Enchantment

riviera

Papajak,  Your voyage will begin with the ship turning around near the dock, which will take about half an hour.  Then, once you are on your way, the first bridge will be around 45 minutes away.  Awesome to see if you are dressed for the weather!  We always stand on top open deck, below Viking Crown Lounge, for the best view.  We've done it many times, and it still feels like the ship is going to collide with the bridge.   Very cool.

• Like 5

Hope you are having fun in St. Maarten!

Could you please tell me which night was your first formal night? I am trying to figure out when to book speciality restaurants for me February cruise.

We just got off on Saturday. My DD and I got COVID on board (or at port) because I got sick the last day. I didnt know it was covid because i have an auto immune thing that flares up and makes me feel like crap also. Luckily i stayed in the room because my dd tested positive the day we got home. 

We had aa blast and booked another one in May!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, bouy said:

I don’t have a clue where we are I think between island as I can see land from the pool deck 

the windjammer isn’t open for dinner and they close at 3:30 only options for dinner are the main dining room and chops . I’m in a JS yes when you arrive don’t go around the corner go straight to the entrance there is a special spot for you to go thru but don’t let except anything disembarking they sent a questionnaire out on the second day asking about when we wanted to leave the ship went to ask at the front desk about being in a suite and a diamond member and was told that because of Covid they don’t offer anything and my best bet would be to do-the walk off fingers crossed we get to the next port according to a post we should cause that’s where there’s a ship there for the ship crew members to get off and  quarantine 🤞

Had a wonderful day in St Maarten today there are 5 cruise ships in port today although it doesn’t seem that busy . Went to Kim Sha beach nice beach and very good lunch  Ran into some people from   Anthem  Of the seas and they had missed a couple of stops San Juan and St Kitts  I think they said they had 2% Covid on their ship . Our next port is St John, Hopefully with the sick crew off the ship ( I think ) we should be ok going forward 🤞

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

We just got off on Saturday. My DD and I got COVID on board (or at port) because I got sick the last day. I didnt know it was covid because i have an auto immune thing that flares up and makes me feel like crap also. Luckily i stayed in the room because my dd tested positive the day we got home. 

Sorry to hear that I hope your both doing better 

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2022 at 1:58 PM, DevonfromAcme said:

In the meantime, it’s 29 degrees at home, and I’m sitting on a breezy pool deck in the sun with a fabulous glass of Chenin Blanc in my hand.

It's not nice to gloat!  (But I can't wait to do it next month!)  😁

• Like 2

On 1/16/2022 at 11:04 AM, Lady Hudson said:

How is it going Enchantment sailors?  Hope all is well.  Katherine 

All continues to be well!

After the only hiccup missing St. Croix as our first port, everything has been smooth sailing.  We made all of our other ports, and the islands are gorgeous.  

904 on board, and it feels like a private charter. 

Windjammer is closed for dinner, but all other venues have been open. Weather is glorious, and the staff are falling all over themselves to get you whatever you need (probably out of sheer boredom). 

I couldn’t recommend cruising more right about now. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

CarolRoy,  I know this doesn't answer your water question directly, but we find that we prefer ship water (WJ, MDR, cabin tap) to bottled water.  It's pure, and delicious.

We each pack a wide-mouth water bottle to carry when we go ashore.  On board, we drink our water from glasses.

1 hour ago, CarolRoy said:

We are Diamond. Wondering what kind of water we can get with our status. Is the water in a can? How many ounces are in the can?  We will be on the Enchantment end of March from Baltimore.

From everything I've seen, including youtube videos of recent cruises on different ships, the water is in cans.  They appear to be 12 oz soda sized cans.  My understanding is bottles are basically gone although we had them in Nov/Dec on Harmony.  We'll be on EN in April and plan to bring a refillable aluminum water bottle so we can keep it in the fridge (cooler) after it's opened.  That was one of the best thing about the plastic bottles.  We would open one, drink some, put the lid back on and then back in the "fridge".

On 1/13/2022 at 11:58 AM, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

Feel better soon!

• Thanks 1