On 10 day sailing are you being tested after day 7?

Jadn13

Originally on longer cruises you were tested every 7 days, does this happen on 10 day sailings?

I was on a B2B and tested on turnaround day (7 day cruises) I’m on the Enchanted B2B leaving January 9th, obviously we’ll be tested on turnaround but what about day 7?

Thanks! 

The testing during a 10 day cruise was on the FAQ for a brief time.  Then it was removed.  

Best to check the FAQ frequently to see what the current protocols are as they do change.  

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Today this is what it says:

Will I also be tested for COVID-19 on board during my cruise?

For select cruises, including Panama Canal Full Transits and voyages 15 days and longer, guests will likely have a COVID-19 test administered 3-5 days into their voyages. For voyages 15 days and longer specifically, guests will be tested every 7 days thereafter. The tests will be scheduled and administered by the onboard medical team and will be provided on a complimentary basis.

Positive COVID-19 cases will be assessed and treated either in their stateroom, or in a designated area of the Medical Center in a single occupancy ward. Positive cases that do not require admission to the ship’s medical center, or medical disembarkation, will most likely be moved to a different cabin for the duration of their isolation.

If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are quarantined or medically isolated during your voyage as a result of a positive COVID-19 test or are suspected of having COVID-19, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit for missed cruise days, including time in quarantine, for you, your travel party, and any confirmed close contacts, if any of you test positive during your cruise.

This testing policy will be reviewed on a regular basis as the global situation continues to evolve. Anyone who doesn’t comply with the onboard public health measures may be disembarked at the first available opportunity. Other consequences could include being denied service, required stateroom isolation and being banned from sailing in the future. If you are non-compliant, no refund of the cruise fare for unused cruise days or travel expenses (if flying home) will be covered. If your travel party is impacted and/or they are required or voluntarily choose to leave with you, the same policies will apply to them: there will be no refund of cruise fare for unused cruise days or coverage of travel expenses home

Edited by CruisinFinsUp
  • Like 1

On the 10 day Enchantment cruises those who are doing back to back are tested on the turn around day (a testing company comes aboard and does the testing in the morning before you disembark).  Canadians and Europeans who need tested to fly home can get tested in the terminal building after they clear Customs.    US residents who are taking domestic flights are not tested.

Hank

• Like 1

For the 10 and 20 December Enchanted Princess cruises we we were tested the day before turn around day in the aft dining room on deck 6 and the Take  5  lounge. We would be called by noon if positive 

Edited by coo359a2

On 12/30/2021 at 11:50 AM, beg3yrs said:

We just got off the Emerald yesterday after two ten-day B2Bs. There was no 7-day test however, we were tested by the medical staff for free on the day before turnaround. This was only for the seven in-transit passengers.

Seven !

I've never see such a low number except once during a Los Angeles stop. 

On 12/30/2021 at 4:57 PM, coo359a2 said:

For the 10 and 20 December Enchanted Princess cruises we we were tested the day before turn around day in the aft dining room on deck 6 and the Take  5  lounge. We would be called by noon if positive 

Did they let in-transit people off the ship before finding out the results?

6 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Seven !

No problem getting off the ship as we were tested the day before the turn around day so everyone knew the results a day early.  There were just a little over 100 people that stayed on so testing was done on the ship.   After the test we were free to go wherever and were told if we were not contacted before noon, we were negative.  

2 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

No problem getting off the ship as we were tested the day before the turn around day so everyone knew the results a day early.  There were just a little over 100 people that stayed on so testing was done on the ship.   After the test we were free to go wherever and were told if we were not contacted before noon, we were negative.  

Those in-transit numbers have really taken a big drop. I recall numbers in the high hundreds filling the show lounge. 

2 hours ago, Coral said:

I just finished a 10 night sailing on the Grand and we were not tested during the sailing.

My kids weren't tested at the end of their 10 day Enchanted Princess cruise either. We were on as a b2b so got tested between the two cruises which I guess counted as our precruise test that everyone takes 2 days before boarding their cruise.  Unless things change, only the full canal transit and cruises over 15  days have testing during the cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Those in-transit numbers have really taken a big drop. I recall numbers in the high hundreds filling the show lounge. 

While not 100, there were several I met that were doing B2B on our sailing. It was originally a 15 night Hawaii cruise. It changed to a 10 night Coastal and 5 night Cabo cruise. Several on our cruise adjusted to the new 15 night itinerary as a B2B. I also met several who had done B2B2B cruises on the Grand.

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Seven !

It was pretty much the same itinerary on the second leg with only a substitution of Nassau for Grand Turk, which was missed on the first leg due to port dredging not being complete. We only stayed on because relatives ended up not making it for Christmas and we had more friends on the ship than we did in town, plus got a good last minute price from our TA who significantly beat the price offered on board. We were able to use a freshly purchased FCDs and even got shareholder's benefits at that late date.

We tested on the last full day of the first leg and had results that evening so this did not cause a delay doing the "in-transit dance tango".

• Like 1

11 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

We only stayed on because relatives ended up not making it for Christmas and we had more friends on the ship than we did in town, plus got a good last minute price from our TA who significantly beat the price offered on board.

Since the ships are sailing partially filled, I'm surprised that they didn't make everyone a great offer (on the ship) to continue sailing on the subsequent cruise. I've seen them do it in the past but could never take advantage of it. 

We also couldn't care less about which ports they stop at.

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We also couldn't care less about which ports they stop at.

Second time around we didn't care too much either. Each port was a simple walk off and just see sights on our own except for Limon where we went on a tour that two of our dinner-mates from the previous leg had taken. They were so happy with it we went and were happy as well.