Live Review Apex 1/8/2022 - 1/15/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

5 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Fabulous.... it'll give me the scoop before our 12 days on the Oasis in June.  It'll be our first time on an Oasis Class ship.

Remember to order multiple appetizers at 150 Park, Chops and Jamie’s if you are doing UDP or specialty dinning!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

You would be amazed how a little appreciation at the beginning will change your whole experience for the whole cruise.

AND-- To think, there people that remove their @^%$  Gratuities !!!!

Yes --- It bothers me !!!!!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Your live thread and all the pictures have been amazing.  I was on the APEX in early December and this thread made me feel like like I was back on the APEX again.  Safe travels home!

Thank you for coming along!

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Did notice that Lauren was the CD on Apex. We are scheduled for 1/29. A little apprehensive but I think we will go, still have a week+ to decide. If it’s the same vocalists, they were great. Rockumentary looks fabulous! 

Hope Mom is doing well……..

mac_tlc

Mom is doing ok! We are appreciating every good day she has & pray for more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 8

We are currently sitting at the airport waiting for our flight.  I would like to thank everyone that came along on this virtual cruise and my co-author SNJCRUISER!!  It has been an amazing cruise with everyone onboard.  Again the experiences were unique and I would never expect the same thing next time but I am glad we did it despite all the noise out there about cruising and the complaints.  We made a decision and we were going to make the best out of it and so glad we did.  Everyone is different so take people’s reviews /comments under advisement positive or negative and decide for yourself.  I personally like to see it for myself which is why I decided to take as many pictures as I can (snaps) to show you what is like cruising right now on the Apex!!  It’s a big world out there, cruise your way around it and explore as much as you can while you can!

If you would like to continue the virtual cruise, the next live review with plenty of pictures will be on the Oasis of the Sea 1/30/22.  It will be a B2B so it will be interesting for sure.  I will make more updates on this thread after I get back home and upload some more videos.  For those that will be onboard the next few weeks, please share your thoughts on the APEX.  I am sure we would love to hear what’s different/same.  If I can provide any tips while you are sailing I will be happy to.  Stay safe and healthy.

B603443E-B806-48F2-9B38-089795436932.jpeg

My pleasure adding a little seasoning to the buffet spread that you have presented over the past week.  It boggles my mind that you were recently on the Mardi Gras, which we will be on in 3 weeks and then you go on the Oasis on a B2B, which we do in June.  Our cruising thoughts were on the same wavelength. 😄

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

What an awsome Live review 👏👏👏  safe travels home! I will definately be along for the next one you do, and the one after that, and the one after that 🤣 I have never sailed Celebrity before your review, but now I want to!! 

Also, a big THANK YOU to your co-author as well SNJCRUISER 👏👏👏

You're quite welcome.  I just like to "pay it forward" whenever possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Benny - Thank you so much for this amazing thread on your Apex sailing.  It made me remember our time on the Edge, and also getting us excited for our B2B on the Apex in April.  Pictures were amazing, but your commentary along with the photos was Beyond!  (No pun intended).  I'm hoping that the Omicron situation has peaked and almost extinguished by the time we are going to sail, but your information on how to manage safely was so appreciated!

Safe travels home, and thanks again!

Michele

40 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Amazing itinerary!!!!  You will love it.  Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!  We have Oasis, either Symphony or Allure in March (still deciding), Harmony in May, the NCL June (England) NCL July ( Greece), NCL August (Alaska), NCL November (Mediterranean), Carnival Celebration (December) Christmas cruise.  Still trying to fit in princess cruise into 2022.  Hopefully 2023 I will run into you two on another cruise!

After the Oasis, we are back on the Mardi Gras for 2 weeks surrounding Labor Day, then 11 days on the NCL Prima at Thanksgiving.  

In 2023, we have a S2S consisting of 5 days on the Celebration with 7 on the NCL Encore in January, a B2B in Feb/Mar on the Prima and 14 days in May/June to Alaska on the Majestic Princess.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

You know I will.  We have the UDP so you will get to see pretty much every food offerings we can fit into our stomach!  Plus my favorite spot to go to on Coco Cay.  Hidden treasure in my mind!

We have the UDP on the seven day.  We'll "settle" for MDR on the 5 day.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Remember to order multiple appetizers at 150 Park, Chops and Jamie’s if you are doing UDP or specialty dinning!

I will be furiously taking notes from your live thread and be well prepared.  The best thing is that I can make all of our reservations on turnaround day before all of the newbies get on board. 👍

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

My pleasure adding a little seasoning to the buffet spread that you have presented over the past week.  It boggles my mind that you were recently on the Mardi Gras, which we will be on in 3 weeks and then you go on the Oasis on a B2B, which we do in June.  Our cruising thoughts were on the same wavelength. 😄

Great cruisers think alike!!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

See random pictures through the lens… it catches everyone lol… did they say what the hold up was?  

The gangway off of the ship was not synching up properly so we had to wait and then a handful of cruisers that had checked out had to check back in to come back on the ship.  Then we all paraded down the corridor to where the suite guests exited.  All in all about 15-20 minute delay.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Of the six shows we saw this week, I would put the Tree of Life in last.   After Rockumentary, I would put the female violinist(main stage matinee), Caravan(at the club), Night of Enchantment(Eden), Crystalize(main stage).

Shows just like food are subjective.  The best thing about the past 12 days were the social distancing with 40% occupancy on our five day and even less this week.

Music is subjective too--eg, I like Jazz and Sax, piano, guitar, bass, drums, etc,  the Mrs. likes show tunes so she would have loved the cruise you just finished.

Edited by HMR74
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, rwest898 said:

I thoroughly enjoyed your review and look forward to your review on January 30th.  Will you update this one so we will know when the next review starts so we can follow?  Thanks again!!

Thank you so much for coming along!  Of course I will come back to this thread and make updates but will make an announcement the day I board the Oasis of the Sea on 1/30/2022.  I will also focus on the B2B experience.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The gangway off of the ship was not synching up properly so we had to wait and then a handful of cruisers that had checked out had to check back in to come back on the ship.  Then we all paraded down the corridor to where the suite guests exited.  All in all about 15-20 minute delay.

Thank you for the update!  This Co-Authoring is taking this thread up another notch!

• Like 4

Benny thank you for this trip report! It let us see what we missed in December for the trip we canceled on the APEX.

Also you helped us decide to go for it on our Constellation cruise in February. I do risk management for work lol and the pictures you provided showed me that it will be easy to socially distance on board. 

• Like 1

Dear Benny,

Thank you again for sharing your time and talent -- taking pictures and sharing your experiences with us. You are bringing joy during a stressful time.  I appreciate your insight and answers to our questions. Have an extra special dessert tonight for your efforts!  

Benny:  Have you heard any comments from anyone about Luminae restaurant?  I understand Aqua Class passengers can dine there. Any reviews about the food from those eating there?  We may travel in future.  Can we eat in one of the 4 themed dining rooms you've been featuring (food looks wonderful) and Luminae and how easy is it to change to  different dining rooms?  (Not interested in the extra charge options.)   

Enjoy and safe travels!  

• Like 1