Caribbean P Jan 9 to Mar 13 live review/updates

Waynetor

9 hours ago, CruisingAwayTheBucketList said:

Same here.  There were about 40-50 people in Ft Lauderdale fir B2B Caribbean cruises.  Sat in the holding area close to 2 hours waiting for 2 couples.  First ones out were an older couple and people booed them pretty bad.  Second was a young couple in the low 20s coming down the escalator with wet hair and wearing pajamas.  People not only booed but yelled and screamed at them.  The crew had to calm everyone down.  Then they took the couple to another area and let everyone else on. Saw the young couple afterward on the ship and even a few days later if some  of the B2Bers saw them they they loudly make comments so there’s could hear them.  Hopefully they learned a lesson but probably not.  Some people just don’t care about anyone but themselves.

I don't think there's ever been a time when we didn't have to wait for stragglers to show up for the walk through. They'll always be a few that can't seem to understand the conflict that they're causing by being the last to show up. 

Even the location feature of the medallion system didn't seem to help with locating them. 

8 minutes ago, Grammyluvs said:

We cruise on the CB Princess next Sunday, the 20th. I wear an IWATCH. Will I need to leave it at home. It  has cell capabilities. Or does anyone know if I need to put it on airplane mode and how? Thanks

Never mind found answer as soon as I posted.

2 hours ago, CruisingAwayTheBucketList said:

What did you find out?  I had not thought about that.

If you have an  iPhone, when you put it on airplane mode,  it will automatically do the same to your watch. If in your settings you have turned that option on.

• Like 1

Tonight for the first time the Explorers Lounge was packed full - great comedian that did a show in the theatre last night and 2 shows in Explores tonight.  Later I participated in Yes/No game.  The fastest exit was 5 seconds with another at 9 seconds.  Matt the CD has been quite good with prizes.  One lady mentioned she had 25 cruises and had been married for 45 years.  She lasted around 2 minutes.  I was last up and it also came up that I have also been married 45 years and that it is my birthday tomorrow.  Matt gave her and myself diner for 2 in a speciality dining room.  I lasted 2:59.

• Like 3

The expected passenger count for Feb 20 is 1,282 - about 10% over current and about 50% over Jan 16 but still low enough to offer lots of room and little crowding,

On this weeks voyage there are 184 elite and 241 platinum members.  With the top 2 from last week leaving last Sunday, the new top 3 nights travelled are 1,645, 1,317 and 1,135. 

Two weeks ago my wife won a bottle of champagne at the Captain circle party and tonight I won a bottle.  We had gone around 45 parties prior to this without winning. 

• Like 4

Thank you so much for taking the time to find out the info and posting.  Hoping we get the chance to thank you in person.

Now I just have to get the Medallion people at the port help to get me onboard as all of my cruises have disappeared.

Cheers  Louden

Up until now the covid test for those doing B2B have been on Sat morning between 9:30 and 12:30. For this week the test will be between 8 and 10 am.

Nice weather day in Cozumel today.  At the end of the hall our cabin (deck 15) is in is a door that leads to an area that most people do not know about.  Going out the heavy door and then up 4 steps leads to a large area that is over the bridge.  There are no chairs or any other comforts.   This area gives a great forward view.  Today while in port it was quite windy there while on other parts of the ship the breeze was light.  I would image that while at sea it would for the most part be too windy to go out there.

The RCI Liberty of the Seas was docked next to us.  While having diner I noticed that I was not seeing any passengers coming up the pier so they must be close to leaving.  Then I noticed a van come up the pier quickly (vehicles not normally allowed on pier).  Within about 2 minutes after that the lines were dropped and she sailed off.  Looked like a close call for some passengers.  After we set sail, I noticed 2 ships idle offshore.  One was a NCL ship.  

The buffet has had a few special lunches.  These are listed in the patter under the World Fresh Marketplace (buffet) hours.  Day 3 had a Ramen and Asian Corner, day 5 had a Sandwich Action Station (expanded sandwich options and the sandwiches are custom made to your request), and day 7 Fishermans buffet. 

For the most part the chair hogs have not been busy since we got on the ship, but they were out in full force today.  We passed the Neptune pool around 8:30 this morning and noticed around 10 lounge chairs with items and no one using them just on the side of the pool we were walking by.  We came back and sat in the area from around 9:30 to 10:30 and the same lounges were still being saved with no one using them.  There were a couple lounge chairs available but not as pairs. We left and came back from around 11 to noon and most were still not in use.  It was not until after lunch that the pool area became close to full of people using the lounges.  There were lots of chairs up on deck 16 available all this time.  The view up there is better and there is more breeze.  

Another very nice lunch today for the most travelled passengers.  Only 38 were there. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Waynetor said:For the most part the chair hogs have not been busy since we got on the ship, but they were out in full force today.  We passed the Neptune pool around 8:30 this morning and noticed around 10 lounge chairs with items and no one using them just on the side of the pool we were walking by.  We came back and sat in the area from around 9:30 to 10:30 and the same lounges were still being saved with no one using them.  There were a couple lounge chairs available but not as pairs. We left and came back from around 11 to noon and most were still not in use.  It was not until after lunch that the pool area became close to full of people using the lounges.  There were lots of chairs up on deck 16 available all this time.  The view up there is better and there is more breeze.  

I can’t believe anyone is talking about chair hogs on ships that are less than half full. 
We were on the Jan 23 sailing with 1100 passengers and we always saw open loungers available.

10 hours ago, Waynetor said:

The buffet has had a few special lunches.  These are listed in the patter under the World Fresh Marketplace (buffet) hours.  Day 3 had a Ramen and Asian Corner, day 5 had a Sandwich Action Station (expanded sandwich options and the sandwiches are custom made to your request), and day 7 Fishermans buffet. 

