3 cabins and 4 teenagers-they have a better room than I do!

kateg

I booked a cruise for June and my husband and I are bringing my 2 kids and a friend for each.  We booked three cabins in a row.  My husband and I in one cabin.  Two 19-year-old's in one cabin and 2 18-year-old's in the 3rd.  RCI is making my husband and I be in the middle cabin.  Which was fine.  But as we were finishing the reservation the agent points out that the room we are in (the middle room of 3) doesn't have a window for some reason.  Now my kids have "good rooms" and my husband and I are stuck in a windowless room.  I want to switch cabins with the kids but that would mean one cabin of kids is not directly next to us.  This was mentioned as I was paying....and the agent didn't seem to want to start the process over as his computer was acting up.  I wonder if we can switch rooms once we arrive.  We would be keeping the youngest kids (18) next to us.  Anyone ever dealt with this and was guest services able to help or are we stuck-unless we rebook at a higher price.

6 minutes ago, kateg said:

I booked a cruise for June and my husband and I are bringing my 2 kids and a friend for each.  We booked three cabins in a row.  My husband and I in one cabin.  Two 19-year-old's in one cabin and 2 18-year-old's in the 3rd.  RCI is making my husband and I be in the middle cabin.  Which was fine.  But as we were finishing the reservation the agent points out that the room we are in (the middle room of 3) doesn't have a window for some reason.  Now my kids have "good rooms" and my husband and I are stuck in a windowless room.  I want to switch cabins with the kids but that would mean one cabin of kids is not directly next to us.  This was mentioned as I was paying....and the agent didn't seem to want to start the process over as his computer was acting up.  I wonder if we can switch rooms once we arrive.  We would be keeping the youngest kids (18) next to us.  Anyone ever dealt with this and was guest services able to help or are we stuck-unless we rebook at a higher price.

I would love to know the ship and cabin numbers.  I am having trouble picturing  an OV in between two balcony cabins.

• Like 5

We have taken along our DS and his family.  We booked a balcony for myself and DS and booked an interior for DW, DIL and DGD.  Once on board we went to guest services and moved DW to balcony room and DS to interior.  No problem as they simply switched the two and redid their sea pass.  Simply exchanging sea pass will not work since it has the holder's name on it.  RCCL has their rules and trying to negotiate with the head office is a futile effort.  Check in according to the reservation and then once on board go to guest services to move pax around.   

Yes, you could swap cabins on the ship; get “extra cards” at guest services and sleep where you wish.  As long as the young people behave appropriately, I would not expect any issue.

Still, I would make a change now.  If you do not want redo all the reservations, just swap a couple names.  On paper one parent and one 18 year old in cabin one, one parent and one 18 year old in cabin two, and leave the 19 year olds in cabin 3.  That way only two of you need “extra keys” when you board (though you could ask for an extra key for the 19 year old cabin if you want it).

• Like 1

Put one adult and one 18 yo on each end, 19 yo in the middle in the interior cabin.

On board go to GS and get extra key cards so you can sleep where you want.  

This approach also allows just one of you to buy the deluxe drink package, if so inclined, while the other adult does not.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Merion Mom-they aren't outside view. They are the Central Park View.  And I can't figure it out either.  We had these rooms about 4 years ago.  Loved them then.  Had no idea some didn't have a window.  

On 1/3/2022 at 12:28 PM, TiiiSailor said:

Also time to get a different travel agent.  Their computer problem is not your problem.  Not very professional of the agent.

It was RCI direct.  And I need to be more assertive. 

• Like 2

On 1/3/2022 at 11:03 AM, JuliaMS said:

I have traveled in the same situation with Theo high schooers and their two friends. We were allowed to have them across the hall. Us in a balcony and them in two inside across the hall. 

I really wish I had done that.  I always heard it was possible but this agent said they had to be right next to us.

11 hours ago, kateg said:

I really wish I had done that.  I always heard it was possible but this agent said they had to be right next to us.

As you booked direct, you can call Royal Caribbean when you wish to make changes.  If these are CP view cabins, there likely are balcony cabins across the hall; you may be able to switch one of the end view cabins to a balcony across the hall from one of the other original cabins.  Or find a new set of three.  And, even if young people are officially in the balcony cabins on paper reservation, you can sleep there on the ship; there will be no bed checks.  Good luck.

Edited by Starry Eyes

11 hours ago, kateg said:

I just booked bringing my son and his friend was told they had to be next door or across the hall from me.