Eclipse March gone?

mitz18

Eclipse was showing a departure from LA on March 26, 2022 for a pacific coastal.  Last time I looked was only about 50% full, but now that sailing is not even on X's website any longer.  Anyone heard anything?  TIA

We are on a April 9 cruise. It is very much sailing.  We noticed this as well. When I called the day before final payment (Saturday)  she affirmed that we were still Sailing.  We just made final payment yesterday.  The Reps did not know why it was removed from the website. 

Thanks all.  Maybe they have closed it, but don't believe she was "full" - maybe they are limiting the number of guest on board.  Now I just need to find a place in LA to get a covid test on Friday,,,,,,,,,

Edited by mitz18
completing

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Very well could be for inventory control purposes but I am skeptical about this one. I feel a repeat of summer 2021 coming on with ships being shuffled around, especially with only 1 ship in the Caribbean from May-September.

and of course they'll wait until after final payment to cancel the voyage.........

2 hours ago, mitz18 said:

Thanks all.  Maybe they have closed it, but don't believe she was "full" - maybe they are limiting the number of guest on board.  Now I just need to find a place in LA to get a covid test on Friday,,,,,,,,,

I looked at this cruise the day before it disappeared off the website.  There was lots as in lots of empty staterooms.  I think 50% would be a stretch!

Have you considered order a couple of Abbott Binex Now proctored tests from the cruiseline.   They are easy to use.   We did it from home in Nov the day before we left home.  Very helpful to watch a couple of you tube videos as it will tell you exactly what to expect and where folks make mistakes.  Helps to boost your confidence too. 
You may find it a challenge to locate a test in LA and get results back in time. 

Edited by mauimary

6 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

If I remember right, the only ship in the Caribbean in 2019 before Covid was the Equinox out of Miami. I meant between May and November

Equinox started year-round Caribbean sailings in summer 2017 which was a first for Celebrity. Last summer's abbreviated season had 3 Caribbean ships. Edge, Equinox and and Millie/Summit from SXM. If ships get shuffled around, especially in Europe, it's very likely additional capacity gets placed in the Caribbean. 

On 1/10/2022 at 12:32 PM, mitz18 said:

Full is a relative term today.  

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

The Canadian government plans on making a decision by spring of 2022.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

Thanks.  I didn't quite read as making a decision by Spring of 2022 (considering that cruises are supposed to start arriving in early spring on several lines) but that's when they'll be there.

I just checked on of the online TAs and they have no Eclipse sailings in March... appears the schedule begin in late April... to Hawaii .... then it shifts to Alaska around mid May.    My guess is that they are delaying sailing to wait out Omicron. I would push for an answer.

Edited by kearney

20 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Thanks.  I didn't quite read as making a decision by Spring of 2022 (considering that cruises are supposed to start arriving in early spring on several lines) but that's when they'll be there.

"We are looking forward to welcoming guests back at Canada Place Cruise Terminal in early April 2022."

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/travel/port-of-vancouver-says-it-is-planning-for-the-cruise-season-to-resume-4800229

6 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

"We are looking forward to welcoming guests back at Canada Place Cruise Terminal in early April 2022."

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/travel/port-of-vancouver-says-it-is-planning-for-the-cruise-season-to-resume-4800229

thanks.  I'm also sailing to Vancouver on Princess in late April/early May

2 hours ago, kearney said:

I just checked on of the online TAs and they have no Eclipse sailings in March... appears the schedule begin in late April... to Hawaii .... then it shifts to Alaska around mid May.    My guess is that they are delaying sailing to wait out Omicron. I would push for an answer.

yep - have pushed with 3 different X agents and all say it is good.  They say if I download the app and look there it will show (not sure why it would show there and not the direct web unless they mean it would show under my account  - duh until they cancel).   We'll see in the end by with CA locking down again will not surprise me if it gets cancelled.  Think we will lift/shift elsewhere.....