How many passengers were on your MSC Cruise?

Explorer525

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

CD on Merv said we are 452 last night.

We r in YC.. 62 here.

ship is as lovely as ever

super clean

wonderful crew

YC Embarkation was smooth.

Have papers copies of your vax, health forms and contract etc.

Testing at terminal goes smoothly.

Opening night show was mix of dance, instrumental and voice

Band in back bar got good reviews from those who went 

Embarkation lunch was delicious..rockfish was prepared to perfection

Dinner..the cannelloni and veal chop were outstanding 

OC today…great food. Sunny, breezy.

We sold our house!!!  A much needed week at sea will be just what the realtor ordered!

Enjoy your cruise!

3 hours ago, Fishwife2016 said:

We sold our house!!!  A much needed week at sea will be just what the realtor ordered!

Enjoy your cruise!

Congratulations 

I suspected you’d embark sold.

Great way to celebrate.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fogfog said:

CD on Merv said we are 452 last night.

We r in YC.. 62 here.

ship is as lovely as ever

super clean

wonderful crew

YC Embarkation was smooth.

Have papers copies of your vax, health forms and contract etc.

Testing at terminal goes smoothly.

Opening night show was mix of dance, instrumental and voice

Band in back bar got good reviews from those who went 

Embarkation lunch was delicious..rockfish was prepared to perfection

Dinner..the cannelloni and veal chop were outstanding 

OC today…great food. Sunny, breezy.

Have a great time.

Merv.
Was told 852 for ship whic is almost double the 4 day sailing

Trying to recall, I think we are like 35 in YC for this leg.

This is 3 days. 

Ship is immaculate and crew is ready for pax.

Vax and masks reqd

Testing prior to embarkation at pier reqd 

Great sailing MSC as everyone is cooperating with health protocols 

I was onboard Fantasia from 14th to 21st January sailing out of Barcelona. We were in Yacht Club and when I spoke to the concierge he said there were 1400 people on board and of those 41 were in the Yacht Club. I spent most days on deck with the pool to myself and it was akin to being on a private yacht...

Feb. 5th sailing was like a ghost ship. Less than 20% full. 1,500 crew and less than 1,000 passengers. 154 in YC. Was told as I disembarked yesterday that there will be 192 in YC on the 2/12 sailing.

Lots of crew members finally getting to go home. They have been on board since the TA which brought the ship to the US last summer.

4 hours ago, Wannacruise81 said:

Looks like MSC Meraviglia is expecting more passengers on the 2/27 cruise. Just finished our online check in and it says to arrive at 2pm 😳😳

Let us know what the realities are for boarding times. We have a 3:30 which is way too late!

6 hours ago, Wannacruise81 said:

Looks like MSC Meraviglia is expecting more passengers on the 2/27 cruise. Just finished our online check in and it says to arrive at 2pm 😳😳

I also had a 2pm embarkation time assigned for the 2/27 Meraviglia sailing initially, but then checked the mobile app a few days later (Profile > My Cruise > scroll down to Embarkation Info) and it was moved half an hour earlier to 1:30pm.

I re-sent my tickets from the website (which also initially had a 2pm time on the PDF) and they changed to 1:30 as well. Not sure how strict they're going to be - I have pretty much nothing to do before that, and would like to get lunch onboard - but I've also been stuck outside at Port Canaveral before and it was a pretty boring experience.

So, yeah, this cruise might be a bit busier than earlier in January/February. Hopefully it's a reasonable number of passengers such that they staff the bars and other venues to stay open late, but not so many that it feels crowded. 

• Thanks 1

On board Meravilgia now

Reported by several sources at 700,  some say as low as 630.   Ship is extremely quiet.   80 in YC which is interesting as our bid to upgrade was no accepted.  Which after being on board is fine with me.

7 hours ago, M2ice said:

80 in YC which is interesting as our bid to upgrade was no accepted.  Which after being on board is fine with me.

Did you bid the minimum?  I had a lodge member on Mera last month on the same sailing with us and they bid $1000 per person and did not get accepted and we had 66 in YC I think.

13 hours ago, M2ice said:

On board Meravilgia now

Reported by several sources at 700,  some say as low as 630.   Ship is extremely quiet.   80 in YC which is interesting as our bid to upgrade was no accepted.  Which after being on board is fine with me.

Was there an elegant night on this cruise?  We board Sunday for 4 nights. 

9 hours ago, PhotoFlo said:

Was there a formal/elegant night?

7 night sailings yes

3 and 4 night sailings no

For fun Several of us in YC did our own YC "elegant night" and men wore dark suits/dinner jackets while ladies in dresses on a 4 nighter

Packing now for Feb 27 on the Meraviglia. Looking forward to trying a new cruise line for us. Going in with open mind and an empty ship will be great. I remember being on a Premier Cruise Line ship the week of Clintons first election back in 1992 with about 300 total out of some 2000 capacity and the service was awesome. Twice as much crew as passengers and they went out of their way just so they had something to do.

3 hours ago, icetyme99 said:

Packing now for Feb 27 on the Meraviglia. Looking forward to trying a new cruise line for us. Going in with open mind and an empty ship will be great. I remember being on a Premier Cruise Line ship the week of Clintons first election back in 1992 with about 300 total out of some 2000 capacity and the service was awesome. Twice as much crew as passengers and they went out of their way just so they had something to do.

Enjoy!

Premier....blast from the past. We sailed her in 1988. We had the owners suite. Pales in comparison to today's ships.