What are the quarantine decks on each ship?

phoenix_dream

When I was on Apex, they were keeping Deck 6 open for quarantining oncoming crew for 2 weeks.  I am not sure what they planned for positive cases (we only had one that I know of).

I have read some posts from people on an M class ship (not sure which) who were put in quarantine in an outside cabin on Deck 3.  There is a current thread of an Equinox passenger quarantined on Deck 6.

As I have an upcoming B2B sailing on Connie on Deck 6, I am wondering if anyone knows what deck they have pre-arranged on that ship?  After a long-awaited cruise that was booked a couple years ago and then lifted and shifted to this January, I really, really don't want to be moved out of my wonderful Sky Suite which I usually can't afford but caught a great deal when the Tampa sailings just launched.  And if I am unlucky enough to catch the virus I really, really don't want to spend days stuck in a small ocean view cabin on Deck 3, without even a balcony with some fresh air.

Not looking for speculation here - that would be against posting rules anyway - looking for feedback from people recently or currently sailing who actually know the answers.  

Also, wondering if they keep these decks empty pre-sailing, or if they move people out of their cabins on quarantined decks mid-cruise if needed?  I understand if I get sick I would be moved; I'm talking about non-affected people maybe being moved to clear some space?  I know people have had their cabins changed pre-sailing.  Wondering if this is happening mid-sailing?  I understand if a major outbreak occurs all bets are off, but wondering how these smaller outbreaks are being handled.

34 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Call Celebrity.

Things could change in minutes. 

Stay Safe! 

I would do that, but #1 it would take me hours to get through and #2 it is highly unlikely their service reps would have a clue.  So hoping someone on CC would know,.

I seriously doubt that anywhere Deck 6 aft is a quarantine area on an M-class ship since it's all suites from before the elevators all the way back.  On an S-class, where Parkerson is posting from, on Deck 6 there are only two suites in the aft corners.  

Edited by goofysmom99

2 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The location is subject to change.  Wondering why it matters since if you are have no choice as to where you are isolated.   

It matters because I am sailing in two weeks in a Sky Suite on 6 and don't want to be notified last minute that I am being moved to a balcony cabin so they can quarantine on deck 6. If they are using deck 6 on Connie I would cancel and change to a later sailing 

4 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

It matters because I am sailing in two weeks in a Sky Suite on 6 and don't want to be notified last minute that I am being moved to a balcony cabin so they can quarantine on deck 6. If they are using deck 6 on Connie I would cancel and change to a later sailing 

Maybe you need to post and ask if there is anyone sailing on Connie?  Omicron can find you anywhere, but I certainly understand your concern, as I would want to know the same.  Calling Celebrity is sometimes like diving into a deep, dark hole.

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

Ask Ken while you can.

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

There are about 80  balcony cabins forward of the elevators on Deck 6 that could be used for quarantine and it woud be easy to close off access from the elevator lobby on Deck 6.   If they did use Deck 6 it should not impact those in suites aft of the mid ship elevators.

Edited by jelayne

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Ask Ken while you can.

It appears on the Constellation to be deck 7 forward. On the port side the last “passenger” cabin is 7084 and 7026 on the starboard side.

As of last count we have 3 positive cases with a total of 9 passengers and crew in quarantine. 

Port side closed corridor door. 

DFE6439E-0509-4234-B603-AF0AD7F74B00.thumb.jpeg.5f39f98ad293cb3ee8efe4c33ae4015a.jpeg

Starboard side closed corridor side with a sign saying “Please Use Port Side Corridor”. 

600DD823-11B9-40E5-B9D6-A17901E28EB3.thumb.jpeg.1e0608f7282f076003200198db81da39.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser

57 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It appears on the Constellation to be deck 7 forward. On the port side the last “passenger” cabin is 7084 and 7026 on the starboard side.

As of last count we have 3 positive cases with a total of 9 passengers and crew in quarantine. 

Port side closed corridor door. 

DFE6439E-0509-4234-B603-AF0AD7F74B00.thumb.jpeg.5f39f98ad293cb3ee8efe4c33ae4015a.jpeg

Starboard side closed corridor side with a sign saying “Please Use Port Side Corridor”. 

600DD823-11B9-40E5-B9D6-A17901E28EB3.thumb.jpeg.1e0608f7282f076003200198db81da39.jpeg

Thank you for the info!  Relieved to hear unless things get worse our cabin on 6 should be ok.  Wondering how you are finding the condition of the ship?  Someone on another thread had a terrible experience and basically said their room was very rundown.  They also had mechanical and water issues.  I know she hasn't been revolutionized yet so setting my expectations accordingly, but they made it sound like a rundown pit.  I've never sailed a Celebrity ship that wasn't in good if not great condition so hoping that will be the case.

5 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I understand...we have a deck 6 cabin near the midship elevators... for a reason... we can easily park a scooter outside the cabin without impacting the width of the hallway and bed is by the window and in a pinch DH can navigate one flight of stairs.. slowly..but he can do it. So I am not crazy about being moved at the last minute to some less accommodating location

45 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Thank you for the info!  Relieved to hear unless things get worse our cabin on 6 should be ok.  Wondering how you are finding the condition of the ship?  Someone on another thread had a terrible experience and basically said their room was very rundown.  They also had mechanical and water issues. 

Water issues were solved during the 11/7/21 cruise.  It was the first out of restart.

Public spaces and all of the cabins we saw, including our own, were in great shape with all new soft goods (carpet, drapes, upholstery, etc) and looking very spiffy.  We did hear here from someone whose AQ cabin evidently didn't get a refresh, but that was the only one we heard about.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

It seems you probably received an answer from Ken already, but to give you more assurance, keep in mind in addition to most all Sky suites, all Royal and Penthouse suites are on deck 6.  There is no way Celebrity would shut that deck down and move all those Retreat guests into veranda rooms on different decks.  Relax and good luck!

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Thank you for the info!  Relieved to hear unless things get worse our cabin on 6 should be ok.  Wondering how you are finding the condition of the ship?  Someone on another thread had a terrible experience and basically said their room was very rundown.  They also had mechanical and water issues.  I know she hasn't been revolutionized yet so setting my expectations accordingly, but they made it sound like a rundown pit.  I've never sailed a Celebrity ship that wasn't in good if not great condition so hoping that will be the case.

I’ve had a thread going for almost 3 weeks now. You may want to check it out. But, for us, we’ve had a great time with no real complaints to speak of. In fact I just posted to it about 10 minutes ago, so it should be close to the top. 😎