Chef's Table?

seagunthera

One of my fave traditions is to book the Chef's Table.  Headed out on the 2/19/22 sailing of the Majestic and wondering if the CT is an option since the re-start?  Has anyone done it and if so, was it modified (i.e. no galley visit, etc.). 

Thanks!

We are interested in this as well.  I'd like to hear from folks who have done it.  I believe the cost is a little over $100/pp.  I saw a documentary about the Regal on the Smithsonian channel a few weeks ago (Mighty Cruise Ships) where they discussed it.  Apparently Princess spent $2M on the light curtain alone on the new Royal class ships.

15 hours ago, seagunthera said:

One of my fave traditions is to book the Chef's Table.  Headed out on the 2/19/22 sailing of the Majestic and wondering if the CT is an option since the re-start?  Has anyone done it and if so, was it modified (i.e. no galley visit, etc.). 

Thanks!

This has happened on many ships.  It has been often reported that there is no Galley visit at this time.  No change in the cost, however.

13 hours ago, jeno said:

I was just going to ask the same about the Emerald.  We are boarding on 2/12.  

The cost for pre-Royal Class ships used to be less  Not sure that is the case any longer.

You need inquire on board early and express your interest.  Doesn't hurt to mention to a HW or DRO (MD).

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

This has happened on many ships.  It has been often reported that there is no Galley visit at this time.  No change in the cost, however.

Although there is no Galley visit, the four bite-sized appetizers usually served in the Galley are now presented in a single plate at the table in the dining room.  There is no change to the price as the amount of food served is identical to what was served before.

Edited by taxmantoo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, taxmantoo said:

Although there is no Galley visit, the four bite-sized appetizers usually served in the Galley are now presented in a single plate at the table in the dining room.  There is no change to the price as the amount of food served is identical to what was served before.

Thank you for the info and I'm happy it's still being offered (sans the galley). 

According to several "live from" threads, it has been offered on some voyages on some ships and not on others.

Best to express an interest in it early in the hopes that demand will cause it to happen.

A couple of threads said that during the Meet & Greet meeting they asked to have it offered and it was then scheduled just for the roll call members who were there and were interested.

On 1/20/2022 at 2:37 PM, seagunthera said:

Thanks!

Here’s what I know from other posts. Of course no galley tours. I’m of the understanding that the Majestic has a Winemakers Dinner which I have a group of 12 people for the 2/26/22 sailing which I’m going to ask for. I understand it’s around $60 against $90 or more for the Chef’s dinner & similar food. I’ve heard that there was a Chef’s Table on one of the Majestic cruises. 

I’ve been on 2 cruises on the Ruby & requested it for our CC group but they never did one. 

My understanding is that the Winemakers dinner is only offered on the Royal Class ships the others have the chef’s dinner. 

I’m also on the 2/19/22 cruise & am going to see if I can get a reservation to see what they do. Curious if the do either the Winemakers or Chef’s dinner or both. Since I’ve never been able to experience the Winemakers dinner I would like to experience that at least once. 

One post said that they started in Vines first and then went to the restaurant for dinner. 

Tom😀

4 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Here’s what I know from other posts. Of course no galley tours. I’m of the understanding that the Majestic has a Winemakers Dinner which I have a group of 12 people for the 2/26/22 sailing which I’m going to ask for. I understand it’s around $60 against $90 or more for the Chef’s dinner & similar food. I’ve heard that there was a Chef’s Table on one of the Majestic cruises. 

I’ve been on 2 cruises on the Ruby & requested it for our CC group but they never did one. 

My understanding is that the Winemakers dinner is only offered on the Royal Class ships the others have the chef’s dinner. 

I’m also on the 2/19/22 cruise & am going to see if I can get a reservation to see what they do. Curious if the do either the Winemakers or Chef’s dinner or both. Since I’ve never been able to experience the Winemakers dinner I would like to experience that at least once. 

One post said that they started in Vines first and then went to the restaurant for dinner. 

Tom😀

I've never done the Winemaker's either and would be interested in experiencing it as well. Please let me know if you find out any more about it.  

6 hours ago, trbarton said:

Tom😀

I did the Winemaker's Dinner on the Majestic in August. It was $40. I enjoyed it a lot, but it's not the equivalent of the Chef's Table. The Chef's Table is way too much food for me even though I enjoyed all three I've done.

Here is the menu we enjoyed. The amuse guele not described on the menu turned out to be a tasty escargot vol-au-vent with port wine reduction. A champagne cocktail made with vanilla vodka and watermelon syrup accompanied it. That's also missing from the menu description. I made the cocktail when we had guests at the beach. It's a great combination.

20210827_183606.jpg

20210827_183601.jpg

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

I did the Winemaker's Dinner on the Majestic in August. It was $40. I enjoyed it a lot, but it's not the equivalent of the Chef's Table. The Chef's Table is way too much food for me even though I enjoyed all three I've done.

Here is the menu we enjoyed. The amuse guele not described on the menu turned out to be a tasty escargot vol-au-vent with port wine reduction. A champagne cocktail made with vanilla vodka and watermelon syrup accompanied it. That's also missing from the menu description. I made the cocktail when we had guests at the beach. It's a great combination.

20210827_183606.jpg

20210827_183601.jpg

Thanks so much for this; I hope to do both!

• Like 1

Kathy &Bob. From Iowa. We are also on the 2/19 22 majestic cruise.  We would like to do the chiefs table. I have checked with our agent and princess. From I understand you need to book at the customer service desk. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bobkat120 said:

Kathy &Bob. From Iowa. We are also on the 2/19 22 majestic cruise.  We would like to do the chiefs table. I have checked with our agent and princess. From I understand you need to book at the customer service desk. 

I’ll post something on the thread for our cruise on the 19th. If there is enough interest & we have 12 people I’ll submit a request once I’m on the ship. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’ll post something on the thread for our cruise on the 19th. If there is enough interest & we have 12 people I’ll submit a request once I’m on the ship. 

Posting on the rollcall thread for your cruise is a great way to drum up interest. But I suggest signing up once you're on the ship even if you don't have a dozen people on the rollcall interested in it. You never know how many other people not on Cruise Critic may have signed up. 

• Like 1

There was a Chef's Table and a Winemaker's Dinner on our early November Majestic cruise.  No galley tour but otherwise, it was the same.  Chef's Table was amazing!  We liked the food on Winemaker's, but were disappointed there were only a few wines actually. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bobkat120 said:

Welcome!  Yes, I typically call once in my cabin to let them know I'm interested. The invitation usually arrives the next day and if my memory serves me, the last time it was held on Tuesday (Mazatlan?) evening. 

1 hour ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

There was a Chef's Table and a Winemaker's Dinner on our early November Majestic cruise.  No galley tour but otherwise, it was the same.  Chef's Table was amazing!  We liked the food on Winemaker's, but were disappointed there were only a few wines actually. 

Great to know, thanks!  Any other fun culinary/alcohol events on your voyage?  A few years back I remember going to a daytime wine/tasting event which was fab. 

1 hour ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Do you recall if they held the Chef's Table on Tuesday night (Mazatlan)? How about the WInemaker's?

23 hours ago, seagunthera said:

Great to know, thanks!  Any other fun culinary/alcohol events on your voyage?  A few years back I remember going to a daytime wine/tasting event which was fab. 

Pretty sure there were the normal wine tastings - one free for Elite and one for $25.  We didn't go to either, so don't know any more than that.

Winemaker's was Tuesday and Chef's Table was Wednesday (we boarded on Saturday).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Pretty sure there were the normal wine tastings - one free for Elite and one for $25.  We didn't go to either, so don't know any more than that.

Winemaker's was Tuesday and Chef's Table was Wednesday (we boarded on Saturday).

Thanks so much for the info:). 

On 1/25/2022 at 8:28 AM, trbarton said:

Anyone have menus from the Chef’s dinner?  From the Majestic if possible. 

Much appreciated!

Tom😀

Here are pix of the menus from Chef's Table this week on Wednesday on Majestic. The meal was insanely good. Way too much food and wine, but in one of the top three meal experiences we've ever had. The price was $115 per person, and I called dining services to be placed on the waiting list. They had two Chef's Table meals this week. One on Tuesday and one on Wednesday.

20220128_060208.jpg

20220128_060231.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1