SetSail Passes

5 hours ago, broadwaycam said:

When checking in at the terminal do you have to show your SetSail pass on your phone from the app or can you show a printed copy?

If you are a germaphobe, bring printed copies - you don't know how many other phones the check in agent touched before they may touch yours.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

If you have an iPhone with the latest software, you can put your pass on your wallet so they can see it even without Internet.

I am also taking a print out just in case 

This is my annoyance at Cape Liberty Cruise Port.  Inside the terminal, internet is so poor to nonexistent.  I now know to save screenshots of my setsail pass.

5 hours ago, broadwaycam said:

When checking in at the terminal do you have to show your SetSail pass on your phone from the app or can you show a printed copy? If you use the app for the Setsail pass can you just use one phone since both people's passes are on it?

Just off the Oasis. I used printed passes.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you are a germaphobe, bring printed copies - you don't know how many other phones the check in agent touched before they may touch yours.

Luckily so far on 4 cruises no agent had touched our phone. I keep the passes in the Apple wallet

Take photos of everything on your phone.   
no WiFi you still can get pictures.    Just sayin.  
I have pics of everything.   

passport, DL, vax card, covid tests, and anything else ya need.  

but I still make copies to CYA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I tried but I was not able to log in using my stateroom info.  Maybe it was because of Royal Up?

Good luck. I didn't think it was affected by that.  Do you have the app on your phone?  You need that to do your health questionnaire and muster info.

4 hours ago, njkruzer said:

In Miami they took our printed passes and gave us new ones that said checked in.

In Miami this past Dec, we needed to show set sail passes to enter terminal.  Final check-in?  Rep asked for our passports, vaccine card, test result and asked for our stateroom number.  Didn't need to show set sail pass at that point.

Edited by ILCTCRUISER

14 hours ago, broadwaycam said:

When checking in at the terminal do you have to show your SetSail pass on your phone from the app or can you show a printed copy? If you use the app for the Setsail pass can you just use one phone since both people's passes are on it?

You can use one phone to show both passes via the app, if that's what you prefer.

I will say that I'm among those who prefer to have a printed copy.  I've tried it both ways (printed and phone), and printed is just easier once in the terminal.

Now, be aware that they've put so much stuff on the printed Setsail pass page that the actual pass was split between page breaks for our upcoming sailing.  I couldn't help but chuckle about that little--figures for the current situation.  Switching to landscape layout fixed the problem, though (and I could just print out the last page and have all we needed).

8 hours ago, DCPIV said:

You can use one phone to show both passes via the app, if that's what you prefer.

I will say that I'm among those who prefer to have a printed copy.  I've tried it both ways (printed and phone), and printed is just easier once in the terminal.

Now, be aware that they've put so much stuff on the printed Setsail pass page that the actual pass was split between page breaks for our upcoming sailing.  I couldn't help but chuckle about that little--figures for the current situation.  Switching to landscape layout fixed the problem, though (and I could just print out the last page and have all we needed).

Thanks for the good advice. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Am I the only one that has been to a location, stadium, large event, or just someplace where a wifi receiver broke?  Although I have all my flights, hotels and cruises on my phone, I still bring a paper copy just in case.  

Not only one, always have paper backups. Along with my Cell I also carry print Boarding Passes for my Flights 

12 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Good luck. I didn't think it was affected by that.  Do you have the app on your phone?  You need that to do your health questionnaire and muster info.

No...actually you don't "need" the app to do those.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 6:58 AM, Joseph2017China said:

Am I the only one that has been to a location, stadium, large event, or just someplace where a wifi receiver broke?  Although I have all my flights, hotels and cruises on my phone, I still bring a paper copy just in case.  

I may or may not have a paper copy, but I do take a screenshot of anything like that I would need.