Sirena Veranda or PH

Shawski

Looking at booking a cruise later this year on Sirena. I’m wondering if it’s worth upgrading to a PH to get more room.  Is the bathroom in a PH substantially larger?  How about closet space?

Is there a problem with noise in the PH from Deck 9?

Thanks for your help. 

To me "Worth It" depends on a lot of factors. Bottom line, if money is no object then it's always worth it. If a budget or thriftiness is a factor then it's a personal decision. Having been in both(PH & Veranda), I'm ok with a regular veranda or the larger Oceanview on the R ships. But money in not an unlimited thing in my bank acct. As has been stated, the bathroom is small, if you can deal with that then there is no real problem. As always though, you get what you pay for. 

Edited by ORV
  • Like 1

To me it comes down to the bathroom.  The upgraded PH shower is so much better that the regular room.  It's a factor for us on longer voyages.  We were going to be on Sirena on the October TA before it was cancelled.  We booked a PH due to the length of voyage and number of sea days.

• Like 2

I can't speak from experience.  But.  We are booked on Sirena for 5 weeks this fall, and I've seen enough of the Sirena verandah bathrooms on youtube to know I would not be able to cope with the shower.  So PH it is.  

Some folks deal with the shower issue by showering in the spa instead of in their room.  And that works great for them.

1 hour ago, Kate-AHF said:

I can't speak from experience.  But.  We are booked on Sirena for 5 weeks this fall, and I've seen enough of the Sirena verandah bathrooms on youtube to know I would not be able to cope with the shower.  So PH it is.  

Some folks deal with the shower issue by showering in the spa instead of in their room.  And that works great for them.

When traveling with children on RCCL back in the day I always used the spa shower.  It's not a bad alternative if you don't mind shlepping dinner clothes and toiletries up there.  Plus a sauna before dinner is always a plus.

I’ll add my two cents worth as someone who has sailed on every Oceania ship. On the R class ships like Serena the extra bathroom elbow space and extra cabin elbow space of a Penthouse cabin makes a significant difference in comfort. Yes,  a bit more expense but worth it on all but the shortest cruises.

• Like 2

I have to agree with HiFi43 and some of the others.  The veranda cabins are fine, but the PHs give you a bit more space in the cabin area, and a little more in the bathroom.  If the cost is not a factor, then the extra cabin space was, to us, worth it, particularly on a longer cruise.  If you get to the point where you are going on one of the O ships, then the PH is really worth the extra expense, both for the extra cabin space, but the closet space alone is worth the extra cost!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

Hi Kate, I've looked at the YouTube videos too.  We have a long Sirena cruise this fall - wondering where does one store their luggage?

That is an easy one for all the O ships, Under the Bed. We put any unnecessary clothes or bags or… and then put the carry on suitcase inside the Large bag and slip them under the bed.  If it seems unable to slide under, just lift the bed frame an inch or two and it will slide in and fit under the bed.  If that will not work for you, just ask your room steward if he/she can store them for you. 
mauibabes

• Like 4

I have to say that I found the shower in our Veranda suite completely unacceptable and I’m only 5’2”. No joke - when I dropped the bar of soap, my knee opened the shower door as I bent down. Also, there was only about a 14” space between the foot of the bed and the wall in the bedroom area. We had sailed on both the Mariner and Riviera and were very surprised at how much smaller the same category was on Sirena. I would never choose that category again. Also, the bow of the ship where we were located (deck 6) had lots of engine noise any time we were docking or turning.  Not fun.

4 hours ago, bbwex said:

I have to agree with HiFi43 and some of the others.  The veranda cabins are fine, but the PHs give you a bit more space in the cabin area, and a little more in the bathroom.  If the cost is not a factor, then the extra cabin space was, to us, worth it, particularly on a longer cruise.  If you get to the point where you are going on one of the O ships, then the PH is really worth the extra expense, both for the extra cabin space, but the closet space alone is worth the extra cost!

Oh, the closet in an O PH!  Heaven.  We get the PH on Marina and Riviera for that alone.

Thanks to everyone for your helpful replies. I think we will book the PH. My only concern now is possible noise from the pool deck above. Does anyone have any experience with that?  It looks like if I stay pretty far forward it wouldn’t be a problem but right now I’m not sure about the availability of cabins. 

40 minutes ago, Shawski said:

Thanks to everyone for your helpful replies. I think we will book the PH. My only concern now is possible noise from the pool deck above. Does anyone have any experience with that?  It looks like if I stay pretty far forward it wouldn’t be a problem but right now I’m not sure about the availability of cabins. 

On the  Azamara  forum there is  a stickie  with info on cabins /locations you may find it helpful

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1739068-azamara-cabins-thread/

3 hours ago, Shawski said:

I don’t have experience YET, but we are in 8000 end of March and booked that far forward and in an even number cabin to reduce noise from pool deck and on the other side, the gym. People have commented that bridge door noise might be an issue, but others have said no issues. If you are sailing after then I will happily give feedback. 

Just an fyi, the balcony/verandah  staterooms  are 216 on the R’s and 284 sq ft on the O’s and a PH is 50% larger so if you have space concerns and can pay the tariff, the PH can be well worth it. If you do get a PH, after a few days you will decide it is a perfect size.  Then go visit a friend in a Verandah room and it is a bit more compact and then go back to your room and you will fully understand you made a great choice. 
Mauibabes

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, elifa said:

On Sirena from April 19 to May 6 currently have a verandah room. Any chance of a free upgrade?

They'll probably upgrade you to an Owner's Suite, but your odds would be better if you had booked an inside. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2