The new 'enhancements' to the Latitudes tiers are actually a downgrade! More NICkLE and DIMING!!!

fstuff1

3 minutes ago, jskinsd said:

You just have to bet $5K.  Or can it be only $500.  And what is the return.  Sometimes good but probably most of the time bad.  Like I said sounds like a great deal.  Count me out ✌️

You don't have to bet $5K.  Not sure where you heard that, but I've been getting cruise comps for years (from NCL, Celebrity, Royal, Oceania, etc.) and that's just not true.

You don't even have to gamble on land (I never do.)

Edited by pcakes122
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sandycruzr said:

Damn! I LOVED priority embarkation…this will definitely make me rethink my future cruise plans. Why not keep a quality perk like this that costs ncl NOTHING?  Makes no sense!!

It's back.  NCL initially left it off the new list of Latitudes benefits, but it was restored by Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, complawyer said:

it seems that no matter what ncl does or tries to do, some people are never satisfied. awhile back, there were numerous complaints about the distance between platinum+ and ambassador. so ncl implements a new system and now people are bi**hing about lost perks.

1st off, the perks are free courtesy of ncl. 2nd, we've been platinum + for a while (and i never has any illusions of reaching ambassador status in my life time (im 74and have 196 points)

the only perks i really use and consider worthwhile, is the laundry package, and maybe the 15% off on shore excursions added onto the $50 off everyone gets. Even with these, i find ncl excurions rather pricey.  i dont need to have dinner with the officers, or get a tour of the ship. 

if you book a suite or a haven, priority embarkation and disembarkation is included. im very happy and satisfied that  the concierge can get me off the ship in 15-20 minutes. to me its worth slipping him a 50.

my reasons for taking any particular cruise are (1) ports of call (2) price of cabin (3) sea days, and not what other freebies i may get. i wont turn them down, but it doesnt enter my decision(s) 

get me on a ship, a cold beer or glass of champagne, let me veg out on my balcony and i'm a most happy camper. what perks come or dont come with the cruise after that are irrelevant. you  seem to forget one major item (and i'm     not a  cheerleader for ncl)! any point status, or level (and the perks that come with that status) is a gift from ncl... They dont owe you a point program. seriously consider the old saying "dont look a gift horse in the mouth"

nuff said!!!

Indeed!  We cruise to CRUISE.  All this perceived "status" stuff is so ego inflating.  Yes please, I will have another glass, thank you!

• Like 1

I've always been annoyed that the platinum meals were per cabin rather than per platinum customer.  On one particular music cruise, I travel with two other women.  Two of us have platinum status.  It's annoying to coordinate schedules for the meals or split them to each get one coupon.  If I'm paying a premium for entertainment, I don't want to miss a one-off special set or my favorite band for a meal.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had experience using the pre-cruise dedicated latitudes concierge?  I called today and the person lied twice, gave completely false information and wouldn’t help me with anything.  How is it a perk when the person answering the phone just lies?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

Has anyone had experience using the pre-cruise dedicated latitudes concierge?  I called today and the person lied twice, gave completely false information and wouldn’t help me with anything.  How is it a perk when the person answering the phone just lies?

This post might have some credibility if you actually told us how you were "lied" to. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Welcome to NCL phone reps!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

That is in line with expectations. It’s probably the reason why few of us have any actual experience with it. Never going to be worth the effort.

• Like 2

I'm so glad I don't get caught up in the points and levels game. Itinerary and price are my driving factors. If Royal can take me where I want to go cheaper then NCL when all is said and done Royal is where I book.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, njkate said:

I'm so glad I don't get caught up in the points and levels game. Itinerary and price are my driving factors. If Royal can take me where I want to go cheaper then NCL when all is said and done Royal is where I book.

I believe a majority of the people think that way. At least there are 2 of us in the majority.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, njkate said:

There are various reasons why people choose the cruise line that they use. Amongst those who stick with one line I suspect that loyalty points are a relatively minor reason.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 10:06 AM, njkate said:

Friends of mine who usually sail Royal Caribbean seem to talk a lot about their points, status, and perks as well.  These perks drive sales, and that's why many cruise lines offer them. 

On 3/7/2022 at 10:06 AM, njkate said:

Im not sure but they might be able to take you cheaper THAN Norwegian.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Im not sure but they might be able to take you cheaper THAN Norwegian.

When I look at Royal I also factor in paying for the drink package and many times they are cheaper. Never did Carnival and not sure I ever would. I just don't think the perks of different latitude levels are enticing to not look at other lines, unless you're one of those people that like to continually say " I'm platinum" like really who the hell cares lol so dam annoying lol

15 minutes ago, JustAllie said:

Friends of mine who usually sail Royal Caribbean seem to talk a lot about their points, status, and perks as well.  These perks drive sales, and that's why many cruise lines offer them. 

Yes you have those at Royal where points mean a lot and some that like to continually say what their status is 

unless you're one of those people that like to continually say " I'm platinum" like really who the hell cares lol so dam annoying lol

I've never met a person who continually says "I'm platinum."  Are you certain that they exist, or are they like bigfoot? 🦧

When I look at Royal I also factor in paying for the drink package and many times they are cheaper. Never did Carnival and not sure I ever would. I just don't think the perks of different latitude levels are enticing to not look at other lines, unless you're one of those people that like to continually say " I'm platinum" like really who the hell cares lol so dam annoying lol

Oh jeez I’m sure you’ve seen all the posts that start with “I’m ….. status “ same on many other lines boards here, always makes me chuckle at their perceived self importance 

well, ha ha ha, we're  sapphire..... so there. nyah nyah nyah. but you're right, who gives a rat's tushie? 

maybe we should all petition ncl to send t-shirts along with the luggage tags indicating level status. so everyone else will know once we're all aboard!

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Oh jeez I’m sure you’ve seen all the posts that start with “I’m ….. status “

Yes, I have seen posts that start like that when somebody has a specific question about Platinum et al benefits.  If somebody finds that annoying, then they really might be happier someplace else.

Bonus question:  I post here all the time.  What's my NCL status? 🤣

15 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yes, I have seen posts that start like that when somebody has a specific question about Platinum et al benefits.  If somebody finds that annoying, then they really might be happier someplace else.

Bonus question:  I post here all the time.  What's my NCL status? 🤣

Oh on the former not annoying just laughable on the latter I don’t care