Barcelona hotels

FlashF15

On 1/13/2022 at 2:08 PM, FlashF15 said:

There are so many places to stay in Barcelona.  Where do you recommend pre & post cruise?  Has anyone stayed at Hotel Colon? Thanks!

Arts Hotel at Port Olympic.  By the beach.  Wonderful location.   Still pretty close to everything.  Check it out. 

• 3 weeks later...

We just stayed (May 2022) at the Room Mate Carla Hotel.  It is a lovely boutique hotel, wonderful amenities, perfectly located in Las Rambles area and a breakfast spread that was AMAZING!  There are several Room Mate Hotels in Europe.  I would stay at the Room Mate Carla Hotel again and again. 

• 4 weeks later...

Booked at the Majestic pre-cruise this fall and looking forward to it.  Post cruise staying at the Edition for one night, which is in a great location and looks equally as nice.  Stayed previously at the Cotton House which I also recommend, especially if you are looking for more of a boutique feel.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Ikonik Ramblas at the end of May.  It was a nice place to stay and the location was convenient.  It is near the end of Las Ramblas closest to the waterfront.  We were travelling carry-on and were able to walk to the shuttle bus which takes you out to the cruise ships.

• Like 1

I have not been on a cruise from Barcelona since 2018, however the taxi  cost from central BCN to the port on my last 7 cruises has been under $20.  We were a couple, if you have a larger party the taxi fare would be greater.  Hotels are central and worth the taxi fare to the port.  WE have boarded and watched people walking to the port, probably to save money - fuffff I would not be doing that walk to save about $5

• 2 weeks later...

I got a recommendation for the Hotel Barcelona Apolo by Melia on Trip Advisor.  I did make a reservation, the hotel is about 10 minutes from the port and there is a Hop-On-Hop-Off bus station near the hotel plus a short walk to Los Ramblas.  It has a restaurant so we added breakfast to our hotel reservation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have 2 reservations ahead of a cruise in April 2023. One is at the H10 Port Vell and the other at HCC Taber. Anyone stay at either? Thoughts? The H10 is near the HOHO bus and that is important to me. 

Thanks! 

On 4/9/2022 at 12:08 PM, victory2020 said:

is there a hotel within walking distance to the cruise port? Are there any that have shuttles to/from airport & cruise port? I will be staying for 1 night on my own so I would want  one inexpensive & safe

In short, probably not, unless you're in good physical shape and can weather 2 miles by foot with a suitcase in tow. There is a shuttle bus, however, you would find the following site useful, as it has a clickable map correlating hotels and the bus route:

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/faq/cruise-ship-terminals/shuttle-bus-barcelona-cruise-terminal.html

Ourselves, though, we're crazy enough to try it on foot (both ways nonetheless), staying in Hotel Roma Reial, a small outfit adjacent to the big red circle on the map (2.7 miles, an hour in 70F weather). 

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2022 at 4:14 PM, ollienbertsmum said:

I have not been on a cruise from Barcelona since 2018, however the taxi  cost from central BCN to the port on my last 7 cruises has been under $20.  We were a couple, if you have a larger party the taxi fare would be greater.  Hotels are central and worth the taxi fare to the port.  WE have boarded and watched people walking to the port, probably to save money - fuffff I would not be doing that walk to save about $5

How far is the port?

Could not work out where to type so my answer is in two parts. 

i did a trial journey from a hotel i have used in the old town.  Very happy with location, would book hotel again because when i am travelling I don't go for all the whistles and bells.

I put berth A in as the destination as this is the berth NCL have always used. Without a suitcase the walking distance would not have fazed us,  With a suitcase even in the spring or autumn it is no way to start a vacation. 

On 12/27/2022 at 6:45 PM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

How far is the port?

It really depends what area Up are staying in. Large City. We stayed at Hotel Colon in Gothic Quarter. It was incredible. It was about 15 minute ride

• 8 months later...

Is it too soon to book a hotel for my October 3, 2024 cruise.  Every hotel I’ve looked at says there is no availability.  I’m wondering if there is truly no availability or is it that it is too soon to book.  I stayed in Hotel Colon about 12 years ago and Hotel Jazz 5 years ago.  Both say no availability online.

1 hour ago, SharonK said:

Is it too soon to book a hotel for my October 3, 2024 cruise.  Every hotel I’ve looked at says there is no availability.  I’m wondering if there is truly no availability or is it that it is too soon to book.  I stayed in Hotel Colon about 12 years ago and Hotel Jazz 5 years ago.  Both say no availability online.

I think it is probably showing you this because the hotels have not yet released availability this far out.  We have also stayed at the Jazz numerous times.  Very convenient hotel with big rooms. 

• Like 1