Marina - South America Jan-Feb2022 Cancelled

Jockocruiser

Oceania just announced that Marina South America cruises are cancelled for all Jan & Feb 2022 departures. 

Instead of posting under separate Roll Calls for those departures, may we suggest that questions and issues be consolidated to this topic on the main Oceania page.

26 minutes ago, Jockocruiser said:

Oceania just announced that Marina South America cruises are cancelled for all Jan & Feb 2022 departures. 

Instead of posting under separate Roll Calls for those departures, may we suggest that questions and issues be consolidated to this topic on the main Oceania page.

Where did you find this out?

Copied from a FB post as indicated in attached photo. 

Just received this a little while ago- goodbye Amazon cruise. ☹️

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION
CONCERNING YOUR CRUISE RESERVATION

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

We are coming to you today with a very important update on Marina’s scheduled South America voyages.

Due to the recent introduction of onerous and prohibitive restrictions for entry into Argentina by sea, combined with ever-increasing travel challenges in the surrounding region, and extended port closures in Brazil, we regret to inform you that we are no longer able to operate her planned itineraries for January and February 2022. The impacted voyages are January 8 and 28, and February 14 and 26, 2022.

We understand how deeply disappointing this news is and wish to underscore that we never undertake the decision to cancel a voyage lightly. Complying with the evolving testing, health, and entry requirements for Argentina and Chile has presented a significant challenge and at this juncture, with the introduction of new and prohibitive entry restrictions, we can no longer be assured of clear passage for our guests and crew.

All guests will automatically receive a full refund of the cruise fare paid back to the form of original payment.

For guests who made independent air arrangements, Oceania Cruises will reimburse up to $300 per guest for airline change fees or fare differentials. Airline issued receipts should be emailed to: GuestRelationsOCI@OceaniaCruises.com.

On behalf of everyone at Oceania Cruises, I want to apologize for the inconvenience and express our sincere thanks and appreciation for your continued patronage, loyalty, and understanding during these unprecedented times.

Warmest regards,

Carlos E. Ortega
Vice President, Guest Services

Should you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor or Oceania Cruises at:

United States and Canada 855-OCEANIA (855-623-2642)
United Kingdom and Europe +44 345 505 1920
Australia 1300 355 200
New Zealand 0800 625 691
Singapore +65 31 651 677 / Malaysia +60 3-30992292 / India +91 22-71279118
Taiwan +886 2-77031292 / Hong Kong and the rest of Asia +852 2165 6010
China 400 842 8362

Please note this email does not accept replies.

This email was sent by Oceania Cruises
7665 Corporate Center Drive, Miami, FL, 33126, USA

9EBC18B9-B0AB-47BD-A72E-2D1FEEF702A7.png

Edited by LNielsen
Clarification

Totally frustrating…we are fully packed and were leaving Thursday. And our category cabins are not available for next year. Whole ship waitlisted totally and our travel agent ( who is one of the very top Oceania agents) was notified so late she could not even get hold her contact to get use icon the waitlist for next year. it looks like those who jumped off early an rebooked next year instead. To get on the priory wait list for next year they want money with no guarantees and I’m already on other priory waitlists for next year cruises that canceled at the last minute early last fall. Maybe I’m the jinx!

@HiFi43well didn’t you have personal communication with the Oceania senior execs, why didn’t you know about this?😄

It will be a cold day in hell before Oceania gets my business again. Done with them.

While I might understand that this was impacted by SA governments, O's total lack of communication was irresponsible.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jockocruiser said:

@HiFi43well didn’t you have personal communication with the Oceania senior execs, why didn’t you know about this?😄

It will be a cold day in hell before Oceania gets my business again. Done with them.

While I might understand that this was impacted by SA governments, O's total lack of communication was irresponsible.  

The only real connection I have is Johnny Tokyo (who traverses the seams of the company fabric [after all, isn’t that where the strength of any organization exists?])

Don’t go sour on O just yet. Their strategy was to “double down on the hard four” and it has been working. 
Think the bigger picture. There’s a future Red Ginger Duck and Watermelon Salad with your name on it.

Sorry that you  folks are out of the game. FWIW, I had suggested that the ATW mods head south from L.A.  You win some - you lose some. I can say that because I’ve currently got a lot of “skin in the game.”

23 minutes ago, Jockocruiser said:

yes, I agree and am just glad this ordeal is over- back to celebrity and maybe silverseas now owned by royal caribbean.  I feel for all for the folks with nonrefundable tickets- I never quite trusted this trip from october on when Brazil announced opening only to cruising along its shores.  Oceania needs to up their communication game for certain.  They have lost us as a customer.

• Thanks 2

To say we are disappointed is an understatement. We have been looking forward to this trip for a long time. Our flight was tomorrow morning so I guess at least we weren't on our way to Argentina, however that does little to temper the utter disappointment and annoyance that we feel. Oh well!

• Like 2

Like several others planning on the Jan 8 cruise in 4days, we are already in Argentina. We don't know what we will do yet. But I'm not planning to run home. Argentine entry was no big deal, if you can read directions carefully. We are here,  and all of Patagonia and the Pampas are before us.

So my question... will the travel insurance that they bought for us still be valid? Or dies it get yanked too?

15 minutes ago, easteregg7 said:

Like several others planning on the Jan 8 cruise in 4days, we are already in Argentina. We don't know what we will do yet. But I'm not planning to run home. Argentine entry was no big deal, if you can read directions carefully. We are here,  and all of Patagonia and the Pampas are before us.

So my question... will the travel insurance that they bought for us still be valid? Or dies it get yanked too?

I'd contact Aon, the insurer, to see what your status is.  Good luck.

