LIVE for the Horizon… just kidding the Liberty 1-8-21

MeganGC1983

5 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

Loved following along, Megan.  Thank you for sharing your cruise with us.  Have a safe trip home.  Did your daughter’s apron ever arrive?

Ended up taking “snow days” for Covid so they weren’t in school for almost a week. The mail hold says it’s there. We shall see. 😆🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

I ordered it last month on the Mardi Gras.  Most disappointing meal I had the entire cruise.  I've had Wagyu... what I was served wasn't anything like it.

We were told by several people it was very lean… and that was confusing because it’s not suppose to be. 

14 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Spirit is in the basement of MIA. But still pretty quick. Headed to security now. 

That’s great if you can fly spirit to Miami. A couple years ago when I tried to book it you only book spirit to Fort Lauderdale.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sallywallygal said:

How do you find out how many people are onboard?  

I heard the cruise director say it. 
I saw that different employees gave differ numbers. I just wrote what I heard Dustin say. 

also, this sailing raised $7200 for St Jude. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, balcony bound said:

Not sure why I couldn’t reply in the correct post - but here is the Wagyu I was served.  That is the entire portion as well.

FA53FD0F-0DF6-4B56-AE81-F881B3DC155D.jpeg

Thanks for posting.  Wagyu should be way more marbled than that.  That looks like a sirloin.  I'm sure it is technically Wagyu beef, but not a cut or quality I want for my first Wagyu.  I think I'll just skip a house payment and order real Japanese Wagyu when I go to Japan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bhamtigah said:

Thanks for posting.  Wagyu should be way more marbled than that.  That looks like a sirloin.  I'm sure it is technically Wagyu beef, but not a cut or quality I want for my first Wagyu.  I think I'll just skip a house payment and order real Japanese Wagyu when I go to Japan.

This is shown on the menu as "Australian Wagyu" - so definitely not even similar.

My very first wagyu was in Japan.  I'll never forget it.

You can order Wagyu "reasonably" from a few online sources.  I have gotten it from wildforkfoods in the past $129/pound.  They are now delivering some items outside of Florida.  I'm sure there are other places to order from.

• Like 1

We ended up getting $250 OBC instead of the original $200. I think maybe they treated “cove balcony” guests as spa and Havana category and gave additional OBC. Not sure. That is very nice of carnival. So many complain, but really, without the Horizon, it was still an amazing trip. No big gripes. Super awesome people met. We got to all 3 beautiful ports and we were spoiled for 8 nights. 
I tried to get Teo in my suitcase but he wasn’t having it. Some random white chick yelling Salamat and no rice, no power at him… he’s better than that. 😆😆😆

18F12DBD-E49A-44E9-B8D4-BB59473B5FA7.jpeg

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, bhamtigah said:

YES! When we were told by several people that it was very lean… we decided to steer clear. 😆

2 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

This is shown on the menu as "Australian Wagyu" - so definitely not even similar.

My very first wagyu was in Japan.  I'll never forget it.

You can order Wagyu "reasonably" from a few online sources.  I have gotten it from wildforkfoods in the past $129/pound.  They are now delivering some items outside of Florida.  I'm sure there are other places to order from.

7 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

And thanks @blarko for letting me know that here at the end, much like my checks will be, my post misdated for the year. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Might be able to get CC to change your title. I’ve had them remove some pictures that accidentally had things I didn’t want posted and they’ve always been good about it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Debarking didn’t start until after 8:15… but the new customs thing is super easy. Walked right off with the bags and into a Lyft. Headed to the airport now and back to reality

The customs thing surprised me on the Freedom last month...I was in shock at how easy that was!

• Like 1