Onboard S&S

mac21902

Question, we've always had a credit card on file for every cruise but decided to opt for cash since we have 2k in onboard credit. What's the process like for using cash vs adding a credit card. Do I HAVE to put down cash? If so, when do I do that? It's for my family of five if that helps. 

Edited by mac21902

Why not just put down a credit card. You can monitor it on your app very easily and just make sure not to spend much more. Spend a few dollars over lol and stop. The app is easy to use. 

And so you get billed $7.03 at the end on your credit card. Easier than worrying to me. Why add stress with a cash account. Just monitor it daily. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mac21902 said:

Question, we've always had a credit card on file for every cruise but decided to opt for cash since we have 2k in onboard credit. What's the process like for using cash vs adding a credit card. Do I HAVE to put down cash? If so, when do I do that? It's for my family of five if that helps. 

Yes, you have to put down cash at boarding and when you get close to zero, you will be repeatedly called to Guest Services to replenish.  Just put a card on file and then if you want, go to Guest Services last day and pay off the charges with cash.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Why not just put down a credit card. You can monitor it on your app very easily and just make sure not to spend much more. Spend a few dollars over lol and stop. The app is easy to use. 

And so you get billed $7.03 at the end on your credit card. Easier than worrying to me. Why add stress with a cash account. Just monitor it daily. 

I agree.  That's what we did on our September cruise and what we will do on our April cruise when we have $700+ onboard credit.

• Like 3

Guest BasicSailor
22 minutes ago, mac21902 said:

That option depends on the port, most of the time you pay the cash before you board. In the past you paid at the guest service desk, and still a few ports that offer this option. Easy enough to keep tabs on what you have spent with the Carnival hub app. Add more as needed.

9 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

That option depends on the port, most of the time you pay the cash before you board. In the past you paid at the guest service desk, and still a few ports that offer this option. Easy enough to keep tabs on what you have spent with the Carnival hub app. Add more as needed.

We have a $500 gift card too. Could we use that?

Guest BasicSailor
2 minutes ago, mac21902 said:

We have a $500 gift card too. Could we use that? Question, we've always had a credit card on file for every cruise but decided to opt for cash 

Well, 😶 it's an option, thought you were interested in cash 😁