Silent Disco

florence11

1 hour ago, florence11 said:

Hi,

I know this may come across as a strange question but I am just wondering if they have a silent disco on Princess cruises? We have been on Celebrity in the past and have enjoyed them so just wondering.

Thanks

What is a silent disco.  Seems like a contradiction in terms to me.

DON

5 hours ago, donaldsc said:

What is a silent disco.  Seems like a contradiction in terms to me.

DON

Don,

Celebrity issues wireless headphones to the participants and a dj has 3 different channels/styles of music playing all at the same time.  Participants can switch between any of the 3 channels playing on their headset, and people are dancing, singing, and having a great time. But there is no external music playing at all.  It's almost as much fun for those who choose to watch, as it is to participate.

14 hours ago, florence11 said:

Hi,

I know this may come across as a strange question but I am just wondering if they have a silent disco on Princess cruises? We have been on Celebrity in the past and have enjoyed them so just wondering.

Thanks

I LOVE the Silent Disco on Celebrity.  It's so much fun!!

We really enjoyed the silent discos on our Celebrity cruises too. They work well in the Atrium too with the Activity team members trying to encourage  music battles against those preferring a different music channel to their own.

As others have said...we've never seen this done on Princess.  We *have* seen it on other cruise lines in the past.  It's a hoot to watch!  I can't imagine any cruise line doing this at this point in time given that every set of headphones would need to be cleaned/sanitized after use.  It just seems like one of those things that would be put off until we're behind all of this (if that *ever* happens!)

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I can't imagine any cruise line doing this at this point in time given that every set of headphones would need to be cleaned/sanitized after use.  It just seems like one of those things that would be put off until we're behind all of this (if that *ever* happens!)

I didn't witness it or the cleaning/sanitizing it potentially involved, but it was listed in the newsletter one day on my Celebrity cruise in September.

They had a silent disco on our P&O Iona cruise from Southampton last October - out on the open aft deck so we stayed a couple of minutes and went inside to the warm!

Also enjoyed a silent disco on Norwegian Bliss back in 2018..

1498657434_20180425_220848779.thumb.jpg.63d7b5626c2f557f205e8689c7e39841.jpg

• Like 1