Electronic Proof of Vaccination

1 minute ago, Frisnina said:

Will Royal Caribbean accept that as proof or do we need to bring our physical card?

Don't take a chance, bring the real card - you may need it in a port as well.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 4

If your state authorized electronic documentation of COVID-19 vaccination records, RCCL will accept it. However, based on our experience, paper documentation will speed up the check in and boarding process. 

Edited by footzz
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, footzz said:

If your state authorized electronic documentation of COVID-19 vaccination records, RCCL will accept it. However, based on our experience, paper documentation will speed up the check in and boarding process. 

Just curious when they started to allow state authorized electronic documents. Early in this mess they went by what the country accepted as valid documentation, not the states. Since most of Europe was digital ,they accepted that, but for the US the official documentation was the CDC card, not state apps. It would be nice if they accepted some sort of digital proof for US. Granted, I am in Florida, so the odds of a state authorized electronic documentation is practically nil, regardless of how much it could make the lives of some Floridians easier. Do you know what state apps they are now accepting?

3 minutes ago, FRANKM said:

You need to upgrade to NYS Excelsior Pass PLUS.  This will

show all vaccines you received  in NYS.  It lists all the information

that is contained on your CDC card  (for whatever good it will

do us.)

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, FRANKM said:

You need to upgrade to NYS Excelsior Pass PLUS.  This will

show all vaccines you received  in NYS.  It lists all the information

that is contained on your CDC card  (for whatever good it will

do us.)

They couldn't identify me...LOL

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Haha 1

I wouldn't trust what anyone says about what you need to bring other than Royal Caribbean. Our state has an "official" database and says that anyone who wants proof will accept a document printed off of it. But the last time I looked, Royal specifically said original CDC vaccination cards. No photos. No copies. Nothing but.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

They couldn't identify me...LOL

Had the same problem when I signed up.

I had to try a few times.

They might not have brought over your records yet.

Usually takes about 15 days or more from your last shot

according to the criteria listed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Frisnina said:

Hello,

Our state just authorized us to load our COVID-19 vaccination card records to our Apple Wallets. Will Royal Caribbean accept that as proof or do we need to bring our physical card?

Thanks!

What proof of Vaccine documents do I need to provide?

In order to present proof of vaccination for our cruises, the guest must show eligible documentation on boarding day at the terminal in the form of the vaccination record issued by either (1) the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (e.g., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card) (2) electronic vaccination records where country policy requires the use of electronic documentation via app or health agency site (e.g. UK NHS App, NHS Certificate, Israel Green Pass, EU Digital COVID Certificate), or (3) a letter from the guest's medical provider that administered the vaccination, which meets the following criteria:

The Proof of Vaccination must include the name of the vaccinated person matching the registered cruise guest with date of birth (DoB), the dates of the completed vaccination cycle, the administering physical or medical services provider, and the manufacturer of the vaccine issued.

The full vaccination cycle must be completed at least 14 days before your sail date (e.g., received the second dose in a two-dose series such as Pfizer or Moderna or a single dose of J&J).

The vaccine is recognized and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (U.S. FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO).

NOTE: Royal Caribbean will accept a laminated original vaccine card from your country’s health authority as acceptable proof of vaccination, providing it meets all the aforementioned criteria.

I would not even think about showing up without my original vax card, unless I had something in writing from RCI citing an exception (for US cruisers, and I would still be worried). Notice it says COUNTRY policy REQUIRES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTATION, not state. In the US that is the CDC card

God forbid we just have a national vaccine passport that's recognized universally just like a Passport for international travel. Wouldn't have to be limited to Covid vaccines. It could list ALL vaccines that are or may be required for travel. Or, better yet, it could be embedded in the RFID chip in the travel passport.

But Noooooo!. It would violate my freedoms!!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

God forbid we just have a national vaccine passport that's recognized universally just like a Passport for international travel. Wouldn't have to be limited to Covid vaccines. It could list ALL vaccines that are or may be required for travel. Or, better yet, it could be embedded in the RFID chip in the travel passport.

But Noooooo!. It would violate my freedoms!!!

There are so many on CC who don't travel with a passport even now when they know that there is a chance that they may have to fly home from a foreign port.

59 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

God forbid we just have a national vaccine passport that's recognized universally just like a Passport for international travel.

The irony is that I can get a lost or stolen passport replaced without too much hassle. My original CDC card? Priceless and irreplaceable.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm traveling this Friday (2/4) on Freedom OTS out of Miami. Lost my original vaccine card but I have the digital QR code record from the provider where I got it that is connected to my Apple wallet. Does anyone know if that will work? I don't know if I will be able to get another card since FL says that new cards can take several weeks to arrive...

On 1/5/2022 at 12:27 PM, RedIguana said:

The irony is that I can get a lost or stolen passport replaced without too much hassle. My original CDC card? Priceless and irreplaceable.

"Irreplaceable"? Hardly. Go back to the pharmacy/location where you got your shots and have them provide you with a new one....easy peasy