Is there any way to find out current capacity of Jan sailings?

Ramona760

2 hours ago, jtbruno said:

Bonsai3s, thanks so much for reporting numbers!  We are scheduled for the Jan 7th Navigator cruise.   (Maybe!)  Have you heard a figure for that sailing?

Per guest services, expected passengers...

* Jan. 7th...1,600

* Jan. 10th...1,1000

* Jan. 14th...2,300

* These numbers are as of today, 12/30...guest services stated these numbers can easily change "It's dynamic".

• Like 1

I asked my TA.  She said my Mariner cruise sailing on Jan 6 is currently 45%.  She also said she was "shocked" to see how low it is.

Given that the CDC had just issued its announcement when we spoke, I would expect a lower percentage by next Thursday.

Edited by Presbycruiser67

We were on Dec 13 and 16 and had 1100 and 2200.  Even 2200 seemed empty.  We are on Feb 21 and on line it says everything except inside are sold out.   We booked it with leftover FCC's which gave us a "free" balcony.  Now we have more FCC to spend (one of our paid for cruise dropped in price) and we are trying to upgrade.  

BTW - our only disappointment with the Dec cruises (besides the weather) was no Hot Rock in Izumi  - they blamed covid, which I am still trying to figure out.  LOL

5 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

I know this is a little far out but can you inquire for Feb 21st.

Per guest services, expected passengers are:

* Feb. 7th...1,200

* Feb. 11th...1,000

* Feb. 14th...1,200

* Feb. 18th...2,300

* Feb. 21st...2,300

* Feb. 28th...1,700

* Guest services said these numbers can easily change.

Additional information regarding the Windjammer. (For most, this may be old news)

For the 7-night sailings, Navigator, there will be theme nights for dinner, per the Maitre D'...American, Italian, Creole, Silk (Indian), Chinese, other European dishes. 

* New Year's Eve... no balloon drop in the promenade. 3 simultaneous parties held in Star Lounge, Pool Deck, and Studio B (large and lively crowd, with free champagne...oh! also holiday hats, tieras, and beads/necklaces)

* Initial expected number of passengers for this NYE sailing was 3,200...guest services said, due to last minute cancellations, it is now approximately 1,800 passengers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

Additional information regarding the Windjammer. (For most, this may be old news)

For the 7-night sailings, Navigator, there will be theme nights for dinner, per the Maitre D'...American, Italian, Creole, Silk (Indian), Chinese, other European dishes. 

* New Year's Eve... no balloon drop in the promenade. 3 simultaneous parties held in Star Lounge, Pool Deck, and Studio B (large and lively crowd, with free champagne...oh! also holiday hats, tieras, and beads/necklaces)

* Initial expected number of passengers for this NYE sailing was 3,200...guest services said, due to last minute cancellations, it is now approximately 1,800 passengers.

Thank you so much for all the info you have provided. Couple more questions, what are the hours for Windjammer nights can you go later to just get a dessert? Can you find out if there is a vaccinated area on Deck 5 MDR early seating like by the railing over looking the dinnig rooms below? I'm going to make a request for a table in that area.

Edited by Lorey2007

2 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Wow quite a drop.. I'm really hoping that the Jan 13 sailing which you gave as 2300 will drop to that level.. maybe an update before debarking? Your updates are great! Also really hoping Oceans Adventure will remain open.. fingers crossed.. 

1 hour ago, Lorey2007 said:

Thank you so much for all the info you have provided. Couple more questions, what are the hours for Windjammer nights can you go later to just get a dessert? Can you find out if there is a vaccinated area on Deck 5 MDR early seating like by the railing over looking the dinnig rooms below? I'm going to make a request for a table in that area.

Windjammer...dinner 6 - 9 pm...you'll have to get your dessert before it closes 😊.

Yes, there are vaccinated areas on deck 5, MDR, both early and late seating. Just for reference, as you enter the mdr, table 802 is dead center, along the railing, great views of deck 4 and 3 below.

Note: This sailing, there are tables, with children, on deck 5, late seating.

Depending on the number of passengers, we have seen deck 5 closed.

3 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Currently onboard Navigator and passenger count is less than 1600.....due to cancellations and no-shows.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ramona760 said:

Wow quite a drop.. I'm really hoping that the Jan 13 sailing which you gave as 2300 will drop to that level.. maybe an update before debarking? Your updates are great! Also really hoping Oceans Adventure will remain open.. fingers crossed.. 

Will post an update later.

Adventure Ocean is currently open.

• Like 1

Does anyone have insight into the projected passenger numbers for the 1/9 sailing of the Explorer of the Seas?  Assume its dropping too with the CDCs notice but honestly we prefer more empty ship and why we normally always cruise the first or second week of January after the holiday sailings.

2 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Do you have to make reservations for the nightly shows or acts in the main theater?

It is recommended, but we simply walked in to all the shows held in the Royal Theater...plenty of vacant seats...deck 4 for unvaccinated and deck 3 for vaccinated. Exception was the ice show...reservations required.

* Last cruise, the production show, "Showgirls" was cancelled because of an injury...hopefully ok this week.

58 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

It is recommended, but we simply walked in to all the shows held in the Royal Theater...plenty of vacant seats...deck 4 for unvaccinated and deck 3 for vaccinated. Exception was the ice show...reservations required.

* Last cruise, the production show, "Showgirls" was cancelled because of an injury...hopefully ok this week.

Invaccinated allowed in deck 3 show at 2pm today. Lots of little ones w/o 😷 

9 hours ago, flamingos said:

I'd love to see updated numbers from those on board now. 

We may be on board in a couple weeks (we have 2 lines booked, and other line just went to masking, so may jump back to RC).  Wondering if we'll be the only ones to report numbers lol.