Frank Del Rio’s Comments Yesterday on Cruising’s Future

HiFi43

Frank Del Rio, Oceania’s Founded and Chairman of NCL, yesterday in a new conference talked about cruise lines taking an unfair amount of criticism from the press and the future opening for cruising all their brands including Oceania. Here is the link to that discussion…

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Insights/Frank-Del-Rio-says-media-unfair-to-cruise-industry

1 hour ago, HiFi43 said:

Frank Del Rio, Oceania’s Founded and Chairman of NCL, yesterday in a new conference talked about cruise lines taking an unfair amount of criticism from the press and the future opening for cruising all their brands including Oceania. Here is the link to that discussion…

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Insights/Frank-Del-Rio-says-media-unfair-to-cruise-industry

Gee.... the media is unfair?    What an interesting  awareness..

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, RJB said:

Very  well said. 

2 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Gee.... the media is unfair?    What an interesting  awareness..

Sorry if you've had less than satisfactory experiences recently...with cancellations, FCCs, whatever. But I absolutely agree with FDR and have been saying for a long time (pre-Covid even) the same thing regarding the media. They are, in large part, responsible for the bad rap on cruising. And, of course, the Grand Princess debacle early 2020 before we knew what we were dealing with, doesn't help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, osandomir said:

Just listen to the news nowadays. Not only cruise related.

To be frank, ( and not Del Rio,)  news today is not so much news but melodrama of crafted hype according to the taste of who is giving it and their agenda.     Bad news thus all the better if you make it worse.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

To be frank, ( and not Del Rio,)  news today is not so much news but melodrama of crafted hype according to the taste of who is giving it and their agenda.     Bad news thus all the better if you make it worse.   

Bad news sells much better than good news.  When do you ever see a story about a boy helping an old lady cross the street?  Next to never or at all. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 12:57 PM, jazznruby said:

Sorry if you've had less than satisfactory experiences recently...with cancellations, FCCs, whatever. But I absolutely agree with FDR and have been saying for a long time (pre-Covid even) the same thing regarding the media. They are, in large part, responsible for the bad rap on cruising. And, of course, the Grand Princess debacle early 2020 before we knew what we were dealing with, doesn't help.

Don’t forget the US Government didn’t want the ship to off load in the US—because the numbers would be higher…….Now we have to pay for it.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 11:58 AM, HiFi43 said:

I have said this elsewhere and will repeat here: at some point, the CDC needs to look at what is happening at Oceania and say THIS IS THE WAY TO DO IT. Not to cruising, to America.

They distribute, for free and regularly, N95 face masks. They are incredibly vigilant when it comes to washing your hands and wearing that mask. And of course, everyone in the environment is vaxxed.

The result has been ridiculously low infection rates and conversely, a leg of the industry that stays open for business. I honestly cannot believe it's taken until January, 2022, to get to this point in our country. 

The same clowns woke up to the idea that 5G would have an impact on altimeters on airplanes, five years after the rollout. Honestly, *****. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AlexCherie said:

I have said this elsewhere and will repeat here: at some point, the CDC needs to look at what is happening at Oceania and say THIS IS THE WAY TO DO IT. Not to cruising, to America.

Yes, agreed except I think you can’t overlook the pax profile of the typical O cruiser compared to the mass lines. I’d trust an O cruiser to follow the guidelines, not only onboard but also before arrival (to the extent possible given the current travel environment). 
And do we really have any stats on covid positive pax and crew? I hadn’t heard any for O.

Presumably Regent would also be performing better than mass lines as well…..?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawaiidan said:

The CHP would love that......    You still making "Corn" down there in the Ozarks.....   Happy newyear.

Of course, or maybe the 2000's version of it. How do you think us hillbillies afford to go on Oceania?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1