Is there any way to find out current capacity of Jan sailings?

Ramona760

23 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Just came from the Windjammer...didn't see the ROM or FBM...but spoke to the Maitre D'...Rajesh stated that their guideline to open the Windjammer was 2500 passengers.  However, so many passengers have asked for the WJ to be open...so, he said moving forward, they will open the WJ for dinner...even with less passengers.  I hope that is good news for you.  Happy New Year!

I'm not sailing on this ship, but I wanted to say thank you for being so kind to others who posted on this thread. Enjoy!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, megr1125 said:

While I didn't ask the question, I'm on that sailing so thank you for getting this information for us!  Fingers crossed that it all goes well.  I really want to go to the original ports but to just sail out of someplace OTHER than the East Coast will be fun.  Haven't been to Cali in over 10 years so I figured why not!

Agreed on the thank you. Welcome back to California.  See you on board. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ramona760 said:

We are booked on the Navigator OTS January 14th in CA. We just got a letter warning of changes in protocols and potential limits on activities. Thing is, we really want to go if the ship is low capacity. We were on the Dec. 13 sailing at less than 50% and it was great!

The only way that I have found out is just about a week out from your cruise date. I have joined the Facebook group for my ship for the week before. By reviewing the posts from the group someone tends to ask someone who knows (hotel manager and the like) about the following week capacity. I have taken 3 cruises since September 2021 and have had very close if not accurate capacity numbers prior to my actual cruise.

1 minute ago, imola said:

So children all over the country will be out of school, correct? 

Not all school systems close for all federal holidays. For example, where I live, schools are not closed for Columbus Day in October or Veterans Day in November. But, I am off on those federal holidays. 

3 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Not all school systems close for all federal holidays. For example, where I live, schools are not closed for Columbus Day in October or Veterans Day in November. But, I am off on those federal holidays. 

Ok got it.  I guess I thought all schools closed for those. As a previous state employee I got them. Thanks for your quick response. 

1 hour ago, imola said:

Does anyone know on a RC B2B sailings does the ship provide testing? Or do you have get off the ship and find your own?  

RC provides free testing for b2b, b3b, b4b...usually done on the last sea day.

(Ours is scheduled for tomorrow, our last sea day, conference room, deck 2, between 9am - 12 noon.)

1 hour ago, Jasukkie said:

Having the Windjammer open is key. It allows people to collect their food from the buffet while masked and go outside to eat. I wouldn't eat inside anywhere with other people right now. 

And the Windjammer is our favorite place to have dinner since it's much more kid-friendly; our 10 year old and 5 year old will be with us for our 1/29 sailing on Jewel and we're looking forward to it!

4 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Just came from the Windjammer...didn't see the ROM or FBM...but spoke to the Maitre D'...Rajesh stated that their guideline to open the Windjammer was 2500 passengers.  However, so many passengers have asked for the WJ to be open...so, he said moving forward, they will open the WJ for dinner...even with less passengers.  I hope that is good news for you.  Happy New Year!

Happy New Year !!

Happy, healthy and safe travel's to you wherever that may be.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ramona760 said:

Did it seem crowded to you at that capacity? Normal? It was so empty on Dec 13th almost eerie.

We are still hoping to go. Sounds like you had a great time. 

I was also on this cruise and it was amazing to have it so empty .. we only had 1,0## passengers, don't remember the exact number now 😛 

5 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

Having the Windjammer open is key. It allows people to collect their food from the buffet while masked and go outside to eat. I wouldn't eat inside anywhere with other people right now. 

Currently windjammer is not self serve. You tell the staff what want and they put it on your plate.

Many ships have no outside eating near the buffet.   

m

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Currently windjammer is not self serve. You tell the staff what want and they put it on your plate.

Many ships have no outside eating near the buffet.   

m

Yes, of course on the staff serving you. Radiance class has the best outside Windjammer, but I've never been stopped from taking food out to the pool area or back to my room. I know it's not ideal but there's no way I would take my mask off in a dining room right now. 

11 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

RC provides free testing for b2b, b3b, b4b...usually done on the last sea day.

(Ours is scheduled for tomorrow, our last sea day, conference room, deck 2, between 9am - 12 noon.)

Thank you so much.  You have very kind to all of us.