For the most part the chair hogs have not been busy since we got on the ship, but they were out in full force today.  We passed the Neptune pool around 8:30 this morning and noticed around 10 lounge chairs with items and no one using them just on the side of the pool we were walking by.  We came back and sat in the area from around 9:30 to 10:30 and the same lounges were still being saved with no one using them.  There were a couple lounge chairs available but not as pairs. We left and came back from around 11 to noon and most were still not in use.  It was not until after lunch that the pool area became close to full of people using the lounges.  There were lots of chairs up on deck 16 available all this time.  The view up there is better and there is more breeze.  

Another very nice lunch today for the most travelled passengers.  Only 38 were there. 

Depends on the age group OB.  This cruise, Feb 13, has a lot of young couples and couples with young children 5 and up. Also, last 2 weeks it has had over 400 new cruisers to Princess each week.  Many on winter break. Wait until Mar 6-13 sailing, they are saying 2400 passengers 

are currently booked on the 6 night.

Maybe they don’t know the rules?  Lol

Edited by PacnGoNow

20 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Depends on the age group OB.  This cruise, Feb 13, has a lot of young couples and couples with young children 5 and up. Also, last 2 weeks it has had over 400 new cruisers to Princess each week.  Many on winter break. Wait until Mar 6-13 sailing, they are saying 2400 passengers 

Or they just don’t care!  We are getting on the ship Mar 6th and have been looking forward to smaller number of people.  But glad to see Princess starting to do better.  No cruise line could survive at such low numbers for very long.  I saw on the website that only inside and outside (no balcony) cabins were available for our cruise.

2 hours ago, CruisingAwayTheBucketList said:

Or they just don’t care!  We are getting on the ship Mar 6th and have been looking forward to smaller number of people.  But glad to see Princess starting to do better.  No cruise line could survive at such low numbers for very long.  I saw on the website that only inside and outside (no balcony) cabins were available for our cruise.

Update:  The 6 night cruise is the Mar 13-19 cruise before the Panama Canal.  NOT   
Mar 6.  I’ll clarify, if I can get an answer.

11 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Here’s an update as of tonight:

I rechecked with the Director of Food services and was told…passenger count is currently:

Feb 27  is about 1400

Mar 6 is about 2100

Mar 13 is about 2300

Mar 19 Panama canal 1900

and

500 B2b’s on Mar 19 going CB to Panama

Of course depends on bookings and cancellations.

The number I was given for next week is 1,419 which is subject to change.  For this week the cutoff for the top 40 lunch is 390 nights.

In Ft. L today it was cloudy.  Temp was to be 77F for a high but with cool breeze it felt cooler.

Disembraking started at 7:15.  All passengers were called by 9 but the last passenger did not leave until 9:35.  Getting back on the ship did not take too long after that.  There were less than 200 doing B2B this week.

NCAA basketball is being shown on in cabin TV as well as in Churchill lounge.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Waynetor said:

The number I was given for next week is 1,419 which is subject to change.  For this week the cutoff for the top 40 lunch is 390 nights.

In Ft. L today it was cloudy.  Temp was to be 77F for a high but with cool breeze it felt cooler.

Disembraking started at 7:15.  All passengers were called by 9 but the last passenger did not leave until 9:35.  Getting back on the ship did not take too long after that.  There were less than 200 doing B2B this week.

NCAA basketball is being shown on in cabin TV as well as in Churchill lounge.

Is Churchill open for smoking 

I posted this on the March 6 thread.

Princess Cruises Confirms Participation in CDC Program through March 31

February 18, 2022 6:00PM PT

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. – Princess confirms that it is participating in the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated program for cruise ships operating in U.S. waters through March 31 and is advising guests of the following changes:

• Effective with cruises departing Mar. 1, masks on board will be recommended but not required. There may, however, be certain venues and events where masks will be required.
  • Additional flexibility for pre-cruising testing requirements will become available. Details will be posted to the Cruise Health section of our website.
  • Princess will continue to meet the standard of vaccinated cruises.

"Princess has proven cruise vacations are safe and healthy for our guests and teams," said John Padgett, President, Princess Cruises. "Going forward, Princess is prepared to adjust operating protocols to ensure our guests have amazing vacations while always protecting the safety of our guests, team members and destinations."

Padgett added, "We appreciate the ongoing collaboration among multiple government agencies as well as the support of Alaska officials and other delegations."

3 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

I posted this on the March 6 thread.

Princess Cruises Confirms Participation in CDC Program through March 31

February 18, 2022 6:00PM PT

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. – Princess confirms that it is participating in the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated program for cruise ships operating in U.S. waters through March 31 and is advising guests of the following changes:

• Effective with cruises departing Mar. 1, masks on board will be recommended but not required. There may, however, be certain venues and events where masks will be required.
  • Additional flexibility for pre-cruising testing requirements will become available. Details will be posted to the Cruise Health section of our website.
  • Princess will continue to meet the standard of vaccinated cruises.

"Princess has proven cruise vacations are safe and healthy for our guests and teams," said John Padgett, President, Princess Cruises. "Going forward, Princess is prepared to adjust operating protocols to ensure our guests have amazing vacations while always protecting the safety of our guests, team members and destinations."

Padgett added, "We appreciate the ongoing collaboration among multiple government agencies as well as the support of Alaska officials and other delegations."

Am I missing something ? Today is Feb 21 st.

3 hours ago, CruisingAwayTheBucketList said:

Just read an article posted on Cruise Critic board for our cruise starting March 6 on Caribbean Princess that says starting March 1 the mask policy is changing.  Masks will be recommended but not required!  Has anyone currently on the ship heard this?

Yes we have, but it can change back at any time.  Depending on covid surges.