**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

46 minutes ago, clginal said:

I basically lurk but want to say thanks for all the info on this board!! 

I have a couple of questions about the at home test.  Our cruise isn't until Feb 26th.  Last cruise was March 2020 right when covid started so, new to the testing requirements.   I'm looking at ordering soon just to not have to worry about finding a testing apptment.

My questions....

1) anyone have any issues with expiration dates? Should I wait to order my kits closer to date?  or order now to be on safe side since they are getting hard to come by right now?

2) Are there certain times of the day they do the live test?  

TIA,

Christie

Hi Christie!  Thanks for posting.  I've done the Abbott proctored at-home test a couple of times, the last in November (ordered in September), so I'll do a run through your questions:

1) My tests would have expired in January had I not used them.  I've heard that tests delivered in the past month have listed expiration dates of November and December 2022, so I don't think expiration is an issue anymore.  You should be fine to order them now.

2) I did my tests at 1 AM and noon ET.  I had minimal waits for proctors both times.  They're ready for testers 24/7/365, so when you're ready to test, just log in and test.

I hope this is of help to you and encourage others with more up-to-date info to correct us.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Hi Christie!  Thanks for posting.  I've done the Abbott proctored at-home test a couple of times, the last in November (ordered in September), so I'll do a run through your questions:

1) My tests would have expired in January had I not used them.  I've heard that tests delivered in the past month have listed expiration dates of November and December 2022, so I don't think expiration is an issue anymore.  You should be fine to order them now.

2) I did my tests at 1 AM and noon ET.  I had minimal waits for proctors both times.  They're ready for testers 24/7/365, so when you're ready to test, just log in and test.

I hope this is of help to you and encourage others with more up-to-date info to correct us.

Yes...helps a lot!!  Thanks

• Thanks 1

Question about the at home tests like the Abbott binaxNOW test.  We are sailing in April so things maybe different again by then but we are flying in 3 days before we board our ship and will have to have a test done while in Miami there is a CVS pharmacy right across the street from our hotel but like others have said we need a backup just in case labs are overwhelmed and can’t guarantee test results in time or let alone get an appointment to test when we get there. 
when we do the at home test and get our results do we have to print out a test result from an email or what?  Kinda hard to print something when we have no printer.  Not sure the hotel will allow us to print something out on their printers.  

8 minutes ago, Brad1972 said:

when we do the at home test and get our results do we have to print out a test result from an email or what?  Kinda hard to print something when we have no printer.  Not sure the hotel will allow us to print something out on their printers.  

I would recommend printing out the results if you can, but it's not required.  The people who want to see your results are happy to see them on your mobile device.

Just a quick question on the Abbot ID now Covid testing through emed, I create an account once I receive my test than once I am ready to take it log in and it will take me to the proctor to perform the test correct?  Also, if my husband is testing with me can I use the same email or do I need to set him up with his own account?

• Like 2

Couple questions, I cruise from Port of Miami on 1/20.  I was originally going to try and test local.  The condo I am staying in in FLL has a CVS and Walgreens within 2 blocks.  HOWEVER, I can only get a test there if I remain in my CAR and I won't have a CAR!  So has anyone done a test at CVS/Walgreens in Miami / Ft Lauderdale area where you walked in?  I asked my local store in Missouri and they said they don't want ppl coming in because they probably HAVE Covid.  But we are doing pre-cruise, it's different.

So in the meantime I ordered the proctored BINAX NOW test to be delivered to where I am staying.  How long does it usually take to ship?  I got it from Optum online.  

Is this testing stuff stressing anyone else out?  I am also cruising solo for the first time so I don't have anyone else to share the stress with!

• Like 1

I did mine at cvs 2 days prio ( Thurs). My wife works at a prison and she was done at work. WE do not have rapid at the stores anywhere in this area. My backup was to test at POM. When we got to  MIA neither of us had results. So we went ahead and had the rapid done there. Negative, she got results Friday night at 11 pm. I got mine at 8 am on Sat. So we would have been ok but glad we got it done and decreased anxiety.