1 hour ago, easteregg7 said:

If purchased and you have the policy number it would be valid.  But you should call AON and confirm.  Or buy an annual policy from BLUE or Travel Insured Intl

Boy does this really suck for you. I’m PO'd enough to be three weeks away from the trip and have it yanked for me. But for you guys to already be there and now can’t go and get onboard is absolutely insane! 

Good hat you are trying to make lemonade from the lemons. Don’t think I can do that.

Edited by Jockocruiser

2 hours ago, shepherd really said:

I'd contact Aon, the insurer, to see what your status is.  Good luck.

But, first, I would actually read the O Ticket Contract and T&Cs plus the actual insurance policy purchased. From that, s/he will have a list of questions that need to be answered. 

Awful for all those who now have a full time job either struggling to get back home, or struggling at home to unravel all the plans they have made. 

We are on the Jan 18,  2023 cruise. With final pay this July. Things always seem better in the summer but by late fall, wham all can change. We will not make the final pay. 

We can no longer assume O will cancel in time to avoid all the stress and aggravation they are putting their clients through now. It is unbelievable what most folks had to go through to even get onto the ship, with testing, timing arrivals etc....

I agree with all those who say, O needed to make this decision much earlier. All the signs were there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Have to say that last summer we almost switched to the world cruise- so glad we didn't that has been gutted as well- at sea caribbean, etc.  all places I could care less about going.  Yes they should have seen this coming since NOV. really- I don't quite understand what the additional rules from argentina and uruguay are- I can't find them anywhere.  I agree- they must have alot of + onboard or they are invoking the policy in existence with argentina for testing every 3-5 days- to that I agree with Oceania- its a ridiculous ask of the cruise lines especially when many folks that test + are totally asymptomatic.  We really got our booster in Nov because of Chile's rules and now we will likely need a 4th one for Europe in June since we will be >6 mos and I am certain they are going to go down that road......ugh.

We will have 2 other variants by then and are we going to keep all of this nonsense up with masks indoors and outdoors and continuous boosters?  Lets hope the CDC butts out next week.  They are the drivers of all of this testing stuff constantly.  There is no quality control for this testing- any minimum wage person can be 'trained" to do it.  This would never fly in a hospital or real lab setting.  NCL wsa testing out doors at the port in Nov. - out in the open air- I know someone who saw all the positive tests in front of him and decided to go to a "real Lab" nearby- he tested - and got on the ship.  

I am really disappointed in missing this trip- I retired from my company and left earlier than I would have in order to take this trip.  I think at this point, I am just sad- been angry since early December when I couldn't get answers from O despite all the daily data looking bad.........

• Like 2

dive4pam, I understand completely....

we are on the Jan 18, 2023, will probably try to move it to 2024 when it comes out, but will see, if too many obstacles or loss of benefits we now have, will just cancel it....

seems to me we will be facing this for several winters to come, making a decision in the summer when it is final payment, is ridiculous.....

covid is seasonal....that is MHO....

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

dive4pam, I understand completely....

we are on the Jan 18, 2023, will probably try to move it to 2024 when it comes out, but will see, if too many obstacles or loss of benefits we now have, will just cancel it....

seems to me we will be facing this for several winters to come, making a decision in the summer when it is final payment, is ridiculous.....

covid is seasonal....that is MHO....

Yes this will be like colds and flu for the remainder of my life and I'm getting too old to put up with masks and all of this nonsense.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dive4pam said:

Yes this will be like colds and flu for the remainder of my life and I'm getting too old to put up with masks and all of this nonsense.

Very true.  Don,t need all the stress. 

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.  What's happening with the R ships?  Are they ramping up?

My agent. reacting to a call he got from Oceania, asked if I was willing to take a lower cabin on my Insignia cruise this summer.  I am #1 waitlisted on the Suite. I refused. 

The agent also said he has been deluged by cancelations.

I am hanging in there.

We received notification from Oceania over 48 hours ago that our cruise starting from Santiago on 28 January had been cancelled. Since then we have had other emails from Oceania and our travel agent on such matters as check-in as if it was still on course. I rang our travel agent a short while ago for clarification. They have not been told of a cancellation and will not be able to confirm to me until Monday as they have to check with Oceania. What a shambles!

14 minutes ago, atleasttwiceayear said:

We received notification from Oceania over 48 hours ago that our cruise starting from Santiago on 28 January had been cancelled. Since then we have had other emails from Oceania and our travel agent on such matters as check-in as if it was still on course. I rang our travel agent a short while ago for clarification. They have not been told of a cancellation and will not be able to confirm to me until Monday as they have to check with Oceania. What a shambles!

Oceania's website does not show any SA cruises in 2022 until November.

Does your cruise still show on your Oceania account under managing cruises?

I'm surprised your TA can't confirm with Oceania before Monday.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, atleasttwiceayear said:

In post #3  there is  a copy of the letter  maybe send it to your TA

I'm certain the ultimate issue was the cancellation of Brazil and they knew all along Brazil was out  of the question- they should have known that in mid-December.  Gotta love those automated emails we kept getting but no REAL communication about what was going on behind the scenes.  Like the malaria and yellow fever one, the australian add on charge in Chile and finally the "checkin" notice.  Made me sad yesterday- it coincided with my retirement day.  It was like rubbing salt in the wound!

• Like 1

Just awful. To have waited till the last minute, keeping all in the dark all the while having all this information to make the decision to cancel. Shame on you Oceania. You needed to do much better for your clients. 

Going forward, how can we entrust any of our monies or plans to O. 

We need to keep in mind that this can and will happen again to any of us. Yes not just O but with other lines. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2