Freedom denied Cococay

psternklar

Idk if this is carnival specific but port of belize is doing a temp check to reboard the ship at the tender area.

My jan 30th liberty was finally changed to Belize.. I'll stay onboard perhaps and not take a chance. If I'm in the sun I turn run. Fair irish skin. No huge loss worth taking a chance. I dont think they could find other open ports. 

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Shoot yeah, do longer 10-13+ niters with half sailing being Sea Days. Always from my Corner/Aft Cabin have no issue doing a Cruise with all Sea Days!

Did one transatlantic; had three cancelled, and plan to do one next summer.  Fantastic! The best part was not feeling the need to eat ALL the food, since there would be time to try everything.  I really enjoyed it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk if this is carnival specific but port of belize is doing a temp check to reboard the ship at the tender area.

My jan 30th liberty was finally changed to Belize.. I'll stay onboard perhaps and not take a chance. If I'm in the sun I turn run. Fair irish skin. No huge loss worth taking a chance. I dont think they could find other open ports. 

Well that’s kinda silly as you could just have a cold/flu.   🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BSocial said:

Cunard CC thread reports this happened  to QM2 this week, after picking up passengers in NY for Carribean portion of the current voyage.     

A few days ago, Captain notified passengers they were stopping cruise due to lack of “essential Officers” , and ship will stay near Barbados for “essential crew” to arrive, to be able to sail back to England.    Poster on board indicated they heard Bridge Officers were positive.  

The thread has letter posted by a passenger discussing logistics of passengers and luggage for further travels home. 

QM2 was scheduled to return to New York to let off passengers and from there sail back to England.  They are skipping New York and returning directly back to England.  Some on the Cunard board aren't very happy. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/30/business/queen-mary-2-cruise-covid/index.html

• Like 1

Is seems all the cruise lines private islands are not allowing disembarkation. The islands are owned by the Bahamian govt and are leased to the cruise lines. The workers are Bahamian citizens, who live on the main island, so they don’t want more cases on their island. Makes sense. So, on the Harmony of the Seas Eastern cruise, no St, Thomas,  no St. Marteen and no CoCo Cay. This is a game changer. I like to stay on the ship, but not able to get off for 7 days, don’t know.

6 hours ago, joge107 said:

RCL would not allow us to reschedule.  Was going on Anthem for NYE.  Gave us full refund except for NRD which will be FCC.  Some people on same cruise were allowed to reschedule.  I assume my deal was too advantages for us .

This is odd. If you cancel due to health concerns or protocols, they will refund the whole amount minus 25% (if you used 125% FCC deal from last year), regardless of refundable status.

4 minutes ago, Painter4me said:

Is seems all the cruise lines private islands are not allowing disembarkation. The islands are owned by the Bahamian govt and are leased to the cruise lines. The workers are Bahamian citizens, who live on the main island, so they don’t want more cases on their island. Makes sense. So, on the Harmony of the Seas Eastern cruise, no St, Thomas,  no St. Marteen and no CoCo Cay. This is a game changer. I like to stay on the ship, but not able to get off for 7 days, don’t know.

Cococay has buildings on the island for their workers to live in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BSocial said:

Cunard CC thread reports this happened  to QM2 this week, after picking up passengers in NY for Carribean portion of the current voyage.     

A few days ago, Captain notified passengers they were stopping cruise due to lack of “essential Officers” , and ship will stay near Barbados for “essential crew” to arrive, to be able to sail back to England.    Poster on board indicated they heard Bridge Officers were positive.  

The thread has letter posted by a passenger discussing logistics of passengers and luggage for further travels home. 

I wonder if @ace2542 is onboard?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, coldflame said:

This is odd. If you cancel due to health concerns or protocols, they will refund the whole amount minus 25% (if you used 125% FCC deal from last year), regardless of refundable status.

Is this true? We are booked for 1/8 on Symphony and have been very concerned with the new variant, increased cases & overall response over the last couple of weeks. Several people in the traveling party are higher risk for complications. Was wondering if there was any way we could get a refund instead of FCC. 

37 minutes ago, noelbean21 said:

Is this true? We are booked for 1/8 on Symphony and have been very concerned with the new variant, increased cases & overall response over the last couple of weeks. Several people in the traveling party are higher risk for complications. Was wondering if there was any way we could get a refund instead of FCC. 

If you call and request a full refund due to changes in the health protocols, they will process it for you. They will say if you want FCC, you say, no I wish a full refund. They have stated in several ocassions they will issue a full refund if you're sick before traveling or if you do not or cannot comply with testing and health protocols.

• Like 2

I expect that if the Bahamas testing policy applies to Coco Cay you will see RCL reverse some routes to put that stop at the front of a cruise instead of at the end, or reroute the other port stops so Coco Cay stops fit with the policy.

30 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I expect that if the Bahamas testing policy applies to Coco Cay you will see RCL reverse some routes to put that stop at the front of a cruise instead of at the end, or reroute the other port stops so Coco Cay stops fit with the policy.

Will the Bahamas accept antigen tests?  A PCR requirement would complicate things.  Sorry, can’t remember which port specified PCR, they are all running together in my mind.

4 minutes ago, silvil said:

Has anyone heard of cancelled stops at Nassau? On the Odyssey & scheduled for Nassau tomorrow. Nassau is not a prize port for me (been too many times to count) but we'd welcome a non-sea day atp.

There are two ships (Celebrity and Crystal) docked there right now, with a Carnival ship coming into the harbor