5 hours ago, cruisy-suzy said:

Is this testing stuff stressing anyone else out?  I am also cruising solo for the first time so I don't have anyone else to share the stress with!

YES....my cruise isn't until end of Feb but, have been so stressed out about this part of it.  I finally broke down & ordered the tests yesterday from Emed.  Hated paying that price but, glad to know we'll be covered!!

Good Luck......and after you have that part done, the rest will be nothing but FUN!!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, crdtrnr said:

Has anyone ordered from Emed lately?  How was the shipping to you from the time you ordered?

Thanks

I ordered from Emed yesterday......got email today saying "it's on it's way" & should be delivered tomorrow!!!  I was shocked.  There was a notice stating they were a week behind but, doesn't seem to be the case if it's getting here in 2 days!!  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dantim said:

Just a quick question on the Abbot ID now Covid testing through emed, I create an account once I receive my test than once I am ready to take it log in and it will take me to the proctor to perform the test correct?  Also, if my husband is testing with me can I use the same email or do I need to set him up with his own account?

I have not done the test yet but, I'm understanding that you both need a separate email.  I have watched several Youtubers doing the test.  Just search "Binax Home Test" & you will have tons to watch.  It's actually helped me feel more comfortable for when it's our day to do ours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, cruisy-suzy said:

Couple questions, I cruise from Port of Miami on 1/20.  I was originally going to try and test local.  The condo I am staying in in FLL has a CVS and Walgreens within 2 blocks.  HOWEVER, I can only get a test there if I remain in my CAR and I won't have a CAR!  So has anyone done a test at CVS/Walgreens in Miami / Ft Lauderdale area where you walked in?  I asked my local store in Missouri and they said they don't want ppl coming in because they probably HAVE Covid.  But we are doing pre-cruise, it's different.

So in the meantime I ordered the proctored BINAX NOW test to be delivered to where I am staying.  How long does it usually take to ship?  I got it from Optum online.  

I ordered from Optum last Monday and it came in 2 days.  I was surprised

1 hour ago, catty said:

If you are not vaccinated, any particular tests required? 

Unvaccinated passengers are required to take a PCR test between 72 and 24 hours from the date of sailing.  They also will take an antigen test at the terminal.  Source:  Have Fun. Be Safe. | COVID-19 Guest Protocols | Carnival Cruise Line (scroll down as needed)

Edited by Honolulu Blue

UPDATE:  I ordered my 3-pack of tests early on Monday morning.  It was delivered to me this afternoon.  Next day service again!  They must really like me. 😄  All three tests expire November 20, 2022.

Also in my e-mail, ironically as my test package was being delivered, I got this note:

Thank you for placing an order through Optum Store. Due to high volumes, your shipment may be delayed up to 5 business days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

As a token of our appreciation, please enjoy 15% off your next purchase with us by using coupon code (CENSORED!)

I don't have any immediate need for tests or other medical supplies at Optum, but I thought that was a really nice touch.  I hadn't heard about anyone getting an offer anything like this.  I feel special. 🙃

One last note - despite the super fast shipping, I think I ordered too early!  The administration announced their plans to have private insurers reimburse people for their at-home tests.  But it's not retroactive, so my insurer gets to keep their $100 if they like.

On 1/10/2022 at 4:12 PM, 6fan said:

I did mine at cvs 2 days prio ( Thurs). My wife works at a prison and she was done at work. WE do not have rapid at the stores anywhere in this area. My backup was to test at POM. When we got to  MIA neither of us had results. So we went ahead and had the rapid done there. Negative, she got results Friday night at 11 pm. I got mine at 8 am on Sat. So we would have been ok but glad we got it done and decreased anxiety.

(OK, I hope this doesn't post twice...I lost my comment somewhere.)

Does it matter WHERE we test as long as it's an approved type? I can test with Binax rapid through work (school) and I get a result from our state lab. But I don't want to assume that's fine and have a repeat of my coworker who went to Hawaii only to be refused at the airport -- IN HAWAII. He had to fly back home.

Also, I just heard on the news that the govt is requiring insurance to reimburse up to 8 home tests per person per month...if you can get them!