No Cheers package—best bang for my buck?

Crismess669

My roommate has decided to be a buzzkill by not purchasing the Cheers package. I am retaliating by not purchasing Bubbles. I’m now looking at probably spending way more than I would if I had Cheers.

Best drinks to maximize my buzz on the ship? Do I stick with the teas? Also, am I gonna feel a Blue Iguana margarita happy buzz the same way I’d feel it at a local Mexican restaurant?

I am bringing my bottle of wine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My roommate has decided to be a buzzkill by not purchasing the Cheers package. I am retaliating by not purchasing Bubbles. I’m now looking at probably spending way more than I would if I had Cheers.

Well, look at the bright side, it will solely be your choice as to how much you actually spend.  At least you know the plan up front and can budget for it, you will be fine, enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Drazil65
  • Like 1

You could also just buy a bottle or 2 from the Fun Shops to be delivered to your stateroom before your cruise. They are quite a bit more expensive than you would pay on land, but you will still see a huge cost savings over buying 20+ drinks from the bar. If you don't like drinking straight, bring a 12 pack of soda to mix with, or get just the bubbles package for the mixers. Good luck, hope you enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, DrSea said:

I think the more important question is why are you sailing with people you want to retaliate against? 

FYI, there are ways to get free drinks while onboard

I’m retaliating against them by letting them pay for every Pepsi. I’m not leaving a horse head in their bed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

48 minutes ago, Drazil65 said:

Well, look at the bright side, it will solely be your choice as to how much you actually spend.  At least you know the plan up front and can budget for it, you will be fine, enjoy your cruise!

This is true. Honestly, there’s no way I’d come close to 15 drinks a day. I just don’t want to spend $13 on a drink that’s 99% sugar with no taste of rum.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tm_aw_love said:

You could also just buy a bottle or 2 from the Fun Shops to be delivered to your stateroom before your cruise. They are quite a bit more expensive than you would pay on land, but you will still see a huge cost savings over buying 20+ drinks from the bar. If you don't like drinking straight, bring a 12 pack of soda to mix with, or get just the bubbles package for the mixers. Good luck, hope you enjoy your cruise. 

...or order 12 cups of OJ from room service (before 10pm) and drink screwdrivers all day like I do 😆

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Crismess669 said:

It’s not? WTH??

I don't think Carnival is worried about sharing of soda like they are sharing of alcohol.  That would probably be the reason not everyone in the cabin is required to purchase it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cmukid87 said:

I don't think Carnival is worried about sharing of soda like they are sharing of alcohol.  That would probably be the reason not everyone in the cabin is required to purchase it.

Good to know. I didn’t know that and neither will my cabinmate 😂

• Like 2

Most cost effective drinking on a cruise by far is drinking in port. Not sure what ports you are going to. Some have all inclusive beach type setups. You can also just an excursion for half the day and stop in a local bar for the other half. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As far as your best bang for your buck on board....Try the "drink of the day", it is always a bit cheaper, and I have found to be a strong drink generally.  One or two of those will get you by...lol....

I am not a big fan of having to go back to your room to make a drink.... sometimes that can be quite a far walk and just the logistics of say having a good time in the pool chatting with people etc...and then having to excuse yourself to go make a drink (15 minutes atleast) is a bit of a buzz kill and gets old quick....

Enjoy!

• Like 2

I just got back from a 7 day cruise where buying Cheers wasn't even a thought in my mind. 

I brought 2 bottles of wine. I pre-purchased a bottle of bourbon and 4 pack of thirsty frog beer for my room. I bought a few cocktails. I bought (really cheap) beers while at port. All of this combined was around $200, including drinks at port.

No one will convince me I needed to pay over $400 for all of "convenience and trying different drinks" BS. Let alone the other half who would have also spent $400, and used virtually none of it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, famof4togo said:

As far as your best bang for your buck on board....Try the "drink of the day", it is always a bit cheaper, and I have found to be a strong drink generally.  One or two of those will get you by...lol....

I am not a big fan of having to go back to your room to make a drink.... sometimes that can be quite a far walk and just the logistics of say having a good time in the pool chatting with people etc...and then having to excuse yourself to go make a drink (15 minutes atleast) is a bit of a buzz kill and gets old quick....

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for being helpful. I’ll try Drink of the Days. Which bar does these?

Yeah going back to the room to spike orange juice with $85 vodka does not sound like a fun vacation. I enjoy having drinks made for me.

Edited by Crismess669
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, mz-s said:

If your goal is to get smashed, drink LIT's or Manhattan/Old Fashioneds.

I just found all the bar menus online and it looks like every bar has some variation of a LIE. I think this is going to be my strategy. I don’t wanna get trashed, just buzzed on two drinks compared to 4.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crismess669 said:

I just found all the bar menus online and it looks like every bar has some variation of a LIE. I think this is going to be my strategy. I don’t wanna get trashed, just buzzed on two drinks compared to 4.

Also, check out the Alchemy Bar at night. Almost every cocktail recipe there has 2 full servings of alcohol per drink by default. And if I remember correctly, the Atrium Bar and a few others will let you make a drink a double for like $1 more.  

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Crismess669 said:

Thank you so much for being helpful. I’ll try Drink of the Days. Which bar does these?

Yeah going back to the room to spike orange juice with $85 vodka does not sound like a fun vacation. I enjoy having drinks made for me.

I feel like you can find the "drink of the day" at most bars.... certainly by the pool.

You also can't go wrong with a Long Island Iced Tea....those will usually knock my socks off based on the alcohol content....at least when I was in my early 20s it did LOL

• Like 1