Ensuring Anthem 31 Jan Sailing Exceeds Expectations

gmerick

The current (Jan 22) Harmony, Anthem, Alure, and Indy posts show how well CC members can maintain a good attitude towards cruising.  I'm absolutely set on enjoying my cruise at the end of the month.  Trying to decide what I;ll need to say "Yup, that was a good cruise" when I'm winging my way back to the frozen wastelands of flyover country.

Boarding time -- My reservation says 11AM (The Key), but just getting on board "meets expectations", so I'll shoot for not later than 4PM.

Balcony Cabin -- It's been reserved for 2 years, I'm hoping it's still there.  Expectations can allow for getting shuffled, as long as it's still a balcony, I'm OK.

Dining -- Things are too weird here.  I don't trust the windjammer, I can hope for Buffets in 270 and the Solarium.  Expectation:  Room Service Breakfast, and MDR Dinner.  Lunch can be hit or miss.

On-Board entertainment -- I've always enjoyed evening entertainment, but again, things are weird, and I'd like to avoid crowds.  Expectation: one showing of WWRY, and maybe a couple lounge acts of piano or guitar.  A nice to have would be a couple sessions on the FlowRider.

Port Calls -- I'm hopeful and optimistic.  I've scheduled private excursions in all 5 ports.  Yes, hope springs eternal, but anything I can get here is strictly bonus material.  Expectation: Lets try for one scheduled port, one unscheduled port, and one open-ocean meetup with Radiance, Jewel, Vision, etc.

OK Expectations set sufficiently low, so party on and look forward to a good cruise.  I'll give them a lot of freeboard to load this one up as the best cruise ever.  I've got to get away from any weather report that mentions wind-chill or blizzard.

• Like 4

I'm on this sailing as well and it's a go with the flow attitude for me. A lot of my excitement comes from the anticipation but I realize these are different circumstances, so I'm being optimistic that everything happens as it's supposed to - I've told myself that once I see the ship, I can let all the excitement boil over.

See you onboard! 🙂 I'll be the one in the mask LOL

Have been at sea six weeks since August and all the cruise lines were awesome.  Worst we have seen was masks indoors and some ports even outdoors.  St Kitts didn't allow independent tours in November but who knows what it will be like on your cruise.  Antigua and St Lucia were pretty close to normal.

The guess was accurate - Solarium was closed some of the time on my 12 Dec sailing.  I'll keep it as hit or miss,.  And definitely no WJ, because on that sailing was a mess what with crowds, bad masking, and folks using their fingers to get food because the tongs got taken away.

17 minutes ago, gmerick said:

The guess was accurate - Solarium was closed some of the time on my 12 Dec sailing.  I'll keep it as hit or miss,.  And definitely no WJ, because on that sailing was a mess what with crowds, bad masking, and folks using their fingers to get food because the tongs got taken away.

I apologize, it was an "inside" joke.

Edited by Another_Critic

1 hour ago, gmerick said:

The current (Jan 22) Harmony, Anthem, Alure, and Indy posts show how well CC members can maintain a good attitude towards cruising.  I'm absolutely set on enjoying my cruise at the end of the month.  Trying to decide what I;ll need to say "Yup, that was a good cruise" when I'm winging my way back to the frozen wastelands of flyover country.

Boarding time -- My reservation says 11AM (The Key), but just getting on board "meets expectations", so I'll shoot for not later than 4PM.

Balcony Cabin -- It's been reserved for 2 years, I'm hoping it's still there.  Expectations can allow for getting shuffled, as long as it's still a balcony, I'm OK.

Dining -- Things are too weird here.  I don't trust the windjammer, I can hope for Buffets in 270 and the Solarium.  Expectation:  Room Service Breakfast, and MDR Dinner.  Lunch can be hit or miss.

On-Board entertainment -- I've always enjoyed evening entertainment, but again, things are weird, and I'd like to avoid crowds.  Expectation: one showing of WWRY, and maybe a couple lounge acts of piano or guitar.  A nice to have would be a couple sessions on the FlowRider.

Port Calls -- I'm hopeful and optimistic.  I've scheduled private excursions in all 5 ports.  Yes, hope springs eternal, but anything I can get here is strictly bonus material.  Expectation: Lets try for one scheduled port, one unscheduled port, and one open-ocean meetup with Radiance, Jewel, Vision, etc.

OK Expectations set sufficiently low, so party on and look forward to a good cruise.  I'll give them a lot of freeboard to load this one up as the best cruise ever.  I've got to get away from any weather report that mentions wind-chill or blizzard.

Well said.   Looking forward to sunshine and warm air.  I enjoy walking and this time of year is a challenge.  Just walking the ship is fun for me.  Those of us who grew up in large families have learned to adjust to not getting what we want and making lemons into lemon martinis.   I am counting down to r Jan 31 Anthem cruise too.   We will b toasting sailaway on r balcony 👀 looking  forward blue skies and white sand beaches—even if we have to look at them from r ship.  

Edited by mrg0433
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've seen some ship, cant remember which the solarium was closed some meals. Maybe adjust a little more and consider WJ. They are pretty full service. 

Yes, I am on Anthem now and solarium has closed for at least dinners.  Since we are now at the islands I haven't tried for lunch and we have been doing WJ the last couple of days for breakfast as we like to eat breakfast at their outdoor area.

Expectations still met, but cruise offering diminished.

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

Due to new restrictions by the Puerto Rican government, we’ll no longer be able to sail there. Instead, we’ll now have a sea day. We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation, and we’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. Nevertheless, we know you’ll have an excellent time! Below, please find our revised Anthem of the Seas January 31st, 2022 itinerary.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Mon

Cape Liberty, New Jersey

4:30 PM

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Cruising

Thu

Cruising

Fri

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

9:00 AM

7:00 PM

Sat

St. Johns, Antigua

8:00 AM

5:00 PM

Sun

Castries, St. Lucia

8:00 AM

Mon

Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis

7:00 AM

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Cruising

Thu

Cruising

Fri

Cape Liberty, New Jersey

6:00 AM

Anthem of the Seas is a destination in itself! Our thrill seekers can suit up for high-flying fun on the only skydiving simulator at sea – Ripcord by iFly. Or, surf the waves on the Flowrider, catch views from a vantage point unlike any other on the North Star, then head to the SeaPlex for a friendly bumper car battle. If relaxing is number one on your to do list, we also have you covered. Enjoy a drink in the North Star Bar, take a stroll down the Royal Esplanade, or grab a quick bite to eat at the Seaplex Dog House. Your sea day has no limits!

Any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for San Juan will automatically be refunded to your original form of payment. If you haven’t booked your shore excursions yet, be sure to check out our Cruise Planner for your options to discover adventure in each exciting destination.

Important Reminder: Families traveling with unvaccinated kids are required to purchase a tour through Royal Caribbean to go ashore. Some ports require all guests, regardless of vaccination status, to purchase tours through Royal Caribbean. Review the latest healthy shore excursion requirements by port here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope you enjoy your time with us onboard Anthem of the Seas!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

We too are on the 31st sailing 🙂 Our expectations are the same as yours, I expect a cabin, some food in some place on the ship (it may be in my room) I AM VERY EXCITED FOR A FEW DRINKS..... I would love some sun.....it's been -40'C and colder in Calgary over the last few weeks so anything 60'C warmer or above would be phenomenal but just sun, a pool, a bed, some food I don't have to cook and a few drinks are what we are looking for 🙂

Are my expectations to high?? LOL

• Like 1