Which staterooms are available on a cruise?

cccole

I am looking at a cruise in December 2022 and am unable to view which staterooms are available?  I have been on the HAL website but must be doing something wrong.  Is there a way to view available staterooms?  Thank you,  Cherie

1 hour ago, cccole said:

I am looking at a cruise in December 2022 and am unable to view which staterooms are available?  I have been on the HAL website but must be doing something wrong.  Is there a way to view available staterooms?

There are at least 3 large independent booking companies that provide access to the available cabins, typically graphically. Due to restrictions in this user tool - referencing those site is not permitted - but they are out there.

• Like 1

Be aware that on the current HAL site when you are shown available staterooms they only show 10 from the inventory. The default appears to be shared, or staterooms in the lower category per deck. You need to make a manual selection stateroom by stateroom to find preferable, actual available staterooms

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cccole said:

I am looking at a cruise in December 2022 and am unable to view which staterooms are available?  I have been on the HAL website but must be doing something wrong.  Is there a way to view available staterooms?  Thank you,  Cherie

Go to the Big Box Store that begins with "C" and do a mock booking there.  You don't have to be a member to look at the cabins that are available.  It is the easiest site I've found to see what's available in each cabin category at once. Some sites break the ship up into forward, mid and aft.  Here you can see the entire deck. It is also easy to click on the deck above and below for any noise issues.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, farjar said:

Go to the Big Box Store that begins with "C" and do a mock booking there.  You don't have to be a member to look at the cabins that are available.  It is the easiest site I've found to see what's available in each cabin category at once. Some sites break the ship up into forward, mid and aft.  Here you can see the entire deck. It is also easy to click on the deck above and below for any noise issues.

Thanks for the info. The HAL site and "C" site stateroom availability don't match. The "C" site only shows a portion of staterooms that are available on HAL.  Does "C" only get a portion to sell?  Also the symbol for connecting rooms in the legend don't seem to populate on the "C" site.

42 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Thanks for the info. The HAL site and "C" site stateroom availability don't match. The "C" site only shows a portion of staterooms that are available on HAL.  Does "C" only get a portion to sell?  Also the symbol for connecting rooms in the legend don't seem to populate on the "C" site.

I use a third site and it also does not line up with HAL.  I think all the sites are only allowed to list so many in each category and which ones they are vary by some formula.  Best thing to do is to pick the cabins you would like and then use the HAL site to see if that one is available, and if not, try another.  Takes time to be sure, but it often is worth it IMO.

I found two adjacent aft cabins for an Alaska cruise next June on the Big Box site referenced above and then went to HAL to see if they were available in a mock booking, but HAL wouldn't offer them to me despite my typing in the cabin number.  I sent my T/A an email asking her to check, and she was able to reserve them both.  So in this instance the C site was the correct one.    So . . . 🤷‍♀️

22 minutes ago, amyr said:

I found two adjacent aft cabins for an Alaska cruise next June on the Big Box site referenced above and then went to HAL to see if they were available in a mock booking, but HAL wouldn't offer them to me despite my typing in the cabin number.  I sent my T/A an email asking her to check, and she was able to reserve them both.  So in this instance the C site was the correct one.    So . . . 🤷‍♀️

You probably blocked it from being available on HAL by looking at it on the "C" site. It sometimes takes a few minutes to clear.

12 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

You probably blocked it from being available on HAL by looking at it on the "C" site. It sometimes takes a few minutes to clear.

Oh, maybe.  I didn't think of that.  I didn't select it on the C site though, I was just looking at the whole deck with multiple cabins available and saw those two at the bottom.  I know that's definitely true the other way around.  I've more than once had Celebrity email me that my booking was still pending a day after I thought I was just fishing around 🤭

• Like 1

Hi, All,

I always use a travel to book a cruise. They have always been able to tell me if a specific cabin is available. It does not cost anything to use a T.A. Sometimes they can get you better deals than the cruise ship website (on board credit, free specialty dining, etc.)

3 hours ago, amyr said:

2 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

I had read somewhere that TA’s are given specific blocks of rooms and those are the only ones which they see as available.  I visit different sites to see the bigger picture.

Thank you all for the replies.  I will try again tomorrow.  I'm looking at a December 2022 Antarctic cruise and the stateroom is pretty important.  I love, love, love the aft corners with the huge balconies.  A Hal rep emailed today and I replied that he only needs to continue contact if one of those is available.  I'll try some of the suggestions.  Cherie