A Canadian takes on a S2B2B on Oasis 1/2/22, Odyssey 1/9/22 & 1/15/22 (hopefully)

57 minutes ago, bunzini said:

I know there have been some glitches, but I have to say that overall it seems that Royal is treating and taking care of you well.  

so far I think so as well.  Hopefully the rest goes smoothly. We have still not heard from anyone.  If we still don’t by the morning I will call the Number provided above. 

• Like 2

We also are quarantining at Hotel in Fort Lauderdale after I tested positive on Friday morning at our side to side covid test on board. Plan was to get on a Allure for 6 day on Sunday morning.

On the phone with health CSR on board Odyssey, he said make and pay your own hotel and flight changes and meals, then file reimbursement claims to royalguestrelations@rccl.com.

So we are booked for four nights enough to satisfy isolation and quarantine for us u.s. citizens. Then fly back home with no further testing. Easy compared to you Canadians.         Other than missing out on the second Cruise and having to wait weeks for reimbursement, we are not so bad off, both of us no symptoms. Good luck to you both and thanks for all your information and photos. We had a great week aboard Odyssey.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jessy, I had fallen behind on your thread and just popped in to catch up. I was really surprised to hear that Paul had tested positive for Covid! I hope you stay healthy and Paul recovers quickly. I’m very sorry you and your family all had to miss the last leg of your cruise, especially since everyone was so excited about cruising together. Hopefully you will be able to reschedule and everyone will get to cruise together after all. 

I hope that by now you’ve been able to get into contact with whoever you needed to at Royal and have all the information you will need to get both of you through quarantine and safely back home. This has turned out to be a far different vacation than you had planned, but you certainly seem to be handling everything well. I can only hope I would do as well as you’re doing should I find myself in similar circumstances. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I wonder if they will stop allowing B2B's?  If they eliminate the B2B's they do not have to test and provide accommodations and further expenses for those testing positive.  I am not sure how long the cruise lines can afford this.  Just thinking aloud.

Could it be possible they would go the carnival route and quit covering the costs for you to get home? There are folks like me who would still be ok with that as we could just drive home. Other b2bs out of texas are local. Scheduled for my first rcl b2b in 2 weeks. I hope they dont cancel me. Quit a few of us on my roll call. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Could it be possible they would go the carnival route and quit covering the costs for you to get home? There are folks like me who would still be ok with that as we could just drive home. Other b2bs out of texas are local. Scheduled for my first rcl b2b in 2 weeks. I hope they dont cancel me. Quit a few of us on my roll call. 

Time will tell, but, you can bet change is coming since as of yesterday they are not bound by CDC conditions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Time will tell, but, you can bet change is coming since as of yesterday they are not bound by CDC conditions.

I expect RCI, like NCL has already done, will opt into CDC's new rules - which are very similar to the expired CSO.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2022 at 8:27 PM, D4 said:

Your last post about your PCR test made me think of something.

The experts say the PCR test can give a positive result even 2-3 months after you’ve recovered from Covid.

What would happen in this scenario:  Let’s say you plan to go on a cruise in 2 months.  Your husband boards that ship with a negative antigen test.   He then gets identified as a close contact of someone who tested positive and they do a PCR test on him.  That test might very well turn up positive due to the infection he has right now.  Would they consider him to have an active infection and quarantine him again?   Is there another test they can use to determine if it is a new infection?

For the record, we are fully vaccinated, boosted, and haven’t had Covid. My brain just keeps trying to figure out all the things that can go wrong in these crazy times.  My head is spinning.

Excellent question.  I am not sure - we will have to figure out all of the options & scenarios before we travel again! 

• Like 1

I am still negative.  It is so weird how this thing works,,,

I made the mistake of walking across the street to go to the Dollar Tree to get some laundry detergent after lunch. In the 5 minutes I was in the store, the sky opened up.  Welcome to Florida!!

Edited by JessyCruises
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, fonz623 said:

We also are quarantining at Hotel in Fort Lauderdale after I tested positive on Friday morning at our side to side covid test on board. Plan was to get on a Allure for 6 day on Sunday morning.

On the phone with health CSR on board Odyssey, he said make and pay your own hotel and flight changes and meals, then file reimbursement claims to royalguestrelations@rccl.com.

So we are booked for four nights enough to satisfy isolation and quarantine for us u.s. citizens. Then fly back home with no further testing. Easy compared to you Canadians.         Other than missing out on the second Cruise and having to wait weeks for reimbursement, we are not so bad off, both of us no symptoms. Good luck to you both and thanks for all your information and photos. We had a great week aboard Odyssey.

Oh no I am so sorry to hear that!  Hopefully you stay symptom free. Paul does have symptoms now. Akin to a bad cold.  His vision is off too.  I called the number provided above this morning but was not able to get anyone live.  I had to leave a voicemail but have not gotten a call back yet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I wonder if they will stop allowing B2B's?  If they eliminate the B2B's they do not have to test and provide accommodations and further expenses for those testing positive.  I am not sure how long the cruise lines can afford this.  Just thinking aloud.

I would not be surprised if they stop.  It is a lot of $$ for them.  Ours will be at least $3500.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

I am still negative! According to my rapid antigen test anyway…

655D2D48-79C1-4C42-8A7F-D8BBF90F06B6.thumb.jpeg.3e3f8cbc788730e784a275ec4903c8c9.jpeg

Sunday evening will consist of Cheesecake Factory via DoorDash and NFL football.

Sadly my Pats got their butts walloped last night 😂

Yummy! Gotta like Cheesecake Factory 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, D4 said:

I’m curious …. Since all your tests have been negative, why didn’t you fly home with Paul?

Paul did not fly home - he is in quarantine in Florida and she is with him. He must quarantine for 10 - 15 days (regulations changed today so she is unsure of how long they need to isolate) before he can enter Canada.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JillK said:

Paul did not fly home - he is in quarantine in Florida and she is with him. He must quarantine for 10 - 15 days (regulations changed today so she is unsure of how long they need to isolate) before he can enter Canada.

Thanks, I’m following a few similar threads and must have confused them.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I thought I read that he was flying home a day earlier than her.  I was wondering the same thing, but just assumed it may have been due to flight availability?

Different couple. I think they are in San Juan. Jessy and Paul are in Ft. Lauderdale. You have to keep up! :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, D4 said:

Thanks, I’m following a few similar threads and must have confused them.

40 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I thought I read that he was flying home a day earlier than her.  I was wondering the same thing, but just assumed it may have been due to flight availability?

1 hour ago, JillK said:

yes that was the other couple in San Juan.  We are Canadian and our government has stricter travel requirements.  It was 15 days post positive but it just changed yesterday

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been really enjoying your review (food pics had me drooling!) but so sorry you’ve had to miss your last week, and hope your hubby is feeling better. I understand what you’re going through, it happened to our family as well. The Jan 2 Oasis cruise was supposed to be our family’s 2nd week of a B2B (would’ve been great to meet you!), and so we had to get tested onboard on Jan 1. Unfortunately I tested positive but had no symptoms and felt fine - Happy New Year to me! I went to a quarantine cabin for 1 night, an ocean view balcony on deck 6 (nicer than my original central  park balcony 😁), and the usual carpet flooring, not wood. Many, many people quarantined.  We arranged for our own accommodations when we got off the ship as we wanted more space than a hotel room for our family of 4. Two days later my daughter had minor symptoms and  tested positive, so we had to extend our isolation/quarantine for another 5 days (to Jan 8). Check with officials, but this was my interpretation of entry requirements for Canada (I read them over many times - but maybe I’ve missed something?). The website states that as a fully vaccinated Canadian, you can re-enter with EITHER a negative covid test OR a positive test result if more than 10 days post positive (just changed from 14 days) , with no symptoms. I think that latter case is for those people who continue to test positive. Filling out the ArriveCAN app,  there were no questions that asked if we had tested positive within the last 14 days, it was all about the test result (positive or negative) being used for entry and the presence of major/early symptoms. On Jan 5, and again on Jan 8, everyone in my family tested negative (PCR and antigen tests) and had no symptoms so we flew to Montreal on Jan 10 with no issues. Be prepared for more quarantine time at home. It took 5.5 days to get our negative results from the random testing (3 of 4 of us) done at the airport. The good news is that we still had an amazing cruise, and have no hesitation in sailing again in 5 weeks on a B2B2B as we are fine/flexible with any changes on the ship or with the ports. 

• Like 3