LIVE for the Horizon… just kidding the Liberty 1-8-21

MeganGC1983

44 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

We haven't had alcohol since 1/2, dry January (first two days don't count, they weren't Mondays).  Never knew it was a thing.  lol  We'll see if we can hold out until the Super Bowl.  😲

Good luck. I’m gonna try to make it again til NFC championship game. I’ll have to schedule some practice before our hopeful April sailing. 😉

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
On 1/19/2022 at 11:35 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

Final thoughts:  

Did we miss that it wasn’t the Horizon? Yes! Did we cruise on? Yes! In these days of Covid, y’all gotta roll with it. I’m so glad we did. 

Just don't give up on her, She is quite a few tons of FUN !

PXL_20211025_182456242.thumb.jpg.f290d3a549140e0313873215ceeb076a.jpg

Edited by BasicSailor

30 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Can you squeeze in 4/18 on the Liberty before or after your B2B. Turn it into a S2B2B 

Have to look at it and see if we can make the date work. We are already planning on taking  a month off of work. Would love to sail on the Liberty again. You making the trip just for the four day cruise?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Have to look at it and see if we can make the date work. We are already planning on taking  a month off of work. Would love to sail on the Liberty again. You making the trip just for the four day cruise?

Yeah without the kids, it’s easier to do a short one right now. #TheStruggle 

Hope you can work it out. Would love to sail with you. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Yeah without the kids, it’s easier to do a short one right now. #TheStruggle 

Hope you can work it out. Would love to sail with you. 

Hey Megan! took a look at this cruise,  and because we would have to travel during Easter weekend,  we wouldn't be able to make it work. I'm sure we'll be able to sail together sometime in the future. What are your plans the day you get off the Liberty? We can make ourselves available for dinner/ drinks if you're hanging around afterwards. 😎

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey Megan! took a look at this cruise,  and because we would have to travel during Easter weekend,  we wouldn't be able to make it work. I'm sure we'll be able to sail together sometime in the future. What are your plans the day you get off the Liberty? We can make ourselves available for dinner/ drinks if you're hanging around afterwards. 😎

When I solidify travel plans, I’ll let you know. That would be great! 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 7:54 PM, Jamman54 said:

Wise words prevailed. You made me really think about making the trip just for a 4 day cruise, so it’s looking like it will be a B2B on the Liberty. 😆🤦🏼‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Wise words prevailed. You made me really think about making the trip just for a 4 day cruise, so it’s looking like it will be a B2B on the Liberty. 😆🤦🏼‍♀️

That a girl! 😁😁😁

Edited by Jamman54
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

What about a S2S with the Mardi Gras? 😁

@Jamman54 I've been meaning to reach out to you- have you and Patty ever done a Transatlantic sailing? We just booked the Jubilee's TA out of Southampton UK and I know NOTHING about them... kind of freaking out that we spent that much money and we don't know what we don't know! I'd love to reach out to you for questions, if you have any experience with that!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

@Jamman54 I've been meaning to reach out to you- have you and Patty ever done a Transatlantic sailing? We just booked the Jubilee's TA out of Southampton UK and I know NOTHING about them... kind of freaking out that we spent that much money and we don't know what we don't know! I'd love to reach out to you for questions, if you have any experience with that!

Not yet. We are looking to do one in 2024 to celebrate our 30th anniversary and my 70th birthday. I will be looking to glean information from your experiences. 😁 Sorry for the hijack Megan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

What about a S2S with the Mardi Gras? 😁

I’m definitely looking. I’ll see if the dates can line up. More than 10 days would be a blast but also hard with softball, baseball and recital rehearsal season. 😆

Edited by MeganGC1983

You know that guest advisory we all got from Carnival regarding a 25% future cruise credit.  It was given because of the change in Ships from the Horizon to the Liberty.  It's like Carnival knows nothing about it.  I already had a cruise booked for 2023 and am trying to see if this credit applies.  I have been on line with them for a couple of hours and have got no where.  They say to keep calling them back.  I even sent them a copy of their letter.  They agree some thing should be done but they don't know how to do it.  

Oh well, their letter said the offer was good until February 28, 2023.  Now I know why.

47 minutes ago, richfret said:

You know that guest advisory we all got from Carnival regarding a 25% future cruise credit.  It was given because of the change in Ships from the Horizon to the Liberty.  It's like Carnival knows nothing about it.  I already had a cruise booked for 2023 and am trying to see if this credit applies.  I have been on line with them for a couple of hours and have got no where.  They say to keep calling them back.  I even sent them a copy of their letter.  They agree some thing should be done but they don't know how to do it.  

Oh well, their letter said the offer was good until February 28, 2023.  Now I know why.

I used it to book this. Of course, I’m a TA so I call a different support line. Sorry you are having such a rough time.