LIVE for the Horizon… just kidding the Liberty 1-8-21

MeganGC1983

LET’S GO CRUISING… 

I’m EXCITED to announce, all things pending… that we are headed out on the beautiful Carnival Liberty THIS SATURDAY! Join me here for all of the pre-cruise shenanigans, cocktails, food, and of course beach time, as we sail from Miami on an 8 day adventure to (knock on wood) the ABCs. 

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

LET’S GO CRUISING… 

I’m EXCITED to announce, all things pending… that we are headed out on the beautiful Carnival Liberty THIS SATURDAY! Join me here for all of the pre-cruise shenanigans, cocktails, food, and of course beach time, as we sail from Miami on an 8 day adventure to (knock on wood) the ABCs. 

Wait, who are you again 😳 

😝

JK!  Literally, and I mean Literally, on board for this review! 

Let the reindeer games begin! 🍻👍🛳

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This cruise was booked when we returned from our November Mardi Gras sailing, and even in those short 6 weeks so much has happened. As many of you know, the Horizon decided to she needed a break. She is currently in dry dock in Italy. So the cove we booked was changed to a regular balcony on 6. We are situated below the fun shops, which I think will be fine. The change over went flawlessly for us right before Christmas. Several in the roll call, had more issues especially with Havana and spa cabins. But we will take the $200 OBC (given by Carnival for the change) and cruise on. 
Another cruising issue to pop up has been Omicron. Several people in my non-household family have tested positively in the last 2 weeks. I’ve tested negatively 4 times in the last 2 weeks, including one this morning. Only one more test to go. The BIG one on Thursday. Appointments made at the local Walgreens offering rapids, as well as one in the town over… just in case our closer Walgreens runs out. If our closer Walgreens goes well, I’ll cancel the other so others can get those tests in this crucial time. 

C3C281FB-15FE-43E5-A662-3A48D4E1583C.jpeg

5FFF864D-7768-4058-A08D-BB1F9C942F6F.jpeg

• Like 6

We fly out Friday from Dallas. I’m usually a Southwest flyer. Big fan of the 2 free bags as I’m an over packer, but this trip, I just could NOT get the Southwest itinerary to work for us. Looking around, I found direct flights to MIA from Spirit that made sense. After picking @Saint Gregs brain about all things Spirit, I reluctantly booked with them. I purchased BOOST tickets, meaning it included a personal item, a suitcase up to 50 lbs and seat selection. I guess souvenirs will stay in the ABCs because 1 suitcase under 50 will be pushing it. 😆 Gotta take all the cruising essentials that 2022 calls for including extra meds, masks, and liquid IV….table clothes and pillow chocolates, none issues in 2022. 😉
Pre-cruise stay will be at Nuvo Suites. This hotel has great reviews and was “reasonably” priced for the area… $217 with taxes and fees. Most of our transportation is with Lyft or Uber. 

3BB929E9-2C3E-4B99-9463-268A30C7A887.jpeg

• Like 2

Am I packed? No

Are my kids packed to stay at Meme’s? No

Are Christmas decorations still out and all over my house? Yes 

Have I watched entirely too much football and eaten everything for the past 2 weeks? Yes. 

I gotta get my life together. 

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 6
  • Haha 6

I'm cruising with you! We are coming from NW FL, but family cruising with us are flying in from Dallas on Friday (live south of Dallas). I don't know what line they are on though.

We also were in cove balconies moved to deck 6. Hoping it's not a cruise to nowhere but we have cheers included on a promo so we will make the best of it no matter what happens.

Edited by Denise72
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Denise72 said:

I'm cruising with you! We are coming from NW FL, but family cruising with us are flying in from Dallas on Friday (live south of Dallas). I don't know what line they are on though.

We also were in cove balconies moved to deck 6. Hoping it's not a cruise to nowhere but we have cheers included on a promo so we will make the best of it no matter what happens.

All right! Cheers! for everyone. Let’s do this! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chasinraynbowz said:

I am looking forward to reading!  I cancelled this trip last week and it broke my heart to do so.  

Bon voyage!!!

Oh I’m sorry! Hope you got to reschedule. I shall have a cocktail in your honor. 

• Like 2