. Big spenders get more credits. Its life. I worked disputes and black cards and all that. 

I do understand that and if it were me, my first complaint would be to RCL, not my credit card.  Just curious if something was there, but you are right about the payout.   There are many beautiful cabins on that ship but you still pay a premium for that location, even if it is hard to prove with their pricing structure.   I, personally prefer the Crown Lofts and they are usually less.  But I know a lot of people love the Aqua Suites.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tcneal said:

Since the cruise contract explicitly states that the cruise line can basically change just about anything including itinerary, entertainment, etc then you would lose trying to go through your credit card. About the only way you would win is if the cruise line did not respond to the CC company.

Pretty much no recourse booked under US terms and conditions.

Edited by nocl

7 minutes ago, nocl said:

Since the cruise contract explicitly states that the cruise line can basically change just about anything including itinerary, entertainment, etc then you would lose trying to go through your credit card. About the only way you would win is if the cruise line did not respond to the CC company.

Pretty much no recourse booked under US terms and conditions.

Lol I've seen a lot of those ... the cardholder calls me back screaming the collection company contacted her. I told her she won. No I sent a letter carefully worded the credit will remain on your account. ..read as deal direct. Lol. We would never say you won. We also never offer legal advise. We would be fired. We are typing from a script we are required to follow. Fun job. I quit and moved to dallas. Bye. 

Thanks for your post. We postponed our Oasis 12/26 cruise because we paid a LOT for a suite and haven’t cruised since 2019. We don’t expect things to be the same but the price was so high we didn’t want it to be anything like you described. Oasis hasn’t said much in forums so I think that sailing fared better than Symphony but glad we rescheduled and we will reschedule again if things aren’t better. Only thought, we postponed 3 days out from our cruise as the news was ramping. Feels like you could have made the same call?! 

We probably won’t cruise again and will do resorts or charter our own yacht going forward. Honestly for the price of suites you can get a yacht with a private chef and go port to port. Without entertainment &  shows & the experiences (kids club, skipping ports), RCL and all of them will lose their suite customers fast! Not worth $10-20k like they charge without all of the experiences IMO. And if they didn’t reimburse me something, I would be completely done!!!

Hope you get some of your $ back. Let us know please! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2021 at 9:17 AM, jonj said:

Yes they should continue to cruise. 
No I think Royal became a nickel and dime company but specialty restaurants are just that and people do not have to dine there. Many do not.  Not sure how many people the $120 was for.  They can also pre-purchase specialty dining during the many 'sales'. 

While I understand the disappointment of the OP, no one should be cruising if they cannot go with the flow during this fluid time (I am beginning to really dislike the word fluid). 

$120 per person. No coupons, discounts or TA free specialty restaurant vouchers allowed.

On 1/2/2022 at 12:40 PM, cruisers77 said:

Thanks for your post. We postponed our Oasis 12/26 cruise because we paid a LOT for a suite and haven’t cruised since 2019. We don’t expect things to be the same but the price was so high we didn’t want it to be anything like you described. Oasis hasn’t said much in forums so I think that sailing fared better than Symphony but glad we rescheduled and we will reschedule again if things aren’t better. Only thought, we postponed 3 days out from our cruise as the news was ramping. Feels like you could have made the same call?! 

We probably won’t cruise again and will do resorts or charter our own yacht going forward. Honestly for the price of suites you can get a yacht with a private chef and go port to port. Without entertainment &  shows & the experiences (kids club, skipping ports), RCL and all of them will lose their suite customers fast! Not worth $10-20k like they charge without all of the experiences IMO. And if they didn’t reimburse me something, I would be completely done!!!

Hope you get some of your $ back. Let us know please! 

No reimbursement of any kind. 

On 12/31/2021 at 10:51 PM, tcneal said:

Let us know please. They told us no reimbursement being offered. 

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2021 at 10:56 AM, ShineyThings said:

Did Symphony of the Seas dock at St. Maartin and were the passengers able to get off the ship? I looked at Cruise Mapper and couldn't tell whether they were able to visit. I'm on SOTS on January 8th and I am really not sure if I will go or not. Perhaps all of the performers would be out of quarantine just about then. My Magic 8 Ball isn't working. 

Passengers were able to send the day in St Maartin. Only missed San Juan.