Freedom denied Cococay

psternklar

21 hours ago, jstuartys said:

I am on the Mariner now. We are supposed to have coco cay tomorrow. There hasn’t been any mention of issues at all for us. Here’s hoping we are clear. 

Update on if you were able to get off in Coco Cay this morning? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, coldflame said:

This is odd. If you cancel due to health concerns or protocols, they will refund the whole amount minus 25% (if you used 125% FCC deal from last year), regardless of refundable status.

I did not get a refund, and I called twice.  Not sure if it was because we were in a suite, but we had a $250.00/pp FCD from our last sailing in March '20, and when I booked Anthem for 2023, I wanted to use that certificate after canceling an Oct 2020 sailing.  Since it was going to take several weeks for the certificate to be available, I put another $900 down to secure the room.  Now they have $1400 of our money, and would issue certificates only, no refund, period.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Diveloonie said:

Newbie poster here……what is a lift & shift??

During covid when cruises were not running they allowed people to take a booked cruise and move it a year later, plus or minus I think usually 3 weeks. 

It's not being offered now except in rare cases.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rich_cathybrock said:

I did not get a refund, and I called twice.  Not sure if it was because we were in a suite, but we had a $250.00/pp FCD from our last sailing in March '20, and when I booked Anthem for 2023, I wanted to use that certificate after canceling an Oct 2020 sailing.  Since it was going to take several weeks for the certificate to be available, I put another $900 down to secure the room.  Now they have $1400 of our money, and would issue certificates only, no refund, period.

Did you call and specifically tell them you were going to have problems with health and testing protocols? If you tell them anything else, they will treat it as CWC, which only entitles you to credit.

• Like 1

I was on this sailing and yes, we were denied exiting the ship by the Bahamian officials until around 130. They added an hour or so to the time to get back on board but I know it was last call at 445 at the pool bar. The captain said because it started to get dark at 530, people needed to head back.  Since we had never been, it was great to see and we had a fun time but it was brief. Also, my wife had already been in the sun for a few hours on the pool deck (thinking we wouldn’t be allowed on the island at all) so didn’t feel like going once the announcement was made.   In addition to the shortened time, the main restaurants didn’t open since it was past lunch.  The snack shacks did open (at least the one at Chill beach did).  We didn’t have any excursions booked, so didn’t receive any kind of compensation, but my understanding is people who did got 50% back and probably could have cancelled altogether. 

at the end of the day though I don’t think this was directly about COVID, but was something to do with the process for getting clearance.  Maybe the person who handles this for the Bahamas was out for the day? Or new?  We only heard of one person who had been quarantined on the sailing. I’m sure there may have been more but think it was pretty low especially compared to the longer sailings. All in all this wasn’t ideal, but we still had a great cruise. 

• Thanks 5