Barcelona hotels

FlashF15

I’ve also stayed at the Regencia Colon twice.  It’s a nice, more affordable hotel.  So hopefully its closure is indeed temporary.  The Colon is just around the corner.   I think the location is great.  We enjoyed walking to many things from that location.  And access to the Metro is also walkable, so you can see things further away too.  The Colon looks quite nice, but I have not stayed there. 

• Like 1

I have reservations at the Hotel Colon for May.  So far impressed with their service.  If a Covid test is still required to come back to the US in May the hotel is going to make testing arrangements for me the day before I fly home.  They have been very responsive too all my emails.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at Hotel Arc La Rambla.  It was towards the end of La Rambla but we liked the location. Convenient to a train stop (like 2 blocks away).  The food did seem to be the same amongst a lot of the restaurants but a train ride or taxi can fix that.  I have heard hit or miss things about this hotel as far as noise and room size.  We had the 509 Duplex room and it was wonderful.  2 bathrooms, 2 floors, a huge terrace overlooking La Rambla.  I would stay in that hotel, in that room, again in a heartbeat.  

https://hotelarclarambla.com/en/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are staying at the Hotel Jazz for the fourth time.  Love it’s location in the center of Barcelona a few minutes from The Ramblas.  It has spacious modern rooms and wonderful rooftop terrace.  Very excited to be staying here again in July. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 1:33 PM, erby2283 said:

We stayed at Hotel Arc La Rambla.  It was towards the end of La Rambla but we liked the location. Convenient to a train stop (like 2 blocks away).  The food did seem to be the same amongst a lot of the restaurants but a train ride or taxi can fix that.  I have heard hit or miss things about this hotel as far as noise and room size.  We had the 509 Duplex room and it was wonderful.  2 bathrooms, 2 floors, a huge terrace overlooking La Rambla.  I would stay in that hotel, in that room, again in a heartbeat.  

https://hotelarclarambla.com/en/

I looked at this room, it looks incredible for the price! like, suspiciously so. Any cons to staying at the hotel?  

On 4/17/2022 at 2:22 PM, scvgirl said:

We are booked at the Hotel Jazz for our 5/20/22 sailing.  Can anyone recommend a clinic close to the hotel for pre-cruise Covid testing?  Thanks for any help.

I would ask the staff. 

7 hours ago, Stasiaf said:

I looked at this room, it looks incredible for the price! like, suspiciously so. Any cons to staying at the hotel?  

Since this was my one trip to Barcelona, if there is a con about staying at this hotel - I don’t have one as long as I am in this room. If you read their online reviews from google many complaints about views from certain rooms and noise but I had none. We arrived at 10 am and they had lockers we could pay for to store our luggage and then we went out and explored for the day and came back later to check in. Barcelona Day Tours picked us up just two blocks away. The subway entrance is also relatively close. I will say again that most restaurants seem to offer a very similar menu so maybe that would be my one complaint.  It’s at the end of La Rambla so taking a taxi to the port the next day is pretty easy. I would make sure it’s in an area you want to be in (maybe read some goggle reviews but all are gonna have some  bad ones) but if the room is available, I would have no problems booking it again. All the nightmares I read about how small rooms in Europe are - this felt like a palace. We also paid for the rate that included breakfast. Had a very nice spread - not sure if that has changed since Covid though. Maybe current reviews would mention that?

• Like